constructive criticism/ inconsistent admining

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Spam Pro

constructive criticism/ inconsistent admining

Postby Kyuubi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:16

Fellow players/admins,

I have thought of doing this for a long time , but I never really thought it was this bad. The last year PS has grown a lot and with that comes certain responsibilities for the player and the admins. Today , I would like to point out some few errors in the PS community. I don't mean to hurt anyone, but i think some constructive criticism will help.

First of all, I keep hearing more and more complaints about inconsistent admining. Don't take this personal, but the most of you can't handle criticism. I believe Evil has something to say about everything, and that annoys a lot of players. You see me calling names here. That's because i think it's neccesary for the PS community to realize some problems. Most of the time(recently) if someone complains, you'll get the reply: If you don't like it here, go play somewhere else. Another example of taking things personal. If you would see things a different way, most problems can be solved within the blink of an eye.

More about the inconsisitent admining. It seems to me that most of the members/admins are not admin-material. It's a matter of who is the best asslicker to me. Asslicking will get you really far in this community, and I think that is a shame. You should choose members based on admining skills, maturity and most of all. FUN. I sense a lack of fun on the PS servers. I've seen many players joking around and not feeling welcome afterwards. One of your goals is to create the best gaming environment for the PS players, right? This is far from the truth, as you simply don't seem to care about the people who you think of as different/critising .

This has gone to a whole new level. I see bigrat being a (sort of) victim here of not being welcome. He used to be respected here, right? I guess not anymore. Like many other players, he felt betrayed by his community. You could say he just had to live with it. This is what most people probably think, because in their eyes it was his own fault. But from what I think, this is a perfect example of inconsistent admining. You create a better environment or the players you like , but not for the people you don't like as much. It shouldn't be like that. I see a lot of people leave the servers, just because of the fact that you favor some people. The other ones feel like they are not accepted, most of the time for a not explainable reason. You are trying to create a environment what's best for admins and members. No cheaters, only fun people( from your point of view ) and the best servers. But the truth is that sometimes, you categorize people.

People who you simply dislike have a smaller chance of becoming a respected player. And if you are not respected or you feel like no one wants you here, you go or you start breaking some rules because you don't care anyway. rulebreaking is another thing, you will simply get banned as soon as possible. it doesn't matter if anyone has done it before and got away with it. You will be banned. This is outrageous. The fact is that you ignore/ban/kick/ people who you think of as being inappropiate for your servers. That person is in you eyes funny/nice/smart. But the people who are actually smart, are the people who find mistakes and say something about them. My nephew plays randomely on the PS servers. He points out errors that annoy him. He may not say it softly, but most of the time he will be ignored. This is a shame. He notices these flaws, because he is an admin himself. Only in another game. He came to the PS severs with a totally different point of view. He had one thing in mind: fun. He didn't care about becoming a member. that is one of the reasons why he isn't brainwashed/hypnotized. If you are brainwashed/hypnotized, you won't see the flaws that other people see. You just overlook them or you don't even want to face them. People are afraid to say something about. They worry about their levels. I say, screw the whole level system. It takes the fun out of the game and makes people go SUPERASSLICKINGMODE.
Without levels, for most people fun will be in first place and not becoming a member. I understand why people want to become a memebr of this community. For a while, I wanted to become one too.

Back to my cousin, I told you about him coming here with a different point of view. I think that could be helpful to PS as he sees errors that admins/players wouldn't normally see. Take someone's advice! Don't think you are the best!

That last part is only aimed at some members. Most of them new ones. They think, because they get the membership, that they're great and better than the people who don't get a membership. They start freaking terrorizing the servers with their ego. Thinking they are awesome and praised by their 'minions''. But that's not true. People *beep* hate other people for doing that. And i don't blame them.

YES I JUST SAID *beep*. It's like when I start ET, I feel verbally restricted. The mute here doesn't make any sense at all. I see players with F0oking in their name. But you can't say *beep* in the mainchat. I think this is hilarious and straight up dumb at the same time. Let people use the word *beep* or noob. If someone is, why deny people saying that word? If you feel hurt by such a word, you are just not ready to be a man. I do see you want to prevent such things, like players crying behind their computers. But let them grow up, throw them in the wild. The word *beep* can be relaxing after you get MULTI TK'ED by some random noob who thinks he so super awesome with his rifle nade. I don't mean to be all mature here, but do you guys know freedom of speech? Let people say what they want! If it hurts someone, mute him. Sometimes I think you are simply too lazy to press those keyboard buttons. But by letting people speak their minds, you also get the chance to see who is a good player and who is not by their reaction on certain things. Also, letting people say whatever the like, can result in a better environment. More humor could be better. Most of the players tend to not make jokes about people. OH NOES , IF I SAY SOMETHING BAD I MIGHT GET DEGRADED. lame.....

Oh yes, and caps. What a load of bullcrap. As I remember, it says in the FAQ that you can't use caps. The reason: If you use caps, it will seem like you are screaming. Am I the only one who thinks is retarded? If i want to sream, I scream. If admins want to point something out, they use caps. Why can't we when we want to make something clear? As is said, admins do get the chance to SCREAM or say *beep*. I even notice sometimes that an admin just calls names at people. With no intention to be funny at all. An example: I asked how I could lower my ping and such. I suggested something like upgrade you RAM or something. The i get this reply: RAM is hardware-based, your ping isn't. You *beep*.

I mean, what's up with that? Are admins better than the average player?
I think yes. Look at the useless commands some admins have. only ment to annoy someone or irritate him. Also, admins and member vcan get away with a lot of shit. Like being drunk on the servers. WTF. Why be drunk on a computer game? Don't you friends in your real life? Do you think it's funny to game with someone drunk? I notice people posting pictures about how much alcohol they can handle. for example: After some camp the put all the beercans on table and say: Ye, I did that. it's not as though as you think. Getting wasted... But, most people just say they drink too to impress the admins. That's bullshit, because drinking shouldn't give you any respect whatsoever. I compare you (people who think it is though to drink) to dumb people. People who are always looking for a fight or people who think SMOKING IS COOL. Yes, you look that dumb.

