What's your problem?

Post and share your fun pics, movies, music or other nonsense with us ;-)
Official Member

What's your problem?

Postby Ammz » Fri Jan 08, 2010 19:01

In my school we have something called Technology. It's a subject regarding producing of products and stuff.
My group are in a little trouble since we don't know what to invent or enhance this time.
Therefore I am asking help from the PS community.
I need YOU to tell me what your problem in your everyday is? What could be enhanced or change so it would make your life easier? A simple problem that could be solved by a simple product.

As an example, some students have made a cup that keeps your coffee at JUST the right drinking temperature for a longer time than usual. The right drinking temperature is 83 degrees Celsius. When you poor hot coffee in your cup it is usually around 90 degrees. So they made a cup that would remove the extra heat (7 degrees) and store it in the cup itself. It would then when the temperature dropped under 83, return the heat so the coffee would remain at 83 degrees celsius for a longer time.
Problem solved!

My group are looking for problems that could be solved just like this above mentioned example. We need to have a problem and workout some ideas and solutions that might work and then design and build this solution.

So I would like you all to tell me, what could be improved? What is YOUR problem?

Oh and thank you very much!! :beer:

PS: Ehm, and please no unrealistic problems, like .... Icy's problem :oops:
Last edited by Ammz on Fri Jan 08, 2010 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Fri Jan 08, 2010 19:04

my problem is my boss, please build me a weapon which makes me able to kill him slowly, but also with some protections so the police won't catch me (prefered is also a silent weapon), so i don't have to work that much anymore, ty!
Problem solved!
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Fri Jan 08, 2010 19:22

my problem is that i dont like to walk or ride my bike. If you could build me a teleportation machine i would be eternally grateful!
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Talented Spammer

Postby Kurrodo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 19:47

My problem? hmm... don't really know... let's find some for you.

Maybe I'm too lazy to look at my school diary to check about my homeworks. Actually I don't even write 'em down, I memorize them... Then when i'm playing I'm always wondering "eh, did I forgot something for tomorrow?"

Then, Please invent the SD card - School Diary... (and I just discovered the pun right now)

So let's see, some teacher gives you a homework, just like 5 others did yesterday. Instead of noting everything on a book that (let's face it) a lot of people don't really open at home, you could go to ehm, the Teacher's room, where you just enter your SchoolDiary card (colors are for the marketing purpose of course) Then you enter your form, section, option, class, etc. (like, for me, 5th Q IG b) and that's it, your homeworks are loaded in it!

You come back home, go to MSN, ET, youtube, facebook whatever, you insert the SchoolDiary inside the SD slot and check your homeworks. I'm sure of it, Checking, it's half the homeworks done.
(hm, for even lazier people, make it pop-up)
Since a lot of students don't do their homeworks AND a lot of student spent their lives on their computer, I think it can work, just need to make schools buy the SchoolDiary Devices, and make teachers get used to insert homeworks inside this kickass system made by Ammz-Kurrodo ltd.

Why not? Okay it's not something that involves physics and heating but it involves a bigger ratio of school success...since more homeworks done means more points at school report, happier parents, no more arguments about it, and then the students will be able to focus without parents saying they're useless.

Yeah, I just invented all of that... sry , it's long.

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 20:15

I suggest that you think up of a way of keeping the roads clean when it is snowing, and slippery. In NL we have huge prob with salt, there is just not enough... pls help us Ammz!
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Official Member

Postby Mefisto » Fri Jan 08, 2010 20:16

I wanna have machine which will let me take control of mind other person, for example Daghel. He connect to serv, and kill me (which isnt normally possible but this is only example) so i take control of his brain (if it exist XD )and make that He will ban himself or sing songs for my glory :)

Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmzy this topic justttttt cant be seriously especial on PS forum whit so many nabzors like me ^^

And this cup for tea imo wasting time (this students ofc) cuz ilot off ppl drink cold

:) or or make glass which will hand perfect temperature for beer :D enoughhhhhhhhhhh mefi >< !slap mef !slap mef !slap mef
ImageImage
`` I`m not full of fear 'cause I`m not really here I`m nowhere near here ...``
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... iia/simple come back to WoW Dagtard :)

Talented Spammer

Postby Kurrodo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 20:29

Mefisto wrote::) or or make glass which will hand perfect temperature for beer :D enoughhhhhhhhhhh mefi >< !slap mef !slap mef !slap mef

a beer warmer? wow... yeah, students drink beer more than coffee but really... ^^
how about a backpack made of two beer warmers and beer inside, + a surgical tube which links the beer to the mouth? or a school bag with a slot for beers? no need to boycott school for bars now...

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Fri Jan 08, 2010 22:15

I found some image on the internet, I think it isnt really produced, just an idea from someone:
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Fri Jan 08, 2010 22:29

@ Kurrodo - Our school and a lot of other high schools have a website for everything. Assignments, homework, news, teachers, table for which hours you have the next day, we even get SMS when our teacher is sick and lessons cancelled.
So already invented over here :P, they tell us what homework to do and read till next day ;)

@Icecream - You know that might actually be a problem that needs solving. I will totally talk with my mates about that one. It can't be serious that you have to salt the roads all the time! :)

@Mefi - Hmm, keeping beer cold at the perfect temperature ... Maybe!

