Install ET

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Talented Spammer

Install ET

Postby leoo250 » Mon May 07, 2007 21:31

I have some question....ok not me but my friend, but he hasn't got account there. He wanted ET from me, buy be is Total N00b. When i gave him install file of ET he couldn't install it... :?

Ok. NVM. Thw question is: I decided to copy all ET files to CD and give it to him, but in my ET folder I have my dear ET KEY. So can I copy all ET files without copying ET KEY?? I know that it is needed to load my saved XP...
But if I give my firend ET files without ET KEY can he play normal??

Thanks from advice.
Known as <u><strong>Formel</strong></u> (Forme!) >>See ya on PS#<strong>5 </strong>:)<<<br /><br />Remember! You don\'t play for XP/levels, you play for <u><strong>FUN</strong></u>!<br />

Spam Pro

Postby Frodo » Mon May 07, 2007 21:35

Well if you delete ETKEY, ET make it for itself so you can delete ETKEY without any trouble in the future.

Veteran

Postby Nemesis » Mon May 07, 2007 21:46

when you connect to any PB server, PB creates etkey automaticly.

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Mon May 07, 2007 21:59

With or without ET key it wouldnt work anyway...
When you copy your ET folder you havent got anything, there is a reason why you have to install programs/games,
they need to add all kinds of stuff (keys, parameters, etc. etc.) into the windows register.

Why dont you go over to your friend and install the game for him on his pc... :roll:
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Talented Spammer

Postby leoo250 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:16

Ok Thx for all :D I just wanted to know.

Warren: I asked him about it, but he didn't want me to install it on his computer :)
Known as <u><strong>Formel</strong></u> (Forme!) >>See ya on PS#<strong>5 </strong>:)<<<br /><br />Remember! You don\'t play for XP/levels, you play for <u><strong>FUN</strong></u>!<br />

Veteran

Postby Nemesis » Tue May 08, 2007 10:32

warren-the-ape wrote:With or without ET key it wouldnt work anyway...
When you copy your ET folder you havent got anything, there is a reason why you have to install programs/games,
they need to add all kinds of stuff (keys, parameters, etc. etc.) into the windows register.
I formated participation where are my windows few times, and in other was ET. After installing windows again ET was working even better :P :mrgreen:

Return to ET Help Desk