His Majesty sends Greetings!

Let us know who you are and what you like
Spam Noob

His Majesty sends Greetings!

Postby Bothe » Tue Jan 14, 2014 16:34

Hello Folks!

[unfortunately I've been given a wrong spelled mail adress when I signed up so I was forced to refrain from using my primary nick 'THE_EMPEROR' and to switch over to my old one instead. So, if someone's able to see my registration on THE_EMPEROR - do me a favor and delete that one and rename my account here, thank you in advance.]

First off all I gonna use your introduction template:

Nickname: THE_EMPEROR | Bothe
Your age: 22
Country you live in: Germany
Hobby's/Interests: Science, Computers, ET(Obivously. :b)
Pets: 2 Budgies :3

Fav. Game(s): ET, Hearts of Iron II, Medieval Total War II, Thief I - III (And hopefully IV soonish!)
Fav. music band(s): -
Fav. movie(s): STAR WARS(!)
Fav. anime movie(s)/cartoon(s): Dragonball | Z | GT
Fav. TV channel(s): N24, PRO7
Life dream: Being immortal :P
What you like: Loud music, playing ET, meeting friends, drinking alcohol. :b
What you don't like: Double Clanners(:3), people who are always sad or in general bad mood, waking up too early

PC info: 3 yo Laptop, dont know exactly now, not posting from home. :b

Player history in Enemy Territory (ET): Started to play ET back in year 2007 @ the Green Mile NQ Server, became 2nd man in state with time, ruined everything with my 'rules are made to be followed instead of being broken!' - doctrine, joined H20 afterwards, became a very high deer over there with a less strict set of rules, left to let my frustration about rule breakers come down, quit to play ET at all and paused for a few years, came back this late autumn, founded the Lemon.| - Clan, met the old Leader of the Green Mile Clan again, decided to rename the Lemon.| - Clan back to -=[G*M]=- and kept it up so far, managed to get to Global Rank 39 on Gametracker so far, getting better and better everyday.

Fav. ET class/weapon(s): NQ: Soldier / Venom N!tmod: Medic / MP40

Fav. ET map(s): AXISLAB FINAL

----------------------

The main Thing that brings me here:

Hello everyone. :3
I've recently checked the trackbase.net real time ranking and saw you on rank 30, near to my own Server. Your server name looked friendly in some way I cannot describe, that is why I decided to sign up here and check out your set of rules, your history and so on. From all I've been reading, I can say - your clan must have an impressive history behind it and I'm sure you all can be proud of what you've achived.

The only thing I want to add at this point - do not be so harsh. Times of ET are almost over and we should ENJOY the rest of it, instead of blasting everything in our way with an Nuke like set of rules. Listen, I've done this myself. Green Mile was, when I joined a much populated Server and had many players on it everyday. Ofcourse, it was back then when ET was still almost 'actual' but meh. With me permanently crouching into the a** of higher ranking people by enforcing the rules 100%, we've lost many players and even members back then. With other words, I've tried it the other way this time by just adding 'guidelines' to my server instead of rules. The times of hordes of players are over. There is no "Well, then ban or kick the sk'ing guy, 2 others will take his or her place instead soonish" anymore. I dont want to tell you all whats wrong and / or right, you know that even better than me, but just think about it. On my server, we've also got discussions. And also trouble. But we do not kick or even ban people so easily. One got wallhack - kick. He comes back with it - kick. He comes back without it - fine. Thats just it. Or another example. We've only got an ANTI - HW - SK guideline. Meaning that, as many eastern and western people appear to not be able to speak english, players just get a !splat if they overdo it toooo many times. And it works that way. There are just not sooo many players left for the game to play king on the hill with them.

Its just a suggestion so you can do what you want with my hint. :)
I'll be checking in from time to time to see if someone replied.
You might also want to send me a pm on my own clan board or maybe we can arrange a partnership between clans to support each other with ideas or suggestions and so on. I'd be far more then happy about that, as our last partner "WET4ALL" appears to be more of a dictatorship then you know what Reich was.

Official Member

Re: His Majesty sends Greetings!

Postby SpyCow » Tue Jan 14, 2014 17:14

One long introduction! 8O
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Tue Jan 14, 2014 17:53

Welcome to the forums Emperor!

About your warning:

We (Prime-Squadron) also notice the number of players, as well as on our own server(s) as on others, has shrunken drastically.
As far as I remember, back in the joyful days where we owned 5 a 6 servers, our policy used to be way more strict than it already is.
Even though we all prefer swinging our virtual ban-hammer, we have agreed on a more flexible policy.

The era of 'Admin-reign' has dissapeared and it's more about treating your players as customers (because you want them to come back).
Of course, your concern is appreciated, but I personally believe Prime-Squadron fulfills its responsibility very well currently.

Examplified, the number of unban requests has reduced to zilch, simply because we rarely permanently ban for anything besides cheating.

One last mention, you justly point out the language barriere problem, though, personal communication always remains the best way to resolve the problem. I think we are very lucky to have a multilingual server, hence it grands us possibilities to solve problems in a friendlier way than just punishments.

Again welcome and thanks for your concern/advice.

Your Majesty,
Davies
ImageImage
ImageImage

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 17:08

Huhu, welcome.
Nice introduction.

Just a small correction: we are not a clan but community. :wink:

Maybe You think we are harsh, when you look at our rulebook, but i think most of our regular players are used to it. So we are not gonna change it. We are more flexible nowadays indeed, we do not ban/kick players easily. Personally i think it's better to 'remove' player who can't play with our rules, can't behave, than letting him play. We would have one more new player, but eventually loose others then - new guy who's doing massive tk/sk/whatever just ruins the fun of others.

Oh, and we have a bot with a name -|THE|-Emperor.

As far as I remember, back in the joyful days where we owned 5 a 6 servers

Back in the joyful days we owned 8.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 19:47

I would say that our playerbase is almost stagnant. How many new people are coming? 2-3 per month? 90% of people are long-time regulars, many quitted already, some come back. So if server mostly consists of regulars thay are used to the rules. If someone's been here for 5 years, it means that he is ok with the rules.
Of course, a new player may think 'rules too strict, why can't I panzernoob the flag?' and so he leaves. But on the other hand, if HW at flag was allowed, another player may say 'this is so stupid, I can't leave resp, cause some wanker blast me with bazooka' and leave for that reason. So the balance is even. Also all SKers, TKers and cheaters are banned after they repeat their 'crime' few times, and it is fine. How often people get ban nowadays? 1 per month?
To summarize, I think the flow of players between servers is minor nowadays, so it doesn't really matter if one or two guys say 'screw PS, can't SK' and don't stay here. 90% of players are long-time regulars and rules are fit for them. And even if only, let's say, 1 person joins in certain month and is ok with the rules, this person is highly likely to stay for a long time (become regular) and help keep stable playerbase.
Time may come, that most of our regulars will just stop playing and I think it would be also the end of PS, cause with current amount of ET players it would be impossible to refill the server anyway.

Spam Noob

Postby Bothe » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18

Oh I would not say impossible to refill.
Besides the fact that around 5 old members and additional to them around 5 old players of the Green Mile Clan came back when I reopenend it, many new players are visiting us everyday. One or two are always making trouble, which results in the player getting a slap or a minute of disoriented mode or a splat everytime he does something wrong until he understands what he is doing wrong, even when not speaking english. But the majority enjoys the way we use to handle things (e.g. guidelines instead of iron rules, ...).

But anyways, it was just a suggestion as in my point of view, there is enough players left to kick you know what part of the body and to get 40 ppl online in the evening at least.

However, the partnership offer still stands. c:

Return to Introduce Yourself