Few rules about 5v5 or less

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960

Do you think we should establish some rules for 5v5 (or less) games ?

Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes : 12
Spam Kid

Few rules about 5v5 or less

Postby Shenkyen » Wed Jun 12, 2013 17:08

Sometimes there's not many ppl on server and we play 5v5 or less.

It happens this afternoon, on Oasis.
We started with few bots in each team, I started as Axis.
Few minutes later, allies weren't progressing, just being killed like bots so not really fun so I moved to their team to make the game start.
Few seconds after I swapped, someone connect and join axis, and start planting mines and using rnades (score team was 450 v 100, really need to use rnades ? not sure ... what else)

Quickly, score teams is 500 v 125 and a regular comes, I think "Ok, some help comes, will be funnier than now" but no, he just join the Axis team, at this moment, I start being crazy. Few minute after, another guy connect, join axis, and spawn as Engi with Rnades, few minutes after I quit because that wasn't fun, I join PS for fun, not being gangnbanged by honorless(?) guys.

But the real subject of this topic is not about the debility of few persons but more about establishing few rules when 5v5 or less and if it's possible of course.

No landmines under 5v5
Only 1 riflenade / team

Just this.

So do you think it's possible or I'm just an old fool from an other time ?

Spam Pro

Postby dirtyharry » Wed Jun 12, 2013 19:11

had the same today 3vs2 and some guys start to play with Rnades really no fun at all if you see that this guy only do damage with nades but hit notting when he shoots...really guys keep it fun and fair under 5vs5 no mines and no Rnades!!!!!!!!!!!
learn to shoot guys!!!!!!!!!!
Image"COME AND MAKE MY DAY NAAAABS"

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 19:36

I know the feeling Shenkyen, it happens often to me too. I don't know if some ppl just prefer to play unhonorably (whee, another victory, who cares it was 1vs5) or are only unable to count to two. Disabling any weapons however imo isn't best option, im always kinda against any kind of "disable" or restriction. Establishing new rules is nosense when ppl won't follow them, and will join stronger team anyway.
But perhaps we could make a special command for situation like this. Something like !botblock, so if less than X players online, new coming player can't join stronger team (counting live players, not bots).
Last edited by Daghel on Wed Jun 12, 2013 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Jun 12, 2013 21:34

Bots are a joke anyhow on PS#1, bots can't be considered as teammates nor as enemies. Botwar isn't fun anymore.

The only way to create a honorable end for PS#1 is creating circumstances for smaller games without bots; smaller maps and lowered double jumps.

There are possibilities in ET to have an automatic restriction depending on the amount of players in teams, although i'm not sure it's also possible in NQ. Think about HW/Rnades/mines. It is a great system in my opinion, but not suitable for PS#1. Our 'regulars' won't like it.

We could anyhow develop some kind off !promode which would enable us to play without dj's, adre, restricted hw and restricted rnades.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Pro

Postby dirtyharry » Wed Jun 12, 2013 22:51

maybe back a second server without all this noobisch things (and call it ps5) so you have a server for people ho wants to play like that now on ps1 and a server (how will i say this) more sirious to play without all this heavy damage and bots and double jumps, more like a NQ et-pro server

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Thu Jun 13, 2013 0:02

Smadje wrote:There are possibilities in ET to have an automatic restriction depending on the amount of players in teams, although i'm not sure it's also possible in NQ. Think about HW/Rnades/mines. It is a great system in my opinion, but not suitable for PS#1. Our 'regulars' won't like it.

