Change !teams script

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Spam Noob

Change !teams script

Postby tuning » Sun Mar 17, 2013 22:29

The actual script when one team have 2 more players than the other, it swiches a random player.

Why don't change it to switch the last joined in this team?

EJ:

I'm playing in axis attacking, when i've done 1/2 map, someone joins axis and someone goes from allies, and admins do !teams

Great, when the countdown of teams ends, a random player from axis is going to allies, like me, i've done 1/2 map and i get switched to deffend and "lose" because i done all of map attacking. Why don't switch the last joined that dont do anithing of the map?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english! <3

EDIT/PD: I'm Artyk|Soteck!

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Mar 18, 2013 0:09

It is e.g. :D jamon!

First I know the !teams script can be annoying, and that it is not perfect, but the general opinion is that we are better off with it than without it.

Well there are 2 reasons why I don't see your suggestion working. First it would be unfair if the last one joined always would be switched, e.g. someone joined 8 to 8 to axis side, and then one allied player leaves. Then this axis person would be switched to allies and the teams are 8 to 8 again. Imagine that 2 axis player leave, then this person would be switched again. This case is to happen for sure sometimes. Would it be fair to always switch the last person joined?

Secondly, I didn't found a way yet to track people who switched teams or joined ;). And neither do I have really time to search for a solution.

Spam Noob

Postby tuning » Mon Mar 18, 2013 0:20

Yes but you can do something... If was the way to track the las joined manually.

When you go to limbo menu and want to join in the stronguer team, you cant because it's unbalanced.

But if you do !put <name> <stronger team> you can join.

I want to say that if you track who join manually, the problem that you're talking about dont exists...

And if i remember fine, there was one commant like [k] that says who killed you or something... Hm, there are some comands or keykodes or shitthings that shows you who was the last connected/joined... I'm right?

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:22

IMO current system is just fine. When often there is no volounteers to swap, admins may choose a player manually by !put command. There would be no problem if players would swap themselves - in such case you are welcomed to do that :)
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:40

tuning wrote:Yes but you can do something... If was the way to track the las joined manually.

When you go to limbo menu and want to join in the stronguer team, you cant because it's unbalanced.

But if you do !put <name> <stronger team> you can join.

I want to say that if you track who join manually, the problem that you're talking about dont exists...

I don't get you entirely? It is logical that you can't join the stronger team if they have more players. And I don't think that members will put themselves or anyone else to a stronger teams with more players.

tuning wrote:And if i remember fine, there was one commant like [k] that says who killed you or something... Hm, there are some comands or keykodes or shitthings that shows you who was the last connected/joined... I'm right?

If it was that simple, I would have used that :).

Spam Kid

Postby afk70 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:20

imo Soteck wants an anti-Bombino script :p

Our fav obj fanatic (Bombino) use to go spec between each map, making them unfair in number, then shouting !teams in chat, waiting for the switch and going to take the empty place :)

Talented Spammer

Postby Luki27 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:26

sure random put but why all time i am putted ... I was putted 5times in 3 days...
Whine

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:50

Luki27 wrote:sure random put but why all time i am putted ... I was putted 5times in 3 days...
Whine

Because you play 24/7, so not a surprise that you can get put 5 times...

I think players should deal with it. The perfect solution, considering egglaf's example on a player being switched 2 times in a row, would be to have a list of players by time of joining and just pick players from the list. The last on is picked, but then he goes on the top of the list. However, it is quite complex and probably (?) impossible/very hard to implement.

Talented Spammer

Postby Luki27 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:57

i dont play 24/7 maybe 4 or 5h xd

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Mar 18, 2013 13:19

If it's technically possible we should add something like this:

I guess the script picks players on their slot nr. and their team. What if you could add manually a slot nr. from someone who is purposely unbalancing teams so he will be picked the next time if there are uneven teams.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 14:43

Smadje wrote:I guess the script picks players on their slot nr. and their team. What if you could add manually a slot nr. from someone who is purposely unbalancing teams so he will be picked the next time if there are uneven teams.

