10 golden rules :)

Post and share your fun pics, movies, music or other nonsense with us ;-)
Veteran

10 golden rules :)

Postby Blairwitch » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:20

Some internet rules how to survive online :) read if you have the time.

1. Never type a group of words or a phrase in upper case. IT MAKES IT LOOK AS THOUGH YOU ARE SHOUTING, doesn't it? Other people will get the feeling that you are being a bit rude. The best idea is to stick to regular sentence case when blogging, emailing, commenting, messaging, etc...

2. Always speak to others the way you would expect yourself to be spoken to in the physical world. Do not curse, swear, or insult others- just imagine what you'd feel like if you were spoken to like that!

3. Make use of emoticons like :) and :( which help you to get your message across. At certain times, what you write in emails or messages may be misunderstood (omg i have too much experience in this matter lol) and using emoticons will help the understanding of your message. They also add a bit of color and interest to the message.

4. Patience is the key on the web these days. If you are upset or angry about something, try and wait a while before writing another message. This way, you can calm down and think carefully about your wording in terms of politeness. Remember, once you hit 'send', your message has gone into cyberspace forever!

5. Get to the point! Do your best to keep your messages brief and to the point. This way, the receiver will get a clear understanding of what you mean to say.

6. Be careful with using the "Reply All" option whilst in contact online. Do you really want everyone to get this message or only the person who sent it to you?

7. If someone bullies you or writes something bad to you, don't insult them back. Why? Cause it just doesn't work!
Simply ignoring them or blocking their messages does the trick. If your using a messaging service like AOL, Yahoo, or Gmail (As well as thousands of others) then here's a little way of permanently annoying them. Save a copy of every email that was sent to you which you considered offensive and send directly to the administrators or customer service. This will most likely ban the perpetrator from ever using the service ever again :) (Ive done this loads of times and it works every single one of them).

8. Never reply to people online
who you do not know. The likelihood of malicious software being present is extremely high these days, and the worst case scenario is where a certain person wants to hurt you!

9. Never forget to greet people politely in every message you send. It really makes you seem like a friendly person.

10. Do not forward or create spam or chain letters. People would hate you to the max if you did this. It wastes time and has no point. Chain letters are just sometimes random and no one really gives anyway...

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Mon Dec 08, 2008 16:44

Its the reality..
thats good

+1 :)

(I already use(d) some of these rules, for example this with smileys, i use everyday :) )

gz
Pancake
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Spam King

Postby LuXoFluXe » Mon Dec 08, 2008 17:27

Simple rules but usefull,
:good: As PanCake, i use the emoticons like every text i typ :)
... Again ...

8)
lick dem´ pussies.

Spam God

Postby flow » Mon Dec 08, 2008 18:53

:good: :good: :good:
well done ;)
those the best 10 rules in internet =)
good job :D
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Dec 08, 2008 20:44

:good: Nice rules btw ^^
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam God

Postby nick » Mon Dec 08, 2008 21:12

8)
usefull :)

Spam Pro

Postby SoulSaverNL » Mon Dec 08, 2008 21:23

10. Do not forward or create spam or chain letters. People would hate you to the max if you did this. It wastes time and has no point. Chain letters are just sometimes random and no one really gives anyway...

Just hate it when people send them.. Send this to 30 people in 24 hours or your girlfriend will break your heart blablabla.. :roll:

Spam God

Postby -Gighen- » Mon Dec 08, 2008 21:31

damn.. i don't undestead all the rules... :roll: :roll:
uff... my english sux......
anyway for the thing that i undestood,... it is good... :oops:
damn... i'm n44b... :oops: :roll:
+ 1 :lol:

Silver Star

Postby C3LIG4 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 22:06

thats rulez!

ftw

Veteran

Postby Blairwitch » Tue Dec 09, 2008 16:57

yea well i wont take all the credit for them, i found most of the rules on the internet but i modyfied them a bit before posting them here ;)

Return to Fun & Nonsense Corner