Such a feature exists actually in NQ. Though for a more sophisticated system, I should extend eggtools I suppose.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:49

dirtyharry wrote:maybe back a second server without all this noobisch things (and call it ps5) so you have a server for people ho wants to play like that now on ps1 and a server (how will i say this) more sirious to play without all this heavy damage and bots and double jumps, more like a NQ et-pro server

:D 95% time empty

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:07

DMG_Kowi wrote:
dirtyharry wrote:maybe back a second server without all this noobisch things (and call it ps5) so you have a server for people ho wants to play like that now on ps1 and a server (how will i say this) more sirious to play without all this heavy damage and bots and double jumps, more like a NQ et-pro server

:D 95% time empty

And it will be equal to a death sentence for PS#1.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 14:11

Not so long ago i ask about et pro server, but no1 wants it anymore :(
Lets focus on Ps1 :idea:
Reduction rnades and mines are not so good i think. Last time was topic about less damage panzer but as some players says: NQ is for fun, and i must admit thay are right.
But iv got often situation that on server play 8-10 players against bots ( ofc some players ask to normal play and clear is that i remove bots to spec, becouse game 4vs4 or 5vs5 is more fun than foolish shooting bots) and than in bots place join 3 players and rest stay. Teams looks 2-5, 3-6, and no admins around. Maybe !teams cmd should be avilable for everyone :?: :idea: Maybe automaticly !teams when uneven (and when bots are out of play ofc ) :?: :idea:
It just cant be like this that some player want to play and some want it too but not especially fair.

Cheers :beer:

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 14:23

dirtyharry wrote:really guys keep it fun and fair under 5vs5 no mines and no Rnades!!!!!!!!!!!

You consider riflegrenades as unfair? Wow now I have seen everything at this forum. This would be same that I would consider adrenaline being unfair. Not really player friendly comment to be honest. Not all want to play with Thompson/MP40 or K43/M1 Garand with riflegrenades. Let people play the game like they want to, as long as people follow rules.

Anyway, the discussion should not be about weapon or setting restrictions but about team balance. Which never was good or will never be fixed.

- P.J.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam Pro

Postby dirtyharry » Thu Jun 13, 2013 14:24

Reduction rnades and mines are not so good i think.

i agree but make it a little bid less damage...oke i understand it is not fair on medics than but reduce med packs than.
about bots than i think the are only there to make teams even not to make it a botwar or something

Spam Pro

Postby dirtyharry » Thu Jun 13, 2013 14:30

Plastic_Jesus wrote:
dirtyharry wrote:really guys keep it fun and fair under 5vs5 no mines and no Rnades!!!!!!!!!!!

You consider riflegrenades as unfair? Wow now I have seen everything at this forum. This would be same that I would consider adrenaline being unfair. Not really player friendly comment to be honest. Not all want to play with Thompson/MP40 or K43/M1 Garand with riflegrenades. Let people play the game like they want to, as long as people follow rules.

Anyway, the discussion should not be about weapon or setting restrictions but about team balance. Which never was good or will never be fixed.

- P.J.

you don't understand me i think it is not fair if you play 3vs2 to take rifle nades and play with riflenades with this big damage i have no problem that players play with riflenades but only when it is 5vs5 or more

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 15:35

And i think bots are exactly for botwar, not for even the teams. Bot cant replace player. Bots are good when server almost empty, players dont want to play 2on2 or 2on1 and prefer to play against many bots.
But not so seldom i saw 12 even 14 players playing against 10 bots :rofl:
It must be a paragraph for this :loller:

About mines, would be nice to disarm mines by engi on team that planted this mine.
Now disarm can only engi from opposing team. Replanting mines on some maps could be very helpful :idea:

:beer:

Spam Pro

Postby dirtyharry » Thu Jun 13, 2013 15:51

why i even reply on this topic it is all ready much years a discusion and it never changes ....so we have to take it like it is and play like it is .

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 16:29

Maybe:

3 players on team - 1 rifle avi
6 - 2 rifle avi
9 - 3 rifle
12 - 4 rifle
15 - 5 .....
etc....
will be fair and square :idea:

About adrena: more time for regeneration of another use. That force players to use it when most need, and not so often.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 16:36

Ohhhh and have question:

For summer time can characters be dressed in bahama shorts and shirts :?:
And maybe sunglasses 8)
Would be so fun :)

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Thu Jun 13, 2013 17:43

There are servers with this kind of rules, i remember right now only a american server (WF), there are a rule "no panzer under 4 vs 4", but they got nq 1.2.3, in this version the panzer is very powerfull, so it is understandable.
But here, the panzer isn´t so powerfull, and the riflenades? neither.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 18:31

dirtyharry wrote:it never changes

Yes, war never changes...

