People saying I would make money with PS :(

Old server topics and posts from 2006, Read only
PS Founder

People saying I would make money with PS :(

Postby landser » Tue Oct 17, 2006 15:51

first i want say thanks for your help with forum (especially Daemon) and servers (Thanks to the server Owner).

its nice to see people helping me and eachother to form a good comunity...

but now i heard stuff like i would make money out of PS :(
some people even say it would be around 600 - 800€!!!!!
but thats ofcourse nonsense ...

i dont want have this rumor because it destroys the comunity and its not true :roll: ... because of that i will show you how much money PS costs and what i get:

I need to pay:

110€ / month for the roots.
15€ / year for the domain.

total: around 111€ / month

I get:

For Servers: (² + ³)

PS1: landser, bory stoped paying 6 month ago. (daemon does settings ...
PS2: monster + ice pay currently 30€
PS3: knatter pays 20€
PS4: landser
PS5: landser

(PS6 - 8 on nics root; PS9 - 11 on hollys root, holly root of, holly takes PS1; PS12 hosted by our friendly clan A12S = all of these hosters pay direct to the company, nothing to me)

For servers i get total: 50€²

Donations:

around 15 - 30$ = 14 - 25€/ month for donations.

Thx for that to Memnoch, Sebbel and mondini!

For Donations i get total: 20€ / month

Advertizing:

around 10€ / month for the banners on our Site, Layers removed.

For advertizing on our Site i get total: 10€ / month

PS gives me total 80€ / month

But there are still 30€ missings (i am only student and dont work yet, so i cant pay it) so i thought, because we got free space on PS1, i can put there some servers and sell them to other clans ...
i did that and get for that around 40 - 50€

=> i get total with the whole root stuff around 125€/month BUT i have to pay around 111€ / month so i get around 15€ too much which are saved for bad times (server hoster cant pay, other bad stuff)

=> i dont earn money with PS, only with selling NON ps gameservers to NON ps people (financiate + little win)

thx for reading and understanding

landser ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
² = Prices for PS server hoster will get cheaper, because holly + mindy will maybe buy PS5 + PS1.

³ = Ofcourse, as soon i work, server owner get their servers free + a "little" donation back for supporting me and PS.

thx
Last edited by landser on Tue Oct 17, 2006 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

PS Founder

Postby landser » Tue Oct 17, 2006 20:15

sorry for deleting posts before, it was a missunderstodness ...

Veteran

Re: People saying I would make money with PS :(

Postby mem » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:53

Last edited by mem on Mon Jul 23, 2007 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

PS Founder

Postby landser » Wed Oct 18, 2006 13:16

i can understand the people ...

but i do less win ... the PS server to PS owner are cheaper than i sell to other clans, and very much, realy very much cheaper than buying it from a gameserver company ...

more than 100% cheaper but still i am still sorry for even taking money, but like i said before, i am only a pupil who has no job ...

to financiate PS i needa do it this way :(

but this seems to work fine ... until this rumours...

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Thu Oct 19, 2006 19:42

i'm not that person that has his ears everywhere, but dont know about "rumours"

for my part i just want to say that i know that nothing is for free.
although landser has fun by working with PS, think he spends a lot of time (other admins & mods certainly do also)... and this is worth something (more then a few euros)

I am here, I have fun, I play for nothing, i have admins and others that give their know-how and time inside and outside the gameplay and are responsible for costs and paying them and everything around it

I'm happy to help with some donation, no matter, if there are 10, 20 or 50 € left every month.... i think thats almost less compared with the work that is inside.

Please forget about some spoken bullshit landser, so that you don't lose your fun here. Do your work, give me (and all others) the war I need every evening after work.

I hope this growing community will stay as long as it can be!!

Sebbel
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Spam Noob

Postby Lexbert » Thu Nov 30, 2006 23:42

manche leute tun einfach alles um sich über andere das maul zu zereissen weiste doch landser die solltne das vielleicht auch mehr im spass machen so wie manche leute (keine ahnung wen ich gemeint hab). Also solangs mich nix kostet bin auch student und total pleite is mir egal was andere verdienen. Ich wurd euch ps guys besonders dir alles geld der welt gonnen is sicher ne menge arbeit sowas zu machen. ausserdem was wurd ich den ohne den server hier machen musst ich ja noch n real life fuhren oder so. also thx for all ps ps lasst sie schwatzen nur der neid
:lol:

Veteran

Postby Stormcrow » Fri Dec 01, 2006 0:56

Lexbert wrote:manche leute tun einfach alles um sich über andere das maul zu zereissen weiste doch landser die solltne das vielleicht auch mehr im spass machen so wie manche leute (keine ahnung wen ich gemeint hab). Also solangs mich nix kostet bin auch student und total pleite is mir egal was andere verdienen. Ich wurd euch ps guys besonders dir alles geld der welt gonnen is sicher ne menge arbeit sowas zu machen. ausserdem was wurd ich den ohne den server hier machen musst ich ja noch n real life fuhren oder so. also thx for all ps ps lasst sie schwatzen nur der neid
:lol:

I try to translate i for you :-P

->

some poeple try to gossip viciously about others all the time, you know that landser, but they should do that in a funny way like other people do it too [:?:] no idea whom i meant. As long i have not to pay for it. I am a student too and totaly bankrupt and i dont care what others earning. I would grant every money of the world to the PS guys, especially you, it's certainly a lot of work to keep something like the PS community going. Furthermore, what would i do without the server. You have to lead a real-life existence [:?:] uh?
also thx for all

Post scriptum: Let them talk, its just the grudge

<-
analogous to Lexberts statement...i hope :-P

Spam Noob

Postby Lexbert » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:27

thx stormcrow !!

nice work and very good translation i hope so but if i could english i had did it myself :D . maybe next time on server u could be my translator when people dont understand what the hell i am talking about.

thx lot lexbert

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2006