Mafia Game 10: Time to play!

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Spam God

Mafia Game 10: Time to play!

Postby IceCreamy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 22:52

Yes, correct, the one creating the subscription topic is also the Narrator! That means, that I will be the next Narrator :) However, before Mafia Game 1 started, there has been decided that mod rights will not be given to non-PS members. Therefore, I will write the stories, hand out the roles etc., but Timon will open and lock topics for me. Also he will create the new topic, and he will edit posts if that turns out to be necessary.

Some quotes from last game, showing why you really should join:

V586!

Anyway was a really good game, Mafia did great and with a bit of luck, dominated the game!

Hehe, great story for the end of the show! :D

So far a short intro and explanation from me, on to the facts. I am sorry that those posts are always long, but you should put in a little effort to read it all when you are a new player :)

Anyways, last game was won by the mafia, time for revenge innocents...

Remember that WE ONLY WANT ACTIVE PLAYERS
So be prepared to visit the game at least twice per day!

But what the hell is it? - You ask. Here comes an explanation.

The Mafia Game is a Forum game, meaning the game takes place on this forum by replying and reading topics. You will either play role as one of the good guys (innocents) trying to vote out the bad guys (mafia) or vice versa.

For those who have NEVER played the game (or still do not understand its fanciness), try to summarize some of the text below in your head.

--------------------------------------
The Roles of the Mafia Game

Each player of this game gets assigned a role which they are to play.
The role is received by PM from the Narrator (admin) of the game.
Your role is only for you to know and NO ONE ELSE!

The Innocent roles

Detective (1)
Every night, you can send me a PM including a name of a person you want to investigate, and I will send you a PM back telling the role of that person. Make the right decisions, and don't let everyone know your role! It just might get you killed during one night...

Doctor (1)
Each night, you can protect someone from the regular mafia kill. Send me a PM with a name of a person you want to protect that night. You can also protect yourself if you wish, but make the right decisions, and innocents will win this game easily!

Bulletproof (1)
You can NOT be killed by the mafia, the Hitman and the Vigilante. Your only threats are the towns vote and the Prostitute, if you evade them you will survive until the end of the game! Let's just hope that will be enough...

Vigilante (1)
Once in the game, during the night, you can send me a PM with a name of a person you want to kill. Use your ability well, or you might even kill an innocent!

Alchemist (1)
Whenever you want, you may choose ONE of the following abilities. If you use one, the others will be forever gone, and you cannot use them anymore.

Truth Elixir - he will get the role of his target. (without any other information, like when and on who he used abilities)
Love Elixir - He can convince one innocent with it that he's innocent. Of course, with bad luck he'll give his role to mafia...
Elixir of Camouflage - something like self-forger, but at innocents side. He can choose that his role after death will be revealed by narrator as any role, alive or dead role.

Stranger (1)
Not one person can use his ability on you! If one person tries it however, he will get a message saying: It is impossible to use abilities on this person. The person using the ability on you will therefore know what role you have, but he can use his ability on someone else later in the game.

GraveDigger (1)
Once in the game, you can check if the Forger has used his ability. You will find out, and it will be made public by the Narrator. Just send me a PM when you want to use your ability, and I will do it :)

Innocent Bystander (1)
Once in the game, you can stumble into a mafia meeting. Just send me a PM and you will use your ability in that night. If the mafia don't plan to do ANYTHING that night, you ability is forever gone. So, better choose wisely!

Channeler (1)
Every night, you can send me a PM telling me who you want to contact the day after. I will send a PM to that person, and that person can tell what he wants. You may choose the same person over and over if you like.

Masons (2)
You are part of an old clan, which only has 2 members left today. Once in the game, you and your partner can invite one other person. That person can be innocent or mafia, but I sure hope for you that person is innocent...

You are allowed to have contact with the other Mason outside the regular topic on the sub-forum.

Lawyer (1)
Every day, you can cancel one vote against someone. You may change you target as much as you like. But be careful, you could just as well save a mafioso from death! Use your ability well.

