weird lags/skipping

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Official Member

weird lags/skipping

Postby deep » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:35

the prob:

So basically i got some weird lag-like skipping going on in game for a month now. It appears semi-randomly: 1) When i'm aiming at a dense brush area. 2) occurs occasionally (not always.) and can last up to 10-15 sec.
I play 90% etpro (where it happens), so idk if the problem exists in other mods.

I also did some tests today:
-lagometer is stable
-fps is stable
-happens with different cfgs
-skipping goes away when i turn my mouse away from the polys and brushes.

So my obvious mind thought that it must be the gfx-card that's messing around - dl'ed drivers (including OpenGL), but the problem still persists.

Never heard or seen this reported before, but maybe some1 has an answer or suggestion?

Some PC info:
Processor: AMD phenom II x4 (3,42 GHz)
gfx: ATI Radeon HD 5700
RAM: 4GB

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26

dunno, if im on the right way.. but if you got lags that are not fps nor connection related .... years ago i had also some problems and it was that my pc went too hot after playing a while (well in my case it went to crash down) .. solution was to clean the inner life of my pc from lots of dust ....
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15

Have you recently made any changes to your system, such as a new driver? I think newer Catalysts just have huge problems with ET

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Feb 24, 2011 14:09

@Sebbel
Well i got 3 fans on the case that are blowing the air out. And gta4 works fine with nearly full settings. If it's heat related, then it should show fps drops imo, but I'm sure it's not.

@Diclonius
Yes I downloaded the newest drivers, and I've got a new motherboard few months ago (Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H). i've had the card for about the same time.

And as i said it happens only at certain places in the map and disappears after 10-15 sec. Anyway thx fof replying.

Edit: maybe there's something I need to change in the Catalyst controls?

Return to ET Help Desk