Mafia Game nr.14 !!

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Server High Admin

Mafia Game nr.14 !!

Postby Daghel » Thu Mar 25, 2010 22:58

Hello and Welcome!

As new narrator of Mafia The Game i wish you all great time and lot of fun.
Here are the rules. Even if You are Mafia oldschooler, please read them carefully:

=====================================================

RULES:

Each participant gets their role assigned via PM. Roles are random. Mafia players are advised who the other mafioso are. Mafia players are permitted to interact with each other via PM or make a secret forum of their own, while innocents may only interact in public on the posted thread (expetion: Masons). Mafia players will, of course, also post on the public thread as well.

The game has 2 phases, "night" and "day". Length of these phases vary; day phase might take 3 days!

During the "night" phase of the game, the mafia will write a name of innocent in red, indicating who they want to kill (this will ofc happend on their secret forums, NOT on public one.) The mafia's victim will be selected by majority vote. If they are dumb/tactical enough not to have a majority in their votes, then no innocent will be killed on that turn. However it might happen that other roles actions will prevent mafia from doing their kill. For example: mafia will fail to kill somebody protected by the Doctor. Roles which can use their abilities may send their PMs both at night and during the day. Effects which should be shown to publicity will be included in stories/summaries posted at the beginning of every phase.

Once the Narrator has posted the results of the PMs, the "day" phase of the game begins. During the day phase, the players who are still alive discuss who they think might be a mafioso and vote for someone to kill. The mafioso are posing as innocents during the day and they also vote with the innocents. A majority of votes is required to reach a decision. If there are 15 innocents alive, then 8 people must vote for the same person in order to "lynch" them. When the person is lynched, the Narrator will reveal his/her role and the night phase will begin. This cycle will repeat until the game ends. Once a player is "dead", he can no longer post anything of substance to the thread. Exception is a Ghost role.

The game ends when the innocents have lynched all the mafia players or the mafia have killed enough innocents that the innocents can no longer muster enough votes to lynch any mafia players.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
You should check the game as much as possible, inactivity for more then 3-4 days will be punished with a 'death from above' (= inactivity death.)

Posting pm's from the Narrator to you is strictly forbidden. Violation of this rule will lead to direct elimination!!

Since this round hasn't got the whole variation of roles and mostly plain innocents, you are allowed to tell your role anytime you wish without penalties.

See roles for more info about their abilities and restrictions.

ROLES:

Detective

Side: Innocent
Story: Many times over, a single man has destroyed mafia's plans. As many times he has managed to slip past their fingers unharmed. You are the Detective, seeker of ultimate truth and end to mafia's dirty actions. Can you find out the identities of the mafiosos before they get yours?
Description: During each night you may select any one person to investigate and if you survive the night, the Narrator will tell you what their role is. You may send me your PM at any time during the day or night, but the Narrator must receive it by PM before deadline or you will investigate no one. Obviously, it is better if you can wait until night so that you can make the smartest decision.
Equipment: Pencil.
Mission: Find and investigate Mafia members.

Doctor

Story: Before the war between innocents and the mafia, you used to patch up members from both factions. But when you realized that most of the sad cases were caused by the evil mafiosos, you decided to side with innocents, putting yourself on the black list of the mafia in the progress. You might have lost your fancy office and cool X-ray machines, but all you need is bandage and stimpack to keep your loved ones alive.
Description: During each night you may select one person to protect and that person will not die if they are the target of the mafia attack. You may protect yourself if you wish. You can protect somebody from a Mafia/vigilante hit, but not from the town decision's kill. If you haven't sent a PM to narrator about who you want to protect, you will automatically protect yourself.
Equipment: Glasses.
Mission: Protect Innocents. Find and protect Detective and Bulletproof the most.

Ghost

Story: Since childhood you knew you are a bit different than others. Other PSville citizens never liked you. Always you heard comments like: "I see dead people" behind your back. You know that something must be wrong with you. Oh, crap! You just walked thru the wall again. You freak!
Description: Ghost is a special Innocent role, which can be killed like any other Innocent, on same rights, but after death he'll be back from the heaven/hell.
After death, Ghost can not vote in lynching or choosing Mayor, he can't be Mayor himself but his role is revealed. However he's free to post his toughs and hepling Innocents to win. Ghost can't be killed second time, also by Hitman.
Equipment: Candle
Mission: Sacrifice your life if there will be a need.