Spam Kid

Postby Fight4Fun » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:12

dirtyharry wrote:had the same today 3vs2 and some guys start to play with Rnades really no fun at all if you see that this guy only do damage with nades but hit notting when he shoots...really guys keep it fun and fair under 5vs5 no mines and no Rnades!!!!!!!!!!!

I am one of those "guys" and I'll take this as an insult and your nice calling me as Loser yesterday ingame. If you can't stand riflenades or mines, you play wrong game. Riflenade isn't overpowered and don't give huge advance in most of maps. But if people want to adjust weapon abilities when small amount of people is playing, I can live with that, but imo that's the funkilller.

My 2 cents
Cheers

Fighty

Spam Pro

Postby dirtyharry » Fri Jun 14, 2013 13:23

Fight4Fun wrote:
dirtyharry wrote:had the same today 3vs2 and some guys start to play with Rnades really no fun at all if you see that this guy only do damage with nades but hit notting when he shoots...really guys keep it fun and fair under 5vs5 no mines and no Rnades!!!!!!!!!!!

I am one of those "guys" and I'll take this as an insult and your nice calling me as Loser yesterday ingame. If you can't stand riflenades or mines, you play wrong game. Riflenade isn't overpowered and don't give huge advance in most of maps. But if people want to adjust weapon abilities when small amount of people is playing, I can live with that, but imo that's the funkilller.

My 2 cents

i understand for you it is fun you only kill with Rnades thats all....no normale shooting...and no obj where the fun off that??????

Spam Noob

Postby Irak » Fri Jun 14, 2013 13:54

Shenkyen just accept that you have no skill.

Spam Kid

Postby Fight4Fun » Fri Jun 14, 2013 14:34

What does object do with this, I always do object, I also use all weaponry not only Rnades, spec me. I can see you know nothing about my style to play. Don't judge so fast without knowledge.
Cheers

Fighty

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Jun 14, 2013 14:59

Betinho wrote:There are servers with this kind of rules, i remember right now only a american server (WF), there are a rule "no panzer under 4 vs 4", but they got nq 1.2.3, in this version the panzer is very powerfull, so it is understandable.
But here, the panzer isn´t so powerfull, and the riflenades? neither.

As far as I know, Panzerfaust's damage haven't changed a bit between 1.2.3 and 1.2.9 (b6). It is all matter of how server has set its weapon scripts.
dirtyharry wrote:i understand for you it is fun you only kill with Rnades thats all....no normale shooting...

Shooting riflegrenades isn't normal shooting?! Just... wow *clap* *clap*
I'm not sure are you serious or just trolling. I know you don't like riflegrenades but that sentence was just ridiculous. It is a weapon as any other.

Just saying that restricting riflegrenades would be a big mistake, so I am not with the change if there would be one. And restricting landmines totally under 5o5 wouldn't be any better.

- P.J.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 15:09

Change nothing about weapons etc.. It's good as it is now I think.

And about botwar: It is really annoying when 8,10,more people are connected and playing botwar...

So maybe this is an option: Only botwar possible when less than 8 people are connected?

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Spam Kid

Postby Fight4Fun » Fri Jun 14, 2013 15:52

pompidom_23 wrote:Change nothing about weapons etc.. It's good as it is now I think.

And about botwar: It is really annoying when 8,10,more people are connected and playing botwar...

So maybe this is an option: Only botwar possible when less than 8 people are connected?

Thumbs up for that, maybe make a poll about botwar. I personally don't like botwar, it lag, but is needed if only few player is online.
Cheers

Fighty

Next

Return to PS #1: Discussion