problem ps 1

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Spam Kid

problem ps 1

Postby Marcel » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:45

Hello i play often i pure lagg PS1 but when i play PS 5 i dont lagg do u know the problem???

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Jul 14, 2010 18:27

Quoting FAQ:

As with every multiplayer game, a good and smooth gameplay all depends on your Ping. If you experience a high Ping or Lags first try to close down as much other programs as possible (such as; p2p download programs, msn, antivirus software etc.) to ensure that the problem isn’t in one of those programs.

If that doesn’t work there are a few commands you can configure within ET to help you tweak your connection and streamline your Ping.

/cl_maxpackets X
The bigger X is, the more information your computer sends to the server, so basically your actions will be more accurate and gives you a smoother playing experience. 30 is standard but you will see that most ‘pro-players’ use 100 maxpackets.

Recommended: /cl_maxpackets 100
TIP: Use /cl_maxpackets 76 in combination with /com_maxfps 76 for smoother results in some occasions.

/snaps X
Determines how many times per second the server sends your pc updates (snapshots) of the game state.

"The server can only generate a snap each server frame, since a snap is defined by the state generated in the server frame. So for the server to send you more than sv_fps (standard set to 20) snaps wouldn't make any sense. Now, the ET code has been known to do things that don't make sense, but if it did something dumb like sending you 2 identical snaps per frame, it should show up in network traffic and likely weirdness on your client. By observation, it doesn't." -reyalP (ETPro)

Recommended: /snaps 20

/rate X
The standard rate of 5000 dates back to the old days when the Quake3 engine (id Tech 3) was first released back in 1999. 56k modems were still in use by most gamers and *DSL lines were a luxury only a few could affort. These days most people have a proper *DSL, Cable or fiber optic connection and should therefore use the maximum value, capped by the Q3 engine code itself, of 25000.

Recommended: /rate 25000

/cl_timenudge X
This command is misunderstood by a lot of people and does not physically lower your ping at all. Very basically; a positive value increases client side prediction while a negative value decreases it (you should only use values between -50 and 0). These days most ET Mods (No Quarter, ETPub, ETPro) run with antilag code that makes the use of timenudge useless and/or counterproductive.

Recommended: /cl_timenudge 0

It does not declare why your ping is better on PS#5, but maybe it could help to decrease your lag at PS#1 :)
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby Yoschi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 21:28

i think its cause at ps1 much players so more lags

ps5 less players less lags.

maybe get better connection i never have lags at ps1 also if server is full

Spam Kid

Postby Marcel » Wed Jul 14, 2010 23:00

@yoshy i playing sometimes 2vs2 and lagg like playing 53ß97528962 player and i got connection good coz i can play ps5 without lagg

Return to ET Help Desk