Celebrity (1)
You can tell you role to everyone, only during day time. Just send me a PM at any time, and I will announce that you are the Celebrity.

Ghost (1)
Since you are already dead, you can't die again. If someone kills you, or if you get lynched, you will forever lose your ability to vote, but you can still speak as much as you like.

PIMP (1)
You will know when Prostitute uses her ability. If the Prostitute uses her ability on you, she will die. Now let's hope you are still alive when Prostitute uses her ability...

Construction Worker (1)
Once in the game, you can send me a PM telling that you want to destroy the house of one mafioso. If one uses his ability, he will be stopped, and that night he cannot use his ability. If it was a one-time-use ability he will lose it.

Fireman (1)
Every night, you can send me a PM with a name of a person you would like to protect from getting hit by the Pyro. You are also allowed to protect yourself, but you cannot protect anyone sequently.

Procurator (1)
Once in the game, you can send me a PM with a name of a person that you would like to tell his role in public. I will announce the role and the name of that person, so everyone knows what role he has. But, be careful, you might hit an important innocent role, and that would mean trouble for you and the other innocents!

Journalist (1)
Every night, you can send me 3 questions to be answered by 1 person. At least one of those questions must be answered with the truth. In the beginning this might seem stupid and useless, but in the end of the game it will probably be really clear to you who is mafia and who is innocent!

Barman (1)
Once in the game, you can make someone drunk so that person's plan for that night will be stopped. You can stop that person, or alter his target. Be careful, because you might change the target of an innocent for another innocent!

The mafia roles:

Hitman:
Once in the game, you can send me a PM of a person you would like to kill. That person will die, unless you hit the Bulletproof.

Since you are mafia, you have some other trusted people who work for the Godfather.

Forger:
Once in the game, you can forge the death of someone. You can make anyone who died that night or day, appear to have another role. Your forgery will be found out when the GraveDigger uses his ability, so be careful!

Night:
1. You make all decisions about who you kill, what abilities do you use. This concerns ALL of you.
2. Once you made decisions about ALL of your actions I'm giving you the identity of the person who you're going to kill so that the Forger (and you helping him) can decide if you want to use his ability or not.
3. After I tell you the identity you are NOT allowed to change ANY actions you've decided to perform at this night. That would be unfair if you could change the target once you know who is who.
4. Forger is doing his job or not.
5. I post a story and we have a day phase again.

Day:
It goes similar with a lynch:
1. Somebody has got majority against him and the deadline is reached.
2. I lock the topic so nothing can be changed.
3. I tell you the identity of the lynched player.
4. You decided if you want to use Forger 's ability or not.
5. Story comes and night begins.

If it's possible I would like somebody of you to post here a message which will say: "All decisions made" or something like this so that I know I can ask about Forger.

Once one of you post that words and if it happens that you intend to kill somebody who is immune (Bulletproof for example) you will NOT get his identity, but a message that he will survive the night.

I know it might be hard for you but it's necessary. This system prevents you from getting too much info.

Since you are mafia, you have some other trusted people who work for the Godfather.

Briber:
Every night, you can bribe a role that sends a PM to me. That role will NOT be used that night, and if the person with that role decided to use his ability it will be lost.

List of roles that can be bribed:

Detective, Doctor, Vigilante, Construction Worker and Fireman. You may also bribe mafia roles, but that would be stupid (I think :P)

Prostitute:
Once in the game, you can send me a PM during the night with a name of a person you would like to infect with HIV. That person will forever lose his ability. But watch out, the PIMP will notice you, and if you use your ability on him, you will even die!

Torturer:
Once in the game, you can send me a PM during the night with a name of a person you would like to torture. You will know the role of that person, but everyone will know that that person is innocent.

Pyro:
Every night, you have two possibilities:

1. You can burn down someone's house, to make him unable to vote, but able to speak.
2. You can burn down someone's house, to make him unable to speak, but able to vote.