Cheaters, everybody hates the, nobody wants them. That's clear. But what isn't clear is why the admins don't pay attention to people alarming. There were many times that I saw a cheater and PM'ed the admins. But what do they do? Nothing.. So I PM them again. STILL NOTHING! For Pete's sake, what is that all about, huh? It doesn't matter if they are spec or not, they just don't care to read a single PM.

Another tiny flaw--> Unban requests. It's really funny to see people break yet another rule and get way with it. You can't meddle in someone else his unban request. I think that is a fine rule. but it has it's downside. People who have information about him, are not allowed to say that IN the unban request. That is the rule. But in reality, you can post whatever you like in the unban request. You won't be punished for that. Only some smart guy tells you what has been said a thousand time before you: Stay out of the unban request if you have nothing to do with it. Dudes, prioritize! If you don't want someone to do something, punish him when he does. I foy don't punish the guy, just dlete that rule and let people say what they want.

I might have forgotten somethin else I wanted to say, but this post is getting damn long. I hope people will appreciate my effort to help the PS community. Don't take thins personal when it's not! That way, you might let the important part of my message slip away. And that would be a shame. I hope getting some positive reply's. And I know I have not been so active lately. But don't think I make stuff up or don't know what I'm saying. Although I'm not counting on positive reply's as I will piss some players and admins off. But I believe that is neccesary. If you are one that few that had the stamina to read through whole this: Thanks.

Greetings,
Kyuubi
"If you wish to kill me, hate me, detest me, and live a detestable life... Run, run and cling to life. And one day, when you have the same eyes as me, come before me." 

Spam King

Postby Scary » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:22

Listen now: ppl respect people who Respect rules and other stuff. For example i have no prob with any of ps members.... I dont know that they respect me but i respect em for sure. My pet died today so im not in mood to write some political crap atm.. But i totally disagree with :(

Scary

Veteran

Postby Buu » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:33

kinda spam but i read all adn hmm:

i dunno for me every player is same i don;t hate anyone and don;t talk to olny 1 person i think everybody need a second chance and olny people who rulebreak are on my blacklist but that shpudl be a ofc coz i;m an admin. About Big Rat this last kick was totaly no on purpose we know ratty is angry becouse we failed him in few cases but nobody in this community want to make him fell bad here(dunno where u get this idea)..Asslicking next all our last members played a lot, helped us in cathing cheaters they really deserve membership.About superpowerfull admins we made section report admin abuse if u think admin did sth wrong post,every Ps member is diffrent 1 will ban for 3 TK 1 will ban for 5 , new members r usually trying to keep server clean for all costs and do what HA tells them (what sometimes create a disaster) anyway most of them are doing great job.And freedom of speech u can say whatever u want but u have to obey law here too u must obey our rulebook which says no insult and swearing obeying law is making u mature and swearing and insulting another players..I personaly don;t like caps coz i see olny this meessage it disorent me during game and if rulebreak agree with me even better i think thats not v.heavy law to obey so i don;t know whats u prob..And last about cheater PS admin after getting a report that sb cheat must check that person and we do it ALWAYS! maybe after our checking if we don;t see any cheats we don;t pm back he was clear but we will check for sure its our duty.

thx that is my opinion not whole PS community (in case i type sth wrong) and sry for my bad english

Official Member

Re: constructive criticism/ inconsistent admining

Postby deep » Tue Apr 07, 2009 13:28

Kyuubi wrote:You create a better environment or the players you like , but not for the people you don't like as much.
havent noticed this.

Kyuubi wrote:If you are brainwashed/hypnotized, you won't see the flaws that other people see. You just overlook them or you don't even want to face them. People are afraid to say something about. They worry about their levels. I say, screw the whole level system. It takes the fun out of the game and makes people go SUPERASSLICKINGMODE.
true, and i agree that some commands r totally useless and provocative, but their still needed for administrating.

Kyuubi wrote:I see players with F0oking in their name. But you can't say *beep* in the mainchat. I think this is hilarious and straight up dumb at the same time.
yes, if someone says fock or other similar word, they should get mute right away, just like with correct form of the word automatically. same with name. if its inappropriate it should be changed.

Kyuubi wrote:Let people use the word *beep* or noob. If someone is, why deny people saying that word? If you feel hurt by such a word, you are just not ready to be a man. I do see you want to prevent such things, like players crying behind their computers. But let them grow up, throw them in the wild. The word *beep* can be relaxing after you get MULTI TK'ED by some random noob who thinks he so super awesome with his rifle nade.
first, saying this word is immature. and it has nothing to do with being ready to be a man, coz most playes here r kids. second, it is provocative. why call tk'er a noob? to provoke? just call an admin to handle things and dont start insulting, which is totally useless.

Kyuubi wrote:Oh yes, and caps. What a load of bullcrap. As I remember, it says in the FAQ that you can't use caps. The reason: If you use caps, it will seem like you are screaming. Am I the only one who thinks is retarded? If i want to sream, I scream. If admins want to point something out, they use caps. Why can't we when we want to make something clear? As is said, admins do get the chance to SCREAM or say *beep*.
i also dont see why this bothers u...

Kyuubi wrote:I notice people posting pictures about how much alcohol they can handle. for example: After some camp the put all the beercans on table and say: Ye, I did that. it's not as though as you think. Getting wasted... But, most people just say they drink too to impress the admins. That's bullshit, because drinking shouldn't give you any respect whatsoever.
and it doesnt give u any respect, its just for fun. same with frag movies: ppl who make those dont do it for respect, but to share fun with others.

