2 players, 1 ip, cant connect both to same server

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Server High Admin

2 players, 1 ip, cant connect both to same server

Postby Smadje » Mon Oct 26, 2009 0:08

Hey guys,

Me and my brother [Henk]Eggglaf got a little problem.

We share same internet in our house, and in some way we cant connect to the same server. A bit sad, since i want to be there for playing and being there for players. Same for my bro.

Anyone a suggestion or a program so we can play at the same time on for example PS#1?

Thanx in advance.

Smadje

(When you need more information for a solution, just ask)
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Mon Oct 26, 2009 0:20

as serverowner u got the possibility to set a amount of maximum client's with the same ip, which are allowed to join.

at PS #2 it's setted set ip_max_clients 2, so there shouldn't be a problem for both of u or did u had these troubles also at PS #2?
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Oct 26, 2009 0:46

First, thank you for fast reply.

We just tried, he got frozen screen with connection interupted, so its not possible. Problem apparently seems to come from our side, not from server settings.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:16

np, hm ye guess then the problem is not on the server side, but on the client side.

u got to set u and ur brother a different ip, which ends with a other number. i'm not that much into router settings, but i can open my router setup over the following url: http://192.168.2.1. and also set there different ip's for my computers i got on my lan. might the same url works for u, else u got to find out over which url u can join your router setup (have a look at the router manual f.e.) and set 2 different ip's to your computers.

f.e.

it looks not that hard to set it for me, but i guess it depends on the router / software as well.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:35

My brother(eglaf in game) says:

we've a router which is connected to one adsl-line and a other line through a coax-cable (TV-cable) and behind the router some switches. We live together in a house with somelike 50 people and everyone got a different internal IP. my bro and me are connected to the same switch.

Smadje:

I only get the half off this conversation. Someone knows a solution :)?
quoting deep:

Return to ET Help Desk