Shader problems

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Official Member

Shader problems

Postby deep » Fri Sep 02, 2011 15:12

This is only at tjmod (ps7).

Basically here's the problem:
the barrels on the left image should have semi-translucent glossy blue class texture on them. I've noticed this 'bug' only at this map (neji 5).

right image is showing missing textures/shaders when i'm not holding down a certain button. There are 3 differently designed keysets and everything except the 2nd one displays fine.

Also when i go to menu (Esc). the TJMod logo is replaced with that orange/black square. like on the right image.

I uninstalled et and deleted tjmod + deleted that map. then installed everything again, but still i see those missing shader textures. Then I thought maybe it's my cfg, so I set everything to highest, but still those map textures were wrong.

Im using ATI Radeon 5700s btw.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 15:40

I have the same. First I thought that this is something with my computer or my ET client, though I haven't changed any gfx settings or so. But still there could be something that screwed up just so... But if it happens not only to me... Besides it would be rather strange if modern pc couldn't display some 10-year-old gfx engine properly.

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Fri Sep 02, 2011 18:20

Probably a bugged (tj) map in your etmain folder. Would be nice to know which one so we can remove it from the server ^^

You could remove them 1 by 1 (sort on last changed), connecting in-between to check if the problem is gone.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Official Member

Postby deep » Fri Sep 02, 2011 23:03

I'll test later, might be legojumps.

This can take a long time - might need to check every map in my etmain then. I'm still thinking that it's not the map's fault but the mod's.

Official Member

Postby deep » Fri Oct 21, 2011 15:57

I get this when viewing demos in nq 1.2.9_b6. All other mods work fine, so the game pak files can't be broken.
Also tried downloading straight from NQ site, 1st thing I saw was this awful menu with missing textures (no profiles/cfg's loaded.).

Maybe someone has a clue? :)

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sun Oct 23, 2011 16:28

S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby deep » Sun Oct 23, 2011 17:34

Saukko wrote:The solution might be here: http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... pic&t=6157

-*S
unfortunately they didn't find the solution there.
Going to reinstall, maybe helps this time.. :P

edit: reinstalling worked :)

Return to ET Help Desk