Kyuubi wrote:Cheaters, everybody hates the, nobody wants them. That's clear. But what isn't clear is why the admins don't pay attention to people alarming. There were many times that I saw a cheater and PM'ed the admins. But what do they do? Nothing.. So I PM them again. STILL NOTHING! For Pete's sake, what is that all about, huh? It doesn't matter if they are spec or not, they just don't care to read a single PM.
maybe was afk? there r many ways to contact other admins if the closest one is afk or doesnt reply.

Kyuubi wrote:Another tiny flaw--> Unban requests. It's really funny to see people break yet another rule and get way with it. You can't meddle in someone else his unban request. I think that is a fine rule. but it has it's downside. People who have information about him, are not allowed to say that IN the unban request. That is the rule. But in reality, you can post whatever you like in the unban request. You won't be punished for that. Only some smart guy tells you what has been said a thousand time before you: Stay out of the unban request if you have nothing to do with it. Dudes, prioritize! If you don't want someone to do something, punish him when he does. I foy don't punish the guy, just dlete that rule and let people say what they want.
ppl who have useful info about unban request r allowed to post. this rule is imo perfectly fine.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Tue Apr 07, 2009 13:29

Ok, I'll start replying from my point of view:
Kyuubi wrote: Most of the time(recently) if someone complains, you'll get the reply: If you don't like it here, go play somewhere else.

It depends of what kind of complaining are you making and how you are making it. Saying "This server is shitty, full of lags... crap server and stuff like that", dosn't worth neither an answer. How members can have a mature conversation with people like them? If you don't appreciate and you want to improve something in the server, the best way is to make suggestions and not to complain in this way. You will only get pissed off answers like the one above.

Kyuubi wrote: I sense a lack of fun on the PS servers. I've seen many players joking around and not feeling welcome afterwards.

That's not simply the truth. Maybe you don't have ever played in PS 5.
And as always, you have to consider the proper way to do jokes. Being insolent or disrespectful isn't what i call "joking and being funny"

Kyuubi wrote: This has gone to a whole new level. I see bigrat being a (sort of) victim here of not being welcome.

BigRat has been in a couple of misunderstandings. You don't know the whole story, so don't get into it. He's still welcome

Kyuubi wrote: But the truth is that sometimes, you categorize people.

Yes I do. Players who respect rules and players who don't. The second "category" are not welcome in PS servers.

Kyuubi wrote:People who you simply dislike have a smaller chance of becoming a respected player. And if you are not respected or you feel like no one wants you here, you go or you start breaking some rules because you don't care anyway. rulebreaking is another thing, you will simply get banned as soon as possible. it doesn't matter if anyone has done it before and got away with it. You will be banned. This is outrageous.

Nope. This is stupid. To gain respect you have to being respectful first of all. If you start breaking rules beacuse you don't care, you're not smart, and if you don't care about it, it means that you don't care to play here anyway. So, the ban is totally deserved in this case.

Kyuubi wrote: I say, screw the whole level system. It takes the fun out of the game and makes people go SUPERASSLICKINGMODE.
Without levels, for most people fun will be in first place and not becoming a member.

Do you really think? From my point of view there will be always asslickers with any kind of system and also without. You cannot change people's attitude.

Kyuubi wrote: Back to my cousin, I told you about him coming here with a different point of view. I think that could be helpful to PS as he sees errors that admins/players wouldn't normally see. Take someone's advice! Don't think you are the best!

I/we don't think we are the best. As I told before, mature converastions and suggestions are always welcome. Childish complainings not.

kyuubi wrote:That last part is only aimed at some members. Most of them new ones. They think, because they get the membership, that they're great and better than the people who don't get a membership. They start freaking terrorizing the servers with their ego. Thinking they are awesome and praised by their 'minions''

Well, if you see someone acting like this, make a demo and post it on Report admin abuse section. Membership has been revoked to some members for rude behaviour as you can see.

Kyuubi wrote: you can't say *beep* in the mainchat. I think this is hilarious and straight up dumb at the same time. Let people use the word *beep* or noob. If someone is, why deny people saying that word? If you feel hurt by such a word, you are just not ready to be a man.

That's the point. If you need to say that kind of words to express yourself, sorry but you're the one not ready to be a man. Have you ever heard of mature discussions?? I'm not a child and i know who to relate with people, my english knowledge sometimes limits my thoughts, but I always try to be respectful.
And remember this is just a game, you don't need to start offending people because they did a mistake or because they're just not good as you. Take it easy. Maybe you can get really pissed off sometimes, but if you really smart you don't type such things in main chat. You can swear as much as you want in your room in front of your pc, remember this.

Kyuubi wrote: I do see you want to prevent such things, like players crying behind their computers. But let them grow up, throw them in the wild. The word *beep* can be relaxing after you get MULTI TK'ED by some random noob who thinks he so super awesome with his rifle nade.

Oh yes, I say *beep* in main chat and then i'll be relaxed. I don't think so.

Kyuubi wrote:But by letting people speak their minds, you also get the chance to see who is a good player and who is not by their reaction on certain things. Also, letting people say whatever the like, can result in a better environment. More humor could be better.

Oh yes, when you say*beep* to someone you make humour. Sorry but for me joking and expressing opinion is different. Totally.
You're free to say whatever you want, as much as you respect people. You are free to steal a car. But then you have to handle the consequences. Do you get the point??

Kyuubi wrote:Cheaters, everybody hates the, nobody wants them. That's clear. But what isn't clear is why the admins don't pay attention to people alarming. There were many times that I saw a cheater and PM'ed the admins. But what do they do? Nothing.. So I PM them again. STILL NOTHING! For Pete's sake, what is that all about, huh? It doesn't matter if they are spec or not, they just don't care to read a single PM.

