#ET is alive

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Bronze Star

#ET is alive

Postby GokuSan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31

Have you ever dreamt of having an IRC channel on Quakenet for everything related with our beloved game - Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory? We were always wondering why channel like this has never existed...

Almost every ET-Player uses IRC or has used it, or leave their offline BNC there till the next time they return. Most of us have our favorite channels that we join each time we connect to QuakeNet, but has there ever been this one channel to unite the community? That focus everyone in one place! Active players, members of the community no longer playing, moviemakers, simple Crossfire/GamesTV users, Public scene from all mods and so on.

We all usually create our teams' IRC channels with ".et" at the end. So why shouldn't we have a main channel for W:ET, welcoming all in our community?

What could be the benefits of joining this channel?
  • The entire ET community would be in one place.
  • If you have an issue to some player, you don't need to struggle with finding him over IRC anymore because you can easily find him on this channel.
  • You are new in Enemy Territory world and need some tips from other more experienced players? Don't hesitate and just ask!
  • You need piece of advice about Enemy Territory? For example about running a clan, a tournament or just need some tips about ET gameplay? You can just ask for a help on a main channel.
  • You are struggling with some problem concerning installation of ET or some cfg problems or whatever? You can just ask now.
  • You are in a middle of the game and you need a merc because somebody had to leave? It's no problem now because you have everyone in one place and you can just ask for a merc on a main channel.
  • We’re going to host some sort of cups (ODC in both 3v3/6v6, longer cups etc)

We could go on and on for hours as these are just few examples of the benefit of this channel, because we think we can add anything related to ET to that list!
Also we want to highlight right now, that we will not try to replace any of #XonX.et channels, because they will always be the main channels for Enemy Territory, especially #6on6.et as it's the main format of this game.
It is not our intention to replace them with one channel (like few guys have already tried), our main goal with this channel is to focus whole community in one place. It might be a great idea, especially now when the community is smaller than ever.

We are also planning to release a new version of ET Pack 2013 and it should be available soon.

The main admins of this channel so far will be:Upcoming event
We are currently working on hosting some high quality tournament for our beloved Enemy Territory community. We still need to improve and discuss some things about the idea so an official announcement will be posted soon, stay tuned and remember to idle #et !

Banner created by Image samAel
#et

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 16:13

lol goku i thought you were inactive, son!

what you're really doing is creating yet another #crossfire chan ... but well, gl ;>

btw u no op on this channel? :P
Image Thx Talib :> | (old one) (old one #2) Thx to falb :>.

Spam Pro

Postby CALLEJON » Tue Jan 15, 2013 16:19

nice effort to post this here goku!

i hope some people here will appreciate and will test it out.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 16:26

I am not part of the admin team, I am just sharing the info around and helping here and there ;-)

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 17:37

The post is originally by Fanatic: THIS ONE

So well all I can say is, nothing because it is 1) shown on the mainpage and 2) it is very impolite not to quote such text and keep it as it would be your own.

But well the idea merging all the IRC channels into one big one has its good sides but since I am not familiar with IRC or whatsoever, I can't say much. It isn't so important topic of discussion among public server players like me. All I have heard that players who play ETPro used to use it but not someone from public mods like NQ or JayMod. But good for those who use it, I guess.

- Plastic Jesus
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby Death » Tue Jan 15, 2013 20:00

goku pls :D

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Spam Pro

Postby CALLEJON » Tue Jan 15, 2013 21:12

Plastic_Jesus wrote:

So well all I can say is, nothing because it is 1) shown on the mainpage and 2) it is very impolite not to quote such text and keep it as it would be your own.

But well the idea merging all the IRC channels into one big one has its good sides but since I am not familiar with IRC or whatsoever, I can't say much. It isn't so important topic of discussion among public server players like me. All I have heard that players who play ETPro used to use it but not someone from public mods like NQ or JayMod. But good for those who use it, I guess.

- Plastic Jesus

srsly wtf is wrong with u, stop that whining already.
noone cares who posted this first. goku is so inactive here but still stops by to share this information.

and sup with ur pic? few days ago there was some random newb who couldnt even find the search button for the forum.. so just another good reason to post it here.

and when i read the rest of ur post, it seems to me that u didnt understand anything. The post of fanatic clearly speaks about the WHOLE et community.
u are so closed minded and being such an ego, always thinking ur words count for the whole ps/nq community.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 22:58

Someone ban this troll lol

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21

CALLEJON wrote:
Plastic_Jesus wrote:

- Plastic Jesus

srsly wtf is wrong with u, stop that whining already.
noone cares who posted this first. goku is so inactive here but still stops by to share this information.

and sup with ur pic? few days ago there was some random newb who couldnt even find the search button for the forum.. so just another good reason to post it here.

and when i read the rest of ur post, it seems to me that u didnt understand anything. The post of fanatic clearly speaks about the WHOLE et community.
u are so closed minded and being such an ego, always thinking ur words count for the whole ps/nq community.

calle that random newbie was me:D

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:45

CALLEJON wrote:and when i read the rest of ur post, it seems to me that u didnt understand anything. The post of fanatic clearly speaks about the WHOLE et community.

Well then you have totally misunderstood my post. As I said in my post, I am not familiar with IRC. And something what I didn't say was that the topic is talking about the whole ET community. Of course I read the original topic in crossfire, so I was aware of this fact. But the thing I meant in my first post is that, not many knows IRC or uses it and I was saying that ETPro players might know it a bit better than a public player like me.

CALLEJON wrote:noone cares who posted this first.

Well then again you didn't even read my post, just saying.
So obviously you think I am picking a fight here which is not true. I am just pointing out something I saw uncomfortable and at the same time I also told my opinion about the subject itself. I really do not see anything wrong in that.

CALLEJON wrote:u are so closed minded and being such an ego, always thinking ur words count for the whole ps/nq community.

This is something I won't much discuss about since I see it offending, because my posts never meant to be anything that I would talk for the whole community. Well simply, I can't judge your opinion that much, it is your point of view. But I am ego? Simply, not, even it may look like that.

Anyway it is better to keep it ontopic before this topic turns to a flaming topic.

- Plastic Jesus
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Return to General Discussion