New ISP Sucks ¬¬

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Veteran

New ISP Sucks ¬¬

Postby Ferocious » Wed May 02, 2007 22:05

I Have a new ISP, 8MB ADSL from Skybroad Band It is totally rubbish!!. with my last ISP i had 30-40 Ping, now i have 90-300 even sometimes higher!! :evil: i tried tweaking with snaps, timenudge and maxpackets im just getting non where! doesnt seem to make any difference, i even opened up ports 27960 on McAfee Firewall and on the router! i'm so angry becuasde i cant play properly now. but its strange because when there is 10 vs 10 or less my ping is alot lower and more stable... Hmm looks like theres nothing i can do right now :( just cant wait to move out.
Last edited by Ferocious on Thu May 03, 2007 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Postby addshore » Thu May 03, 2007 8:27

Lol

Bad luck bio. Just go moan at your isp and see what they say :D

Veteran

Postby Invincible » Tue May 08, 2007 12:40

The most likely thing is that the problem is with your isps connections to the connection path or whatever you can call it and ask them to improve their network...

ping the server(-s) with ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xx -n 50 and check for package losses, report them to your isps customers service
and do a tracert to the server(-s) ip and report and send them to your isp

This way they can improve the connection to every single server hopp you make before you reach the ps server, if the problem lays outside of their own network they proboobly wont bother to fix it, but as I said, it most likely does

Return to ET Help Desk