Headset

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Official Member

Headset

Postby Yoschi » Tue Oct 18, 2011 22:09

Maybe anyone can help me, since one week i only hear other players shooting while specing them and not me and the enemy shooting at me.
All around me is silently, like opening doors running jumping etc..
If someone other opens door in next room i can hear.

This problem is only when i use Headset, with normal sound it works normally.

Official Member

Postby Toup » Tue Oct 18, 2011 23:31

What's your headset?

Official Member

Postby xochi » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:22

oke that is a weard thingy. Never heard about that have you checked your port where you plugin your headset? Because i also use headset and i dont have a problem.

greetz xochi

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:53

Wow, this is pretty strange. When I plug in any audio output to my computer (headset or speakers) system asks me what kind of gear is this (side/front/rear speakers, headset, sub), which depends on which port at the back of my PC (motherboard) I use (there are 5 of them). So if you have more than 1 audio ports in your PC maybe try all of them (what you probably have done already). Cause if you have full audio setup (5.1 or something) different sounds (from different directions) are 'divided' among all available speakers. So maybe because you have headset pugged in wrong port, you recieve incomplete sound.
This is just theory. I don't know if it exactly works like this.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 15:01

Must be your audio jack that is forked up, had the same before with my Creative Fatal1ty. If the guarantee is still running, bring it back to the shop, otherwise you'll have to buy a new one.

Return to ET Help Desk