You may not use your ability twice on one night, or use your ability twice in a row on the same person. Example:

In night 1 you send PM to Narrator, saying: I want to make IceCreamy unable to speak.
In night 2 you may not use either ability on IceCreamy.
In night 3 you send PM to Narrator, saying: I want to make IceCreamy unable to vote.
In the rest of the nights, you cannot use your ability on IceCreamy anymore.

Secret role:

Mayor (1)
Every day, you can send me a PM with a name of someone you would like to add a vote against. You can change your vote as many times as you want. But choose wisely, you could just as well kill an innocent with your extra vote!

And these are the roles that will almost certainly be in Mafia Game 10! For the ones who can count, that is 20 vs 6. There are plenty of other roles used through the previous games, but if I would post all of them here it wouldn't fit in one post :P They can all be found in the sub-forum.

Don't worry! Once the registration is over, number of players is known and roles are picked, I'll wait for some time so You can read every description in mafia forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ye, fine, but I can't enter mafia forum! Again no worries! After the registration is over You will get access to mafia forum and You'll be able to get familiar with the game.

Ok, I know the roles, but how do you actually play this stuff?

Play proceeds as follows:

Each participant gets their role assigned via PM. Mafia players are advised who the other mafioso are. Mafia players are permitted to interact with each other via PM, innocents may only interact in public on the posted thread. Mafia players will, of course, also post on the public thread as well.

The game has 2 phases, "night" and "day". The first day will last for 24 hours (since usually there is no majority anyways). The first night will be 48 hours (so that mafia can organize). The rest of the days will take 72 hours, the rest of the nights will take 24 hours.

During the "night" phase of the game, the mafia will send me PMs indicating which innocent they intend to kill during that round of play. The mafia's victim will be selected by majority vote. If they are dumb enough not to have a majority in their PMs, then no innocent will be killed on that turn. However it might happen that other roles actions will prevent mafia from doing their kill. For example: mafia will fail to kill somebody protected by the Doctor. Roles which can use their abilities may send their PMs both at night and during the day. Effects which should be shown to publicity will be included in stories posted at the beginning of every phase.

Once I posted the results of the PMs, the "day" phase of the game begins. During the day phase, the players who are still alive discuss who they think might be a mafioso and vote for someone to kill. The mafioso are posing as innocents during the day and they also vote with the innocents. A majority of votes is required to reach a decision. If there are 15 people alive, then 8 people must vote for the same person in order to "lynch" that person. When that person is lynched, I will reveal if he was innocent or mafia and we will begin the cycle again from the top.

Once a player is "dead", he can no longer post anything of substance to the thread. Exception is a Ghost role but it's not sure thing that it will take part in the upcoming game.

If there is a channeler:
Dead can't send any messages through mod without channelers approving.

PMs of the moderator are for your eyes and your eyes only!
Do not post them anywhere and do NOT show them to any one! Violation of this rule leads to instant kill in the game.

In the contrary:
- Unnecessary role revelation will result in instant DEATH! This means telling your role/lying you role without being getting voted out by majority is NOT ALLOWED.
- You ARE ALLOWED to tell/lie your role if you are being voted out by majority (>50% of votes are to lynch you out). I will announce that in the topic.

The game ends when the innocents have lynched all the mafia players or the mafia have killed enough innocents that the innocents can no longer gather enough votes to lynch any mafia players.

Phew...You've gone through all this text at last. You know the rules and you are eager to play.

Now it is time to join!

I don't know how long the registration will take (1 week approximately). The beginning of the game depends on your (and my :P) free time which some claim to have very little. For me we can start even today because I've got all prepared already :)

ALL OF THE ABOVE IS DISCUSSABLE IN THE SUB-FORUM! THAT MEANS, NOT HERE!