Sometimes admin are afk. Furthermore you have to consider that before banning someone we have to be sure that he's cheating for real. Wallhack can be difficult to spot sometimes. So that's why we take demos and watch it using the proper commands. And then when we're really sure admins ban him. If you send a PM to us, don't expect and imeediate ban.

I might have forget something to say too. maybe i will edit my post later.

Flower

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Tue Apr 07, 2009 13:52

Euhm...
Well first of all, thank you kyuubi for your feedback, but i cant fully agree with you.
About freedom of speech, caps, etc. :
, you also get the chance to see who is a good player and who is not by their reaction on certain things.

I dont think that by saying curse words you show that your a good player...
I can understand that saying *beep* after getting tked for the 5th time in a row is satisfactionary, but saying curse words don't serve for anything else then insults/frustrational bursts. Its not like your going to say something interesting then... I dont think this should narrow your freedom of speech very much...
Its not that we are to lazy to write !mute, but why should we do it if the computer does it for us? As member, you still want to play from time to time...
About caps, its irritating to read, thats all. Why should you use it to say normal things? If its an important thing then caps can be allowed imo... Like for teams or so...
And if a member/admin calls you a retard, then take a screenshot and post it in our adminabuse topic. Without proves we cant do anything and we wont believe you as easy ;)

About asslicking/new members:
Those who talk more will get levels faster then those who are quite on the condition they are nice... Its normal. Those who help a member doing his job are showing their own administrating skills, those who just frag, dont. Asslickers are irritating for us too, but sometimes people just call other people asslickers just a bit to fast...
Being a new member aint so easy, you ve got suddenly much responsabilty and you've got to learn how to deal with it. If you show that you aint ready then you ll get revoked...

Cheaters:
Sometimes they are already speccing or discussing it with other members at the same time about him. We do our best kyuubi... Its not to ignore you in purpose they dont reply...

Well, this is a bit of my opinion about your post...
I can understand your frustration about things, everyone gots them from time to time. But most of your critics aren't about to change im afraid... Automute will keep on i think and the caps rule too...

If i said something stupid, well forgive me. I m belgian :P
Jé
Hrp
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Bronze Star

Postby Debaas » Tue Apr 07, 2009 16:36

Respect for you kyuubi and the effort you made to post your feelings and experiences!. Since i just started playing here i can't judge the fairness of the rules and the supervision by the admins.

Maybe it is better to take things al little less seriously? after all this is a online community and we don't need a set of rules like in the "real world"
Keep it simple please !

The majority pf people wil act different online because it is easy to shout at people without any consequenses, as long i get a few "thanks" after throwing Med kits and no TK / SK-ing there is enough fun on the servers for me!

Greetz

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Tue Apr 07, 2009 17:56

About incosistent admining:
If there are admins who are unable to take creative critic (from non-admin) its their own fault. I personally find myself open to listen if people need shuffle or someone needs a kick/mute.

Most of the time(recently) if someone complains, you'll get the reply: If you don't like it here, go play somewhere else.

Example please.

It seems to me that most of the members/admins are not admin-material.

There are no strict orders what to follow when taking care of rulebreakers,
cheaters or just annoying people. There are guide-lines, which people try to follow, but in the end its up to the admin/member what they do.

About asslicking: Do you find that if person becomes a member he must be asslicker? As you describe it like that it makes me feel like you do think so. We do choose our members to fit the exact adjectives you said, fun-having, admin-skilled and maturity + with loyality and other little things. And I dont know on which PS server you play, but as far as I have played on PS server, there has always been lots of fun (exclude riflenades)

I see bigrat being a (sort of) victim here of not being welcome. He used to be respected here, right?

To me he is ALWAYS welcome. I still don't understand what really happened and I feel sad that he left.

No cheaters, only fun people( from your point of view ) and the best servers. But the truth is that sometimes, you categorize people.

So would you let people who whine, swear, TK on purpose and just act in inmature/childish/idiotic way to play on your server? BEcause exactly those people RUIN_THE_FUN. Yes I admit I might categorize people to friends and fiends, but you know, it makes life bit easier to me.

People who you simply dislike have a smaller chance of becoming a respected player.

Hmm a controversy. You say people, who should become members, should be funny and mature, while criticizing that its harder for disliked people to become respected, who are usually exactly opposite.

But the people who are actually smart, are the people who find mistakes and say something about them.

"Teams are unfair"*20, "Damn noob Tker"*30 and so on, is this what you think smart way to find mistakes on our server, then I find your statement bit silly. If someone has something creative critic, he/she should post on forums. Id like to also point out, that if a person can only find bad sides but cant find anything good to replace it, which is actually possible, then why to point it out like 100? Its completely useless!

That last part is only aimed at some members. Most of them new ones. They think, because they get the membership, that they're great and better than the people who don't get a membership. They start freaking terrorizing the servers with their ego.

Terrorizing? In what way? Kicking innocent people? If so, then actions should be taken. !poison or !pip at the end of map is not in my eyes are nothing bad, but dunno if it annoys people then...

Also, letting people say whatever the like, can result in a better environment. More humor could be better.

Swearing is, in my opinion, the worst way of communication. I hardly ever use the F word or swear with my friends. I find it idiotic and brainkilling. We let people use fock or fag since these words take the real edge off from the real meaning, but ofc we mute if its used in insulting matter. If you get pwned by your teammates panzer, scream your swears behind the screen.

I dunno who said something like that to you, but 1) he was drunk 2) he hates you or 3) it was a joke, which you didnt get. Nevertheless, it was pretty childish thing to do and finding lots of these things should result as MEMBERSHIP REVOKATION.

About beer, I personally do not drink. But those who do probably like those who drink too and are also friends with each other. For some it would probably be like "Yey I solved Rubic's cube under 2 minutes" or "Yey I scored twice in the football match". In other words: There are different people in the world.