@Smadje, can't see picture. Sorry! Please reupload :)
-|PS|-Ammz

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 22:58

I suggest that you think up of a way of keeping the roads clean when it is snowing, and slippery. In NL we have huge prob with salt, there is just not enough... pls help us Ammz!

@Icecream - You know that might actually be a problem that needs solving. I will totally talk with my mates about that one. It can't be serious that you have to salt the roads all the time!

welcome to finland... atm most of roads are snowy and icy and thats not a real problem. people are just using anti-skid tires or studded tires what ever they are called (in nl these arent rly used?). tires with small metal spikes on them, there is also tires that cause more friction than normal tires... snow is just plown away and all is good, ofc these metal spikes cause a bit damage to road but not much. in some places, mostly footpaths, they throw sand or small rocks so even walking ppl wont fall.
so... i dont really understand that prob with snow and salt :P
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Fri Jan 08, 2010 23:27

Ninjadeer wrote:
welcome to finland... atm most of roads are snowy and icy and thats not a real problem. people are just using anti-skid tires or studded tires what ever they are called (in nl these arent rly used?). tires with small metal spikes on them, there is also tires that cause more friction than normal tires... snow is just plown away and all is good, ofc these metal spikes cause a bit damage to road but not much. in some places, mostly footpaths, they throw sand or small rocks so even walking ppl wont fall.
so... i dont really understand that prob with snow and salt :P

It's all expenses. Imagine building a road with a system implemented that prevents the water molecules to connect and freeze to ice. Imagine a system that with microwaves heats up the water molecules and melts them. Imagine tires that are designed and made of components that simply prevents them from gliding on ice.

All this will remove the need for salt and sand to be thrown into our environment and on our streets.
-|PS|-Ammz

Talented Spammer

Postby Kurrodo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 23:47

Ammz wrote:@ Kurrodo - Our school and a lot of other high schools have a website for everything. Assignments, homework, news, teachers, table for which hours you have the next day, we even get SMS when our teacher is sick and lessons cancelled.

BAH... :( here the only SMS we got is when we're out of class (for disease generally) and they wonder where are we... and never seen a school in Belgium with a finished and complete website, except if it's for telling parents the school is "a safe and serious place".

don't care, I'm as smart as Denmark's education ministry \o/ Hm, So you still need to find a problem... except medical things I don't have much I'm afraid, sorry! (...)

Eh, my computer NEVER has the right temperature, it's always too hot, it even shuts down sometimes, how about a case which absorbs the extra heat ? it might exist but afaik, today's case are based on air flow inside the computer, fans, and maybe water cooling ^^
or you may just talk about global warming... well the solution is like, going back to middle age, so keep making armors and fur strings :D

EDIT : I think i got something. I know a lot of people who got problems waking up, even with their alarm clock, they just push the time 10 minutes later and so on, until they finally woke up at 11h instead of 8 >_<

the idea is, you make an alarm clock with a FAKE "gimme time" button, so when the person pushes it, a big toy hammer falls on his head and makes a sound like toys for dogs! And the falling distance and direction has to be adjustable, of course.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Fri Jan 08, 2010 23:53

Actually a danish company made cooling based on liquid metal. Kalim and Natrium.
But let's not go offtopic here ;)
If I were you just install air cooling :) or replace the computer where it can get cool and fresh air.
-|PS|-Ammz

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sat Jan 09, 2010 0:38

EDIT: oh nvm its already really designed, thought it was only a 'idea'
http://www.yankodesign.com/2009/12/24/r ... -the-wall/

This is the link to the picture ammzy ;)

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/779411/ ... aarom.html

Talented Spammer

Postby Sard » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:08

Heeey we got same type of project to do! So ppl think of 2 things to invent or enhance! :D One for mee and one for ammz :D

I would put a suggestion, but as you can see , we in the same spot :)

By Jolly :)

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:43

well, the weather in NL: Approx 2 weeks each year with snow, ice, etc etc. Rest of weeks temp is above 0 Celcius and not much interesting.

This year: already 4 weeks of snow (counting December 2009 as well, before you think I think 4 weeks already passed in 2010...) So we are out of salt for putting at the roads.

It is indeed environmental too. All people should use salt for food etc and not for throwing it on roads... 2 ways imo: A road with self heating when needed. OR an uber hair drier to be used on the roads, so all quickly melts. With both problems you are left with water, which you can blow into the manholes or smth. You should do it quickly, before it freezes again tho :|

Ammz, maybe think of a way to solve cycling thru the rain. Raincoats are horrible, and when its windy umbrellas fail too... I rly hate cycling thru rain :(

I also have probs with getting up early... maybe Ammz can think up of schools from 13-21 :) xD
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Spam Kid

Postby LyoLevi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:48

My problem is xD
1.split up whit my GF(i really loved her :S )
2.i lost my job today xD So i nned a new 1.
3.i lost my job so i cannot pay my loan for the house where i live.
so maybe the bank come and get it :S
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And this is all only in this year. What come? oh yes my Bday end of the month...
ps: dont worry be happy :) what can i do more? :wink:

Return to Fun & Nonsense Corner