a Cry out

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Spam Noob

a Cry out

Postby Disciple » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:30

After i took a break from the game for a year or 2/3 i tried to make a comeback last night. I was used to there being a lot of sites with helpfull information , active communities and whatnot. I got the game to work . every server i end up in seems crowded with these Bots= no idea..Building a cfg etc... Etpro button ingame does simply nothing. When i join a server nothing but these crappy mods maps and annoying extras i don´t need.

Long story short , i really could use some help here :)

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:18

But, for what you need help? configs settings or... ?
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Spam Noob

Postby Disciple » Sat Jun 05, 2010 23:39

Samuraii wrote:But, for what you need help? configs settings or... ?

Sorry i wasn't very clear perhaps :)
What i want is a fresh clean install of Enemy territory with EtPro mod and well play on etpro servers.
Without having to download all kinds of maps ,mods , that will just clutter up my game and ruin it's performance. Right now the game is in an awfull state with various weird mods with lots of *crap* in it , not to mention the bots ? and not real players.
I hope i am a little bit more clear this time :)

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Sun Jun 06, 2010 0:53

Ok, if I understand you then you want the following:

1. (Remove ET)
2. Install ET
3. Install ETpro only
4. Play only ETpro without bots?

You still got ET from the years ago u quitted?

All the maps you download is because of connecting to a server where that map is in the campaign. Mods like: Noquarter / Jaymod / Etpub etc. you download also when connecting to a server running that mod.

What to do if my guess was right :P

- Deinstall ET, remove the map "C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein Enemy Territory" or where you installed the game.

- Download + Install the 2.55 (or the standard game) from the 'downloads' in the menu of this site at the left side.

- Download + Install 2.60 patch
- Download + Install 2.60b patch (download the ET and ETDED and overwrite the ones that are in "C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory"
- Download + Install Etpro mod 3.2.6 (also shown in the 'download' section) and place it in C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

- Start the game, click on mods in main menu and load Etpro, select at the filter to show only etpro, and voila, a list of etpro servers , but you will download new maps to play them on a server.

You ment something like this ? :P, else I don't know,

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:12

If you are using Windows 7 download ET ultimate installer from here: http://www.rtcwmap.de/index.php?option= ... fo&id=1770

My instructions:

1) Uninstall your ET
2) Make sure you have nothing inside your ET folder (REMEMBER! save your etkey)
3) Install your ET with ET Ultimate Installer.

And that's it.

With ET Ultimate you can choose which mods you want to download and what kind of etconfig.cfg you want. ET Ultimate installer has 2.60b patch already so it's really useful.

Over and out.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam Noob

Postby Disciple » Sun Jun 06, 2010 14:55

Thank you for your quick and great explanations :)
I followed all the steps , but when i click the etpro button ingame , nothing happens.
Most likely due to a mistake from myself , nonetheless after an hour at least trying to see what i did wrong i give up :(
i set the +set fs_game etpro extension also at the target , but to no avail i'm afraid
(dare i ask for another question?)
It's about adding my own .cfg to the game. Do i replace the autoexec.cfg one or just make my own and put it in the etpro cfg folder and just execute it when i start the game ? (should i get etpro to work that is)

'feel really stupid at this point , that's what playing world of warrcaft does to ones brains i'm afraid , they just melt!

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 17:12

you can make your own cfg, check around the Techzone for some free examples :)

Paste it in ETMain, etmain/profiles, etpro, and etpro/profiles and it should surely be detected ^^
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Spam Noob

Postby Disciple » Sun Jun 06, 2010 23:04

thank you icecreamy:)
really want to thank evryone that's gone out of their way and helped me with tips and support , really appreciate it :)

when i click the windows batchbestand 260b- i notice that it keeps saying access not granted (toegant geweigerd) No idea why it would do that :(

Tired doing it as administrator and then it says :

reading et.exe....
can't c:\windows\system32\et.exe find it , same goes for etded.exe , etmain\mp_bin.pk3 .. well that leaves me clueless why not i'm afraid :(

tried a complete reinstall following all the steps . downloaded a *complete* et and te patches files . it still won't do a damn thing .. etpro that is.
And i really want it and try to be competitive and have all the right stuff :)

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:02

you overwrited the ET.exe and ETDED.exe in the installation folder with the 2.60b patch?

(2.60b patch includes a new ET.exe and ETDED.exe).
Copy them and overwrite the ones that are in *driver u installed ET on*/Program Files/Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

Maybe download winrar and open it with winrar, and extract the ET.exe and ETDED.exe to -> *driver u installed ET on*/Program Files/Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

U ran it as administrator?

Spam Noob

Postby Disciple » Mon Jun 07, 2010 14:40

yeah i did that also . downloaded the 2.60b , copied and replaced the et and etded
(not with winrar) Running the game as administrator aswell.
Evrything goes fine besides that , got my own .cfg now wich works good. it's only the etpro mod that doesnt do a thing. no error messages or such just i click the button and that's it nothing happens. Somewhere along the way i must be missing something altho , i am 99% sure i follow all the steps correctly. the game does chooses the program files (x86) directory to save itself in . not sure if that might be an issue

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:19

did you update pb :roll:
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Spam Noob

Postby Disciple » Mon Jun 07, 2010 23:26

yes just did . i couldnt do it with the pb web file that was in the game but
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php downloaded it from there , there it got the updates succesfully :)
but etpro won't budge an inch

tomorrow i will remove evrything again andreinstall evrything manually etc etc and see if it works then

Return to ET Help Desk