But what isn't clear is why the admins don't pay attention to people alarming.

Like said it is possible that admins are AFK. But it might also mean that person you think is a cheater just might be a good player. Usually admins do stop playing if someone says someone is a cheater (at least on PS#2), but I personally wont go to spec if someone PMs me that for example that "Samurai is a cheater"

I find your critic time to time pointless. However I read it and try my best to make you feel otherwise.

Server High Admin

Postby Miszczu » Tue Apr 07, 2009 17:59

Also, admins and member vcan get away with a lot of shit. Like being drunk on the servers. WTF.

Every player on our server can be drunken, on high, on pills, heroine and whatever u want. As far as u dont behave like a badass fool, it's all okay, no matter what u have u drunk, smoked or took. Dont get ur point here. U can have ur opinion about drinking alcohol or smoking weed, but what does it has with our servers? If u act properly, there isnt any problem. And yes, drunken or highed ppl can act properly. I did many times, know others who did too.

Flower nicely explain the rest. I generally think same.

Maybe one word about censore. Yes, it is kinda irritating as it is on forums, but unfortunatley not all, not even half of our players re mature enough to use "f" words. Calling some1 noob because he did some tks is not a mature way of acting.

More about the inconsisitent admining. It seems to me that most of the members/admins are not admin-material. It's a matter of who is the best asslicker to me. Asslicking will get you really far in this community, and I think that is a shame.

Actually, we re trying to choose ppl who have those admin skills. And I cant agree with u on this point as I look on list of ppl we invited in last year. Hard to say for others, but i cant imagine that admins who re resposnible for invites re caring more about some asslickers. For too long I know them that i would belive it. Of course U could find some members or admins who didnt show their potential but saying it happens so often is just untruth.

Take someone's advice! Don't think you are the best!

We dont? :o No, seriously, we re learning all time. We re not first ppl who created ET community and we know that there re always parts where we need to improve things. If u got a nice advise to us, we surely listen to it. But we wont listen some craps threw on server chat that its hell laggy, medics dont heal, rifles re for noobs and this map sucks. Thats not the point, dont U think?

First of all, I keep hearing more and more complaints about inconsistent admining. Don't take this personal, but the most of you can't handle criticism. I believe Evil has something to say about everything, and that annoys a lot of players. You see me calling names here. That's because i think it's neccesary for the PS community to realize some problems. Most of the time(recently) if someone complains, you'll get the reply: If you don't like it here, go play somewhere else. Another example of taking things personal. If you would see things a different way, most problems can be solved within the blink of an eye.

That's of course is not the way it should be done. Unfortunately, I rly dont know about what situations u re talking about. We got the forum when U can post ur requests and suggestions about our servers. But again, it must has some sens. Writing just for whining wont be here taking serious, but that also not a point.

And if you are not respected or you feel like no one wants you here, you go or you start breaking some rules because you don't care anyway. rulebreaking is another thing, you will simply get banned as soon as possible. it doesn't matter if anyone has done it before and got away with it. You will be banned. This is outrageous

As Flower has written already - breaking rules is not smart. In any way. Respect rules, and U re welcome here and also respected.

He notices these flaws, because he is an admin himself. Only in another game. He came to the PS severs with a totally different point of view.

Has he written in forums his suggestions? Has he contact some admins via PM? Or he just threw some sentence with anger that he dislike that, that, that and that and was disapointed no1 took it serious?

I would love hearing his suggestions if he got some wise ones. Tell him to write it on forum, we gonna see what he got to say with his point of view.

Reading this all, i got impression U picked up some not very good moments, some crap situations, and not considerating it U based on this ur opinion about whole community. That aint working like that. Cause, as U can see, U re not blame by ur topic. For sure such opinion is making to think about some things.
" Bite my metal shiny ass!!!"

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 18:54

Not much left for me after those replies above...I agree, especially with Flower and Golden.
So i'll make it short:

I believe Evil has something to say about everything, and that annoys a lot of players

Only one name You (Kyuubi) used is Evil. What kind of secret Evil know about? Waiting for his comment.

Most of the time(recently) if someone complains, you'll get the reply: If you don't like it here, go play somewhere else.

I admit, im telling something like that from time to time. If the newcomer starts to whining after 1 min how awful the server and admins are, he's free to find better place to play. Really don't see nothing difficult in this point. We are trying to do our best to improving quality at our servers and like Miszcz said we also learning something new ervery day. But the thing i wont accept is when someones goal is to come to server to whine without any recpect for people who spend THEIR time and money to make YOU (all players) a possibility to play and having fun! Im always open for criticism, but not for useless whining without any arguments. Just don't want to waste my time and nerves for people who really don't deserve it (not talking about You directly ofc, only example).

You should choose members based on admining skills, maturity and most of all. FUN{...}This is far from the truth, as you simply don't seem to care about the people who you think of as different/critising .

We are, that's one of the points why we putted current level system. Membership isn't so easy to get. Admin-skills, online-personality, time spended at our servers and loyality are only beginning the list of factors when we want to invite someone into PS. If somoen can't handle commands, jokes and different points of view he shouldt be an admin imo.

I see a lot of people leave the servers, just because of the fact that you favor some people

Leaving our servers or leaving the game? If the first it isn't the truth then. Simple as that.

You create a better environment or the players you like , but not for the people you don't like as much.

It can be true, coz we usually like the people who following the rules, and we don't like people who breaking them :loller:

People are afraid to say something about. They worry about their levels.

You r saying about bad members but You dont want to use any names or show us any form ewidences. So be an example Yourself and post it. If member abused his rights he also can be demoted, remember that. Theres no gods here.

I see bigrat being a (sort of) victim here of not being welcome. He used to be respected here, right? I guess not anymore. Like many other players, he felt betrayed by his community.

Like many others mean who exactly? Examples please.