Yes, it is technically possible. It works like this:
[et_code]!put smadje b dont f*** with teams[/et_code]
It is called 'the old school method' :P
Image thx for diamond :D

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Mar 18, 2013 14:59

Ninjadeer wrote:Yes, it is technically possible. It works like this:
[et_code]!put smadje b dont f*** with teams[/et_code]
It is called 'the old school method' :P

I want to punish them and look like it's an accident! :twisted:
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Mar 18, 2013 15:10

Nab, why are you actually member if you need such a thing to hide after.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Mon Mar 18, 2013 15:18

Smadje wrote:I want to punish them and look like it's an accident! :twisted:

For that we love silent commands. :)
Chaos is the only true answer.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 20:43

I never like the way !teams worked, if it actually ever wroked. Those random picks were there to ruin the gameplay and make the teams worse with a bigger probability. That's why I like more !put than !teams because then you really need to think about who you pick to keep the teams as balanced as possible. Anyway a script can't always do something that a manual way could. So to a must-have !teams command is pretty much for the people who do not have time to think about the true balance of the teams. So better improve or fix it rather than making the people suffer with the unbalanced teams. That's just my honest opinion.

- P.J.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:14

i like the current method. In the oldschool method by just putting people in other team people only went raging for being put. Now its random and we dont get blamed :P

Spam Noob

Postby tuning » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:42

Plastic_Jesus wrote:I never like the way !teams worked, if it actually ever wroked. Those random picks were there to ruin the gameplay and make the teams worse with a bigger probability. That's why I like more !put than !teams because then you really need to think about who you pick to keep the teams as balanced as possible. Anyway a script can't always do something that a manual way could. So to a must-have !teams command is pretty much for the people who do not have time to think about the true balance of the teams. So better improve or fix it rather than making the people suffer with the unbalanced teams. That's just my honest opinion.

- P.J.

I like what you say, i think is better one silent and anonymous but thinked !putteam than !teams...

!teams can balance and 90% can unbalance more because of that is better one !put with a specific player...

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:28

The point is that if you are playing for example with just a couple of players, let's say a 5 vs 5, the individual skill of the players really have a big impact on the game. With a couple of good players in one of the teams, the other team has no chance. If teams get unbalanced, it's necessary to pick the right person to create a fair game. The teams command is not a good option in this case.

The other scenario is a big game, let's say a 15 vs 15. With that many players it doesn't really matter if one team has one/two great players. If this game get's unbalanced in for example the way of a 15 vs 13, it doesn't really matter who is getting switched. When you, as admin, have to put a single guy out of 15, he will feel like he is the victim that is purposely put to the other team. !teams is in my opinion in such a situation a better choice.

!teams and !put are tools for admins, choosing the right tool depends on the situation.

Anyway, asking players to even the teams before using any commands is always the best move in all scenarios.
quoting deep:

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 20:40

I have many times in my life played 15 vs 15 games where a single person can make a huge difference to a game. It was when one really good player was on a winning team, when he left then his team went from the top to ground zero. So when you say that it doesn't matter when it is a 15 vs 13 situation and a single player wouldn't have a impact into the gameplay, then you are wrong. Anyway, !teams cannot judge the situation anyhow same as when you !put.

- P.J.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam Noob

Postby Angel666 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:08

No matter what its GOOD 2 have this command !teams !

Ofc the most fair would b that the last 2 join is the 1 that switch.
Because 2 often teams r unfair with more players in 1 team.
2 bad u even c PS dont care about it and continue play unfair!
I would like lvl7 have this command so u can even teams cause its better
2 even amount than continue play with 2 or 3 players more in 1 team.
Ofc it can b not so perfect with the player be switched (good or bad), but still better
if the teams have the SAME amount of players.

SO often u c maps ruined cause of uneven team. Teams passed first obstacles
that is supposed 2 stop them and map is gone :(
LAME that ppl never learn how 2 make it fair!
I ALWAYS join spec or other team if teams unfair but it doesnt solve it because more need 2 do it and i dont have the
strength 2 continue stay defence the ALWAYS weaker team map after map :( :(

A never ending story is that the defending team is always less player :O
It doesnt help if the nonskilled player 666 try 2 help tho he never b a good (god) player :P So dont care what team he enter!

Boobs (.)(.)

Return to PS #1: Discussion