Bulletproof

Story: Eye of the eagle and ear of the fox. As ex-military from special forces called Prime Sqadron you are always ready for the worst. Thats explain why you are always wearing your kevlar jacket and few granades in your bag.
Description: All the time during the game you are protected by mafia hit. Hovever you are not protected from Hitmans shot. But beware, you can be lynched as anyone else in this town, innocents are counting on you.
Equipment: Kevlar Jacket.
Mission: Survive at least one mafia attack.

Boss

Side: Mafioso
Story: Every group needs a leader, which in this case, is you. You're a notorious fat cat, who has dedicated his life for crime and luxury. Everything would seem to be in your control, if there wasn't those pesky innocents ruining your world.
Description: Boss is a special role that can be appointed by the mafia on 1st night. Like Mayor, he has 1 vote more than the rest, but unlike Mayor, he has it in mafia's own voting who to kill. In other words, Boss's vote is counted as two when mafia plans a hit. The main idea of Boss is to make it easier for mafia to reach majority in what they kill. If mafia feel that someone is or will be rather inactive on 1st night, they can together appoint a Boss. Otherwise there will be no Boss in the game. Boss status cannot be ripped off and there will be no re-election after Boss's death.
Equipment: Signet and Cigar.
Mission: Leading Mafia to victory.

Hitman

Story: You are arguably the most feared of the mafiosos, at least your Desert Eagle is. You are highly respected inside the mafia, but you tend to be arrogant and have made some freelance hits when you have had the time.
Description: Once in the game you can make an extra kill for the mafia. To do this, you must send the Narrator a PM in which you tell who you want to kill. While you can do this at day time, the kill will occure at night phase. However you can't kill person protected by doctor, so choose wisely.
Equipment: Sniper Rifle.
Mission: Search and destory. Target - Bulletproof.

Torturer

Story: You are the last person which simple innocent would like to meet in darkness of night. With ritual scars and eyes of maniac you are deffinately most terryfing mafia member. Always liked to hurt animals huh? You bastard! Well, maybe you are not so evil.. just not understanded artist. That model of Titanic on your desk made from human fingers is preety.
Description: Each night you are able to find one innocent as your new "toy".
Send pm to narrator with information which person you want to torture. Then you will know the identity of selected innocent. Use your knowledge good. Mafia is counting on you!
Equipment: Razors and needles.
Mission: Find all Innocent roles with abilities.

Innocent

Story: Simple, dull and innocent.
Description: If only you had a special ability. Sadly you don't.
Equipment: Bills.
Mission: Survive. Eliminate all Mafia members in self-defence.

Mafioso

Story: Simple, dull and evil.
Description: If only you had a special ability. Sadly you don't.
Equipment: Guns&Knifes
Mission: Eliminate enough innocents to reach majority in lynching.

Mayor

Side: ???
Story: You're a freshly elected mayor with power over the citizens of PSville. Such a charmer, aren't you?
Description: Besides your regular lynch vote, you can send the Narrator a PM, where you tell a name of the person you want to lynch as Mayor. The person you want to vote as Mayor doesn't need to be the same you are really voting.
Equipment: Limo.
Mission: Helping your team/confusing opponents.

====================================================

DIFFERENCES:

Written mostly for players with experience in previous Mafia Game, but newcomers should read also.

In this game:
*Dead Man Topic... IS CLOSED - i found it too dangerous for game stability. Dead players are helping their teams. So if you are dead, mean you are dead for good! And you'll be allowed to post again only after game end. (Exeption - Ghost).
* Too lazy to check how it was - Now Ghost AFTER his death can't vote for Mayor. He also can't be choosen as one.
* Those roles are posted FOR NOW. around 10-12 players. If there will be more players, I'LL EDIT THIS TOPIC, and eventuall I'LL ADD MORE ROLES. (like Bulletproff ,Prostitute etc)
*If Mafia won't send me adress of their secret forum at first day, or majority of Mafiosi won't pm same target name, noone will die!
*NO MPDP/Wildcard.
*Prey to me as Your new God-Imperator. My word is absolutelly final.

DON'T PLAY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME!

====================================================

(minimum players number is 8, maximum 20)

List of current participants:
1-Neji
2-Fantomok
3-Harpix
4-Saukko
5-Davies
6-Mefistio Srefisto
7-Blazing
8-Skippy
9-IceCream
10-Golden
11-Timon
12-Johnnei
13-Ammz Super Nab
14.-Dutchnab
15.-Flower
16.-Flow

Spectators for now:
-Garfield
-Samurai
-gOKU

Subscription will end.... 28.03.2010, at 23.59 :wink:
Last edited by Daghel on Sun Mar 28, 2010 20:20, edited 16 times in total.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Veteran

Postby fantomas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 0:55

Yep fomok ... :)

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:03

Is Daghel the new narrator? Oh nooos! Even when I m totally drunk this doesn't sound like a good idea! But I ll join to support my game any way...