I also don't know whole story with BigRat, but if something was between him and PS should stay between him and PS. I don't see any good reason why You digging for this, and why You want to be involve?

About unban request: It should stay between PS admins and banned person, eventually if someone 3th has good evidences like screenshot or demo. It's not a place to blame this person nor a place to interpretation by players who wasn't there. Ban request is a serious and official topic, no need there for any offtopic.

I'll be very honest now:
Last part of Your post about free speech, alcohol and caps its totally nonsense for me. :wink:
Chaos is the only true answer.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue Apr 07, 2009 19:20

Kyuubi wrote:I see bigrat being a (sort of) victim here of not being welcome.

I don't have anything against BigRat. In my eyes he is always welcome here. He is great guy.

Kyuubi wrote:You could say he just had to live with it. This is what most people probably think, because in their eyes it was his own fault.

I have to disagree in this.

Kyuubi wrote:You create a better environment or the players you like, but not for the people you don't like as much.

Personally I don't have anything against other people. And in my opinion everybody are welcome here expect cheaters and rule breakers.

Kyuubi wrote:I see a lot of people leave the servers, just because of the fact that you favor some people.

I haven't seen anything like this here, I think.

Kyuubi wrote:The other ones feel like they are not accepted

Maybe there is somebody who feel like this but I haven't noticed anybody yet.

Kyuubi wrote:People who you simply dislike have a smaller chance of becoming a respected player.

I respect people as they are but rule breakers and cheaters... I don't still like them.

Kyuubi wrote:I say, screw the whole level system. It takes the fun out of the game and makes people go SUPERASSLICKINGMODE.

Could you tell what is this superasslickingmode? What is it exactly ?

Kyuubi wrote:I think that could be helpful to PS as he sees errors that admins/players wouldn't normally see. Take someone's advice! Don't think you are the best!

What kind of errors do you mean? And myself I watch what people send me in PM but if I'm AFK.

Kyuubi wrote:They think, because they get the membership, that they're great and better than the people who don't get a membership.

I don't think that members are going to be like Elvis if they are members. They are like as same as regulars. Myself I haven't seen anything like this.

Kyuubi wrote:But you can't say *beep* in the mainchat. I think this is hilarious and straight up dumb at the same time.

I don't like to see any swear in mainchat like myself I use sometimes when I get pissed off about medics. I know its bad thing and I never swear so badly.

Kyuubi wrote:Let people use the word *beep* or noob.

Like I said I don't like swearing like I did myself 1 time and... I don't like that word noob. Its insulting and I don't like insulting.

Kyuubi wrote:The word *beep* can be relaxing after you get MULTI TK'ED by some random noob who thinks he so super awesome with his rifle nade.

I don't think its so relaxing. If everybody get TKed and say that *beep* word or what *beep* word it ever is... they all get auto muted. I don't see any sense in this.

Kyuubi wrote:Sometimes I think you are simply too lazy to press those keyboard buttons.

*priiiing*, Wrong answer. In my case I'm just so slow to type.

Kyuubi wrote:Also, letting people say whatever the like, can result in a better environment.

Not always.

Kyuubi wrote:But, most people just say they drink too to impress the admins. That's bullshit, because drinking shouldn't give you any respect whatsoever.

I haven't seen anything like that. Anyway... I don't drink... Alcohol is from somewhere... I don't want to say it . I just don't like it. Anyway I don't think that admins respect more players if they drink alcohol.

Kyuubi wrote:But what isn't clear is why the admins don't pay attention to people alarming.

Maybe they are AFK. Did you think about that? Or then ask via Xfire most of the time there is someone who can ban cheater.

Cya, Saukko.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam Pro

Postby Siamat » Tue Apr 07, 2009 19:33

Diamond wrote:
Kyuubi wrote:Let people use the word *beep* or noob. If someone is, why deny people saying that word? If you feel hurt by such a word, you are just not ready to be a man. I do see you want to prevent such things, like players crying behind their computers. But let them grow up, throw them in the wild. The word *beep* can be relaxing after you get MULTI TK'ED by some random noob who thinks he so super awesome with his rifle nade.
first, saying this word is immature. and it has nothing to do with being ready to be a man, coz most playes here r kids. second, it is provocative. why call tk'er a noob? to provoke?... just call an admin to handle things and dont start insulting, which is totally useless.

Well... Noob isnt an insult. If you say noob to a TK'er i see it as a way to let him know he is acting very stupid and dumb in a nice way. I always found it rediculous that the word noob got censored... Very noobish(dumb) in my opinion.

Diamond wrote:...just call an admin to handle things and dont start insulting, which is totally useless.

Yesterday i was in PS#1, some guy named ALAIN teambleeded me to 4 HP because he was stuck in the wall... He TK'ed someone else instead of me because i ran away from him. I reported this to all the PS member and absolutely NO response. They just ignored me.

Veteran

Postby thomthom » Tue Apr 07, 2009 21:22

when you need me call me ;)

iam still around...

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Apr 07, 2009 22:24

Amnesia wrote:Well... Noob isnt an insult. If you say noob to a TK'er i see it as a way to let him know he is acting very stupid and dumb in a nice way. I always found it rediculous that the word noob got censored... Very noobish(dumb) in my opinion.

so if someone calls u noobish/dumb it isnt an insult? lol its ur words...
also u cant call someone stupid and dumb in a nice way with a word noob thats just ridiculous.
i know that noob comes from newb -> new player, which is ok, but now ppl use it to insult.

Amnesia wrote:I reported this to all the PS member and absolutely NO response. They just ignored me.
did u report only to members who were at the server?

Spam God

Postby nick » Tue Apr 07, 2009 22:54

Amnesia wrote:
Diamond wrote:
first, saying this word is immature. and it has nothing to do with being ready to be a man, coz most playes here r kids. second, it is provocative. why call tk'er a noob? to provoke?... just call an admin to handle things and dont start insulting, which is totally useless.

