FPS caps in ET

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Veteran

FPS caps in ET

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue May 17, 2011 18:03

I was just wondering which are all the values for capping own FPS ? All I know are 43, 76 , 125 and 333. Are there any other values ?

One more question. I capped my FPS to 333 and I could easily reach 333 FPS but in some places in maps I noticed that it drops to 100. So does it really matter which value you use and if it drops down is that bad thing?

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby Death » Tue May 17, 2011 18:12

I think (not sure) that if you cap your FPS too high then your computer will take more RAM but not enough to like let it work noticibly slower.

Just a few days ago i capped my own FPS higher and it actually improved a bit for me.. i have no idea if i got my FPS too high capped now, it barely ever reaches its max cap (reason: take a look at my graph, card in lazy-lion his topic)

Dropping fps is actually not a bad thing... it just means it has to generate more area, fe. when you are in a map like glider, much area- low fps. but if you have a map like Fata-morgane you'll have very high fps.

As long as your fps doesnt drop too much that you'll screen actually starts lagging a bit (20/30FPS or lower) then you dont have a problem i think...

100fps as lowest is more then high enough :P

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Spam Kid

Postby romanek87 » Tue May 17, 2011 18:17

those values saukko wrote in his post are tj values, its easier to do jumps using those values.

if you try to tj its best you have stable value of one of those above, if you talk about normal fighting it doesnt matter at all what maxfps you gonna use.

Official Member

Postby Death » Tue May 17, 2011 18:24

ah ok :P

also a possibility XD

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue May 17, 2011 20:38

romanek87 wrote:those values saukko wrote in his post are tj values, its easier to do jumps using those values.

if you try to tj its best you have stable value of one of those above, if you talk about normal fighting it doesnt matter at all what maxfps you gonna use.
+1

333 gives the possibility to 'glide' tiny bit longer in air (TJ skill required ofc + pmove_fixed 1).
But ye to use those famous cap values you need to have them as stable as possible. There's no reason to cap it very high, when you experience drops on some parts of the map.

Personally i use 125 for years.

Return to ET Help Desk