I'm not gonna type much more since I me having a hard time writing this shit...

Love ya :) & let's hope I wont have a hangover tomorrow :s
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:46

I'm in.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:25

Daghel as Narrator 8O
First night:
Atom Bomb falls down on PS-Ville.
Only the mighty Narrator stays alive
Daghels wins

Or something like that :lol:

anywayzzz, I'm in !
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Mefisto » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:45

There was couple o brave man which wanna save PStown but The Ring back to The Dagzor!!!

And everybody live long and happy ? schould be sth like this???

Sign me in but i noticed that on weekends will be lees active than in midle week :* my master
ImageImage
`` I`m not full of fear 'cause I`m not really here I`m nowhere near here ...``
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... iia/simple come back to WoW Dagtard :)

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:58

i was waiting for this 1:)

count me in

thanks diamond:)

Talented Spammer

Postby Skippy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:37

Haven't played for a while. ;)
Count me in.

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:27

well, that would mean I am in :D
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:54

I think I don't have time to join this game, but don't remove my access to mafia forum because i want to keep an eye on this. :)

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 13:46

Oh what the heck. Join me in.
No more exams or school so lots of time to play play and play!

And for once Im not narrating :D

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Fri Mar 26, 2010 13:58

davies wrote:Atom Bomb falls down on PS-Ville.
Only the mighty Narrator stays alive
Daghels wins

Pffff!
You know me too good :o

10 plyers after first day, nice. If there will be more, lets say 12+, i'll add more roles.

Veteran

Postby Timon » Fri Mar 26, 2010 15:08

Ready for action!

Timpim in!

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Fri Mar 26, 2010 15:25

Hey , is it possible to get acces to view this game on the forum ? :D because i would like to join but im would like to see how its going first on that special forum topic ;) . So i can join and/or make less mistakes next game :)
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Fri Mar 26, 2010 15:32

Samuraii wrote:Hey , is it possible to get acces to view this game on the forum ? :D because i would like to join but im would like to see how its going first on that special forum topic ;) . So i can join and/or make less mistakes next game :)

Errmm... i don't really get what you mean.
You want to join the game or you just want to spec it?
In first option you are of course free to join, as player you'll get full access to mafia the game forum, including previous games. About following game but not playing im not really convinced, since i know players are talking between themselves via xfire for example. And someone could ask you for opinion/advice, and that would be unfair.

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 16:38

well, I would not know why someone playing (so with experience) would ask someone with less experience what to do :P

imo, Samurai, you should just play :D
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Spam Kid

Postby johnnei » Fri Mar 26, 2010 17:14

Yay! I wanna try again (and hopefully life a bit longer) :D

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 19:46

Daghel at least I have let some people who are not in the game to spec as long as they dont post anything in public. Just let Samurai see the past games and how they went. He can then decide wether he wants to join or not.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:56

OKi
Two days left for subscription!
I think we will start at monday, evening.
Game will begin from one short day phase as prologue (24h).
During that time all players should send me pm's with their votes about mayor election. And its highly recomend for future mafia members to send me link to their secret forum :wink:

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:47

*runs exhausted to the subscription desk*
"Phew! Can't believe you all forgot me!"
*signs up quickly with a sexy signature*

"Alright people, ready to get your assed owned by Ammz the Ammzinator?"

Wooooot :party: :banana:
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Spam King

Postby -Neji- » Sat Mar 27, 2010 18:01

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :x :banana: :banana:

Great lets kill em all ^^.

I can't let you scream

Official Member

Postby Dutchman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 19:05

mememe

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Mar 28, 2010 15:37

Last day for subscription!!!
Hurry up.

*Two roles has been added - Bulletproof and Torturer.
Description of all roles was edited.

Tommorow Beggining! 16.00 GMT+1

(around,+/-, when i'll wake up)

If someone still can't see mafia forum, please let me know.

Any questions during the game:
Here

Or send me pm at forum, xfire eventually: -|PS|-Daghel

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Sun Mar 28, 2010 18:45

Flower told me that he want to join :D

Spam God

Postby flow » Sun Mar 28, 2010 20:17

Im in too :)
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Return to General Discussion