Well... Noob isnt an insult. If you say noob to a TK'er i see it as a way to let him know he is acting very stupid and dumb in a nice way. I always found it rediculous that the word noob got censored... Very noobish(dumb) in my opinion.

Diamond wrote:...just call an admin to handle things and dont start insulting, which is totally useless.

Yesterday i was in PS#1, some guy named ALAIN teambleeded me to 4 HP because he was stuck in the wall... He TK'ed someone else instead of me because i ran away from him. I reported this to all the PS member and absolutely NO response. They just ignored me.

admins have to see things for themselves, because they cant punish ppl when they havnt seen what they did. if this guy did it only once to try and get out of the wall (and failed miserably), then there will be no admin who kicks him for you. usually admins only react whenever someone does multiple tk's in a row. otherwise half the server will be empty...

and for the rest, i really dont agree with you kyuubi.

there is a difference between asslicking, and having nice conversations together and thus having fun.

and for the rest i really dont get ur point. could you please summarize it for me / us? and then it would be best to point out clearly what you would like to change, so the admins and the players can speak their minds about it.

Official Member

Postby Evil » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:18

hello there then kyuubi,

first of all thnx to adding my wonderfull name here in your post sence.
but lets start my point of view okay?

U Wrote

kyuubi wrote:First of all, I keep hearing more and more complaints about inconsistent admining. Don't take this personal, but the most of you can't handle criticism. I believe Evil has something to say about everything, and that annoys a lot of players. You see me calling names here. That's because i think it's neccesary for the PS community to realize some problems

Names is still a couple or a group of people if u only point this at me u should edit this post and type it to a single person like yes i call an name ;)

anywayz however my name is called here about the word criticism i dont even get your point what u try to reach it,
cause iam to strong fed up fast? well ill explain abit now over my point of view, first of all ps1 is 1 of the most growing server of ps and that means alot of rulebreaking aswell,
gohz dude u should see my demo folder how many mb ive got record of ppl i rly didnt warn punishment or public it to High admin. thats step 1.
and step2 is that if i see just in my own eyes a group (same ppl) rulebreaking continue and i mean also the hard regulars i even dont feel like to give them an extra warning then a open public warn with next spawnkillers or spawncampers get a kick
ifs for me fair enough that this up warn goes to everyone one and iam harse in that after my word its just straight kick as result as it should be after a mayor group of rulebreaking.
(besize if u noticed i had my own clan and now an own community) so i rly feel a pain in admin's ass and i think thats 1 of the main problem with this players on ps1 that they just dislike me u know rules are rules and i wont skipp them in any ways even a player do that its still my job to warn them.

kyuubi wrote:More about the inconsisitent admining. It seems to me that most of the members/admins are not admin-material. It's a matter of who is the best asslicker to me. Asslicking will get you really far in this community

if thats true then i think iam blind, but however u say i call names i would love to hear those ;) that u might think who asslick to get power;)

kyuubi wrote:This has gone to a whole new level. I see bigrat being a (sort of) victim here of not being welcome. He used to be respected here, right? I guess not anymore. Like many other players, he felt betrayed by his community. You could say he just had to live with it. This is what most people probably think,

like many other ppl say they just are mistake and those things happend even if an member or an admin with a power of !kick cmds can make a mistep like console space !kick it only works if u do T and then spaces.
ive made this mistake once and iam learn from it (ofc i say srry when he rejoin) but in a way iam agree, u should beter leave those !kick or !ban jokes out even the mutes. cause u might can hurth some ppl like bigrat indeed.

kyuubi wrote:That last part is only aimed at some members. Most of them new ones. They think, because they get the membership, that they're great and better than the people who don't get a membership. They start freaking terrorizing the servers with their ego. Thinking they are awesome and praised by their 'minions''. But that's not true. People *beep* hate other people for doing that. And i don't blame them.

well its easy to shout out the new ones, well ive no furter comment on this point but i would love to see your job ongoing as an member or admin here on server and we would have a new chat about this point again shall we ? understand NEW ppl are new they also need to learn what they can do or what they cant. and when to mute when to kick,
its not like u might think hey i become admin so this is how i must handle.
WRONG!

[quote"kyuubi"]as I will piss some players and admins off. But I believe that is neccesary. If you are one that few that had the stamina to read through whole this: Thanks.[/quote]
rofl not true, iam calm relax and fun to see u use only my name ^^
but thnx.

Spam Pro

Postby Siamat » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:41

I am dont confirm Kyuubi hes message about asslicking but i do see all PS members on 1 server if the owner is online. Like for example when sebbel is online i see a lot of -|PS|- members online. But when he is gone they all suddenly leave back to PS#1 because BoWDoWN is online there.

I dont blame them of asslicking but i do think they are always around the server owners hoping they get a level closer to 20.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:27

Amnesia wrote:I am dont confirm Kyuubi hes message about asslicking but i do see all PS members on 1 server if the owner is online. Like for example when sebbel is online i see a lot of -|PS|- members online. But when he is gone they all suddenly leave back to PS#1 because BoWDoWN is online there.

I dont blame them of asslicking but i do think they are always around the server owners hoping they get a level closer to 20.

Maybe you don't know that all high admins can give levels. And there're HA in almost all servers all the time (with tag and without :wink: ) so you're assessment is totally wrong. We asslick also Viduus, Daghel, Golden, and also others to gain levels, you know, we asslick the whole community each other :loller: :stupid:

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:48

Complaining about asslickers is in my opinion even more worse than asslicking yourself... :roll: Does it make someone feel better except yourself? People wont change....
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Veteran

Postby Millenium » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:57

Ahhhh again an other non ending topic about it :)
Thanks Kyuubi for noticing some points, we'are always carefull with players requests.