List of players: (will be edited when you subscribe)

Code: Select all
- Timon
- Spyhawk
- Saukko
- Flow
- FlowerPower
- Falbik
- Davies
- Harpix
- Garfield
- -Neji-
- Paco
- Dutchman
- Vince
- Fantomas
- Wazzup
- Ammz

Counter: 16 people so far! (I am aiming for about 18-25 people, more would get boring over time)

Any questions about your role, other roles or the game itself go to me, you can contact me at Skype (IceCreamChris). Of course you may also send me a PM in forums (IceCreamy). If you really must, you can also send me an e-mail. ( chris_bakker8@hotmail.com ) You can contact me at MSN with the same e-mail address.

The game will probably start with mayor voting on Saturday, the 5th of September.
Last edited by IceCreamy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 18:58, edited 11 times in total.
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:04

so count me in :D

V586!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:43

I ll give it one more chance...
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 13:03

Harpix wrote:I ll give it one more chance...

Glad that you join, I think that I have a nice surprise for you :)

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Fri Aug 28, 2009 19:55

IceCreamy wrote:

hmmmmm :? .... giv him new special rolez ? ^^
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Fri Aug 28, 2009 20:43

I I captain.

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 20:44

FALBIK wrote:
IceCreamy wrote:

Yes, super protection from everything :)

No joke, you will see when we will start new game :)

Spam God

Postby flow » Fri Aug 28, 2009 21:05

sudden death for harpix??
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Fri Aug 28, 2009 21:32

IceCreamy wrote:
FALBIK wrote:
IceCreamy wrote:

Counting on it! :wink:

Spam King

s

Postby -Neji- » Fri Aug 28, 2009 22:37

Count neji in mate ;D

I can't let you scream

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 22:41

Harpix wrote:
IceCreamy wrote:
FALBIK wrote:
IceCreamy wrote:

Counting on it! :wink:

Oh great, now no one will play because they know already that they can never kill you...

Maybe I should give torturer extra ability to torture:

1. once in the game you can torture who you want
2. all the other times Harpix will be tortured

:D

Official Member

Postby paco » Sat Aug 29, 2009 0:33

add me again on mafia ferryboat :>

8) Paco 8)

Veteran

Postby Timon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:42

Me in...

Pfff I'm already on the list :loller:

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:53

Timon wrote:Me in...

Pfff I'm already on the list :loller:

of course, people who sent me a PM were already on the list :P

spaaaaam :D

Official Member

Postby Dutchman » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:27

meeeeeeeee

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 20:59

small announcement, edited also in first post:

The game will probably start with mayor voting on Saturday, the 5th of September. That means that you guys have exactly ONE week to subscribe from now on.

I wait for you :)

Spam Kid

Postby Vince » Sat Aug 29, 2009 22:14

i'll play too

Veteran

Postby fantomas » Sun Aug 30, 2009 16:43

yep me in...
kill kill
I have a new translator

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Sun Aug 30, 2009 22:29

fantomas wrote:yep me in...
kill kill

Hellllluuuuupp!!!!!!
Fomokslord will own our asses!

:party: :party: :party:

Talented Spammer

Postby Wazzup » Wed Sep 02, 2009 13:25

Timon wrote:Join or I wil burn your house!

Seems that i have no choice :<
Sign me up

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 13:36

Wazzup wrote:
Timon wrote:Join or I wil burn your house!

Seems that i have no choice :<
Sign me up

:rofl: but I will write :P anyways, Saturday game starts, so still some time left for people to join :)

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 18:24

I'm in.
Seems like it's gonna be a 18 player game? :P
Interesting :wink:
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 18:57

Ammz wrote:I'm in.
Seems like it's gonna be a 18 player game? :P
Interesting :wink:

I was already thinking, mafia game without Ammz?\

And i dont mind a little less people :)

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Thu Sep 03, 2009 0:42

And the Nab Master of Universe isn't going to play this time??

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54

ok, let's make some stuff clear.

1. This topic will remain open until Saturday, at around 19.00 it will close.
2. In the mean time, mayor voting will start.
3. So, if you still want to join and vote for mayor, I suggest you hurry up before its too late :wink:

For now I will try to find out what roles I should and what roles I should not add.

Next

Return to General Discussion