1) inconsistent admining : Yes we're all differents but we stick to our beloved rulebook...thats all.

2) Asslicking : You can consider some way to act as an ass licking action, thats exactly why to avoid that sort of problem, we, as HA, vote for members or admins.

3) becoming member :
Take someone's advice! Don't think you are the best!
I just return you the advice...discussed a million times, the lvls system is maybe not the best but for what i see its the less bad one. Or at least you should have a better solution, dont you ?

4) caps : i notice your view, dont you notice its the same way to consider caps for every wild wild web chat, forum, or any other social networking place ?

5) bullshit words : not comment, i hope you understand why, thats just not a correct way to speak or write.

6) Drink or smoke : :lol: Yeah as a social networking place ppl are talking about their lives and even if you're not agree i dont really see why its disturbing you.

7) about pm to admins : the most important point i think...discussed millions times too. We're not bots, we've got a life and you can imagine we cant see all what is happening. You would like we begin to punish someone just when we receive a pm about him ? You cant even imagine how many mad pm i get about one or an other player when beeing online. We need in all cases to make our proper view, that can take time...Most of good players were accused of cheat, would you like i ban every of those guys just because i received a PM ?
I understand that can be non pleasant to wait but thats just life and i see you overreacting when telling we're not considering pms from players, thats simply not true.

We always appreciate feedbacks.
I've got one too, be tolerant and dont forget its just a game :)

Spam Lord

Postby RiCkY » Wed Apr 08, 2009 13:14

Just try to ask things nice to The Member/Admin and to make my point clear so they dont have to do like ''what u mean?''

and for exemple:
when u send them :''THERE IS A TK ON PS#1!!!''. i dont think they will reply on this ( at least i dont :) ).

but when u just type :''Hey, there is a Teamkiller on PS#1, can u warn/kick him, his name is (insert name here)'' the admin will reply ( i'll do that )
even at the Server or via Xfire or anything instead of just shouting it on the ''All Chat'' online.

And ofcourse They can be AFK or whatever just /m -|PS|- and 1 of them is online i am sure of it ;)

my 2 cents €€
A good conversation is like a skirt,
short enough to keep your interest,
yet long enough to cover the subject.
- Zelos Wilder, Tales of Symphonia

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Wed Apr 08, 2009 13:17

Code: Select all
· How can I become a -|PS|- Member?
Membership is only possible through an invitation!

When we invite someone to our community there are many factors which play a role in the invitation process. Some of the factors we take in mind;

· Respect our Server and Forum rules at all time - read our Rulebook
· Show us some skills and/or your passion for the game
· Respect our admins, members and players at all time and try to help where possible
· Always behave in a mature way - don′t whine, don′t insult, don′t curse
· Register at our Forums - www.prime-squadron.com

Wearing the -|PS|- tag without our authorization is forbidden, check our Rulebook for more information.

for me GOLD/CLEAR RULEZ !!!

i think for rest 99,9% players to, not only by join membership
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Spam God

Postby -Gighen- » Wed Apr 08, 2009 14:06

Debaas wrote:Respect for you kyuubi and the effort you made to post your feelings and experiences!

ya you have all my respect kyu, too...

anyway i think that maybe there are some truth in the words of kyu.....
often the admin don't aswer to the player, ignore they and don't punished rulebreakers coz they often don't do attenction to the report of the players..

and.... last things....
i play in the PS 5 too, not only in ps 1...
and in PS 5 i have a lot of fun because the word noob isn't forbidden...
damn... maybe is forbidden, but in PS 5 the PS members do less attenction to this word becouse we ( the players ) used that word for joke, for fun vs our!! :lol: :lol:
in PS 5 that day, i saw the word noob... maybe 20 times in main chat?? :lol: :lol:
but because for uor that word was a joke!!!! it was very funny!!!

not always the word noob is an insult....imo it must be valutated by case to case....
:roll:

tnx :) :)
-Gighen-

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:21

-Gighen- wrote:... PS 5 i have a lot of fun because the word noob isn't forbidden...

Pretty amazing :wink:

I will just give my word about the use of "noob" (more globaly some censored words in our servers) and "asslicking" ,then stay out of this topic since i m agree with all points already given bt my mates.

"noob" is not a so bad word and we are all agree with it, but it s the part of those words wich can have different meaning and interpretation by players. I can accept it to be used by players who know each others and are enough mature to handle jokes but unfortunatly we are far away from this. The only reason we can t and don t want allow the use of this words is the lack of maturity of our players. Let people to say what they want and it will just casue troubles, misunderstanding, insults and a big mess simply cause some are not able to handle jokes and make a difference between fun and no fun thinks and how to use words it in the right way. So, it s pity to have such a restrictions but it s the best way we found to avoid problems and never ending complaints and crap stories between players. It would be nice to have less restrictions and rules and believe me it would be a dream for all of our admins to have more time to play instead of acting like cops but it s just an utopia since it will alwayz be some to push the limit :wink: .

About asslicking, i wont begin argunig with you, you are free to have your opinion about, but will simply say that if you want to waste your chances to be a part of this community, you can t do better that acting like an asslicker. Admins are not stupid and we easily can make a difference between asslikcers and true friends, it s also one of the main reason of invitations rejection, our "Invitation topic" in high admin forum is full of exemples :wink: . I can understand some of you to be frustrated when you see others become members when you are still waiting for, but no need to be paranoide. You need a mjority of HA votes to enter PS, so it can be possible to dupe an admin or members acting like a fake friend or asslicker but hardly the whole HAs. Once again, our invitation policy is far away from some of your prejudices.

And to close it, no one is perefect and certainly not PS admins but at least we try our best, we will accept and take all your opinions when they ar objective and will help the whole community to progress but don t be surprised to recieve any answer when you just resume it to :"PS admins don t care about players".

Return to Enemy Territory Talk