Getting ETPro publicity

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Spam Kid

Getting ETPro publicity

Postby iZver » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:40

I understand there already was a ETWar server. But there is some details I do not know.

Was this a private war server? Did you ivnite people? Who played there?

I have a suggestion, that you reopen the ETpro server (provided you have the resources) And let teams organise mathes there. Allow them customs server configs, and get some scheduals. And invite ETpro teams.

With some luck we could get regular ETpro matches at PS. Than get some slots for spectators only.

Maybe people would come and watch the matches. Getting additional players and members.

Maybe later a PS league?

I think that ETpro aspect hasn't been developed enough here.

Again, same as PS6, I don't know all the details, so I could be wrong. But from what reaidng I've done, thats how much I undertsand. :)

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:49

We have PS server #7, running ETPro.

Spam God

Postby flow » Fri Feb 12, 2010 13:07

imo PS is kind a "fun" community, they dont play for skills etc, so thats why most servers are noquarter...
but PS have etpro server (prime squadron #7), where is possible to change settings with command...either trickjump settings or war settings...

and PS had scrim team called psc, but i dont know why it is closed, maybe bc of psc members inactivity...

Maybe later a PS league?

well imo that would be nice :)
LL had 1 in last year too and 2nd was in plan but bc of inactivity it didnt get done...
but that 1st tournament/league was pretty nice :)
even that it was 1vs1 tournament where we looked who is LL servers best player in etpro :D:D

but it could be transfated to exsample 3vs3 or 5vs5 tournaments but imo PS funwar is same like that ;)

so 1vs1 would be best opinion as new "league" ;)
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Spam Kid

Postby iZver » Fri Feb 12, 2010 18:55

A PS7 server exists?

Already the fact that I haven't heard of it means a lot.

If it exists, we could/sould push it. Of course PS is not a clan. But some competitive players, servers never do bad. A place where players can go and truly show off their might.

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri Feb 12, 2010 20:18

iZver wrote:A PS7 server exists?

Already the fact that I haven't heard of it means a lot.

If it exists, we could/sould push it. Of course PS is not a clan. But some competitive players, servers never do bad. A place where players can go and truly show off their might.

Maybe you should have a look at this site:
http://et.rapidhail.pl/

Here you can see all servers + all online players atm you're watching it ;)

Server High Admin

Postby Oxyg3n » Fri Feb 12, 2010 21:10

Thoug the idea seems nice, it's a huge work and the possibility of success are slim.
The remaining etpro players are few and already have their main servers to play on, and bringing noquarter players to etpro seems to me a desperate idea, PS7 is mostly empty and our only server with some etpro-like settings (ps2) hasn't a lot of regulars, this news could remain popular for a few weeks, but i fear that it will end soon as it will become routine.

Spam King

Postby Scary » Fri Feb 12, 2010 22:24

And by the way PS7 is most of the time with tj cfg. U need someone with ref rights to change cfgs.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Fri Feb 12, 2010 23:06

the point is (what i mentioned allready several times), that there are huge lags cause of the running punkbuster at ps 7, which makes no sense for me, since all our other servers run without pb as well.
thats why i usually just play at PS 2 (NQ) or on my priv server, if etpro (= no lags, stable fps). else i would support PS 7 as well from time to time.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Spam King

Postby Scary » Fri Feb 12, 2010 23:36

Ye i know that in reality we cant get PS etpro obj server :? But it sounds soo nice....etpro but with PS peeps:>

Spam God

Postby -Gighen- » Fri Feb 12, 2010 23:58

dunno if Izver's idea is realizable or not.. it is not my work for now.. but HA's work...
anyway i like Izver idea... some battle, match.. or maybe a league with good players in a ET Pro server.... great idea!!!

but i repeat.. realizavle or not.. is not my work....

-Gighen-

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sat Feb 13, 2010 0:10

I think the highest goal that we can reach is giving our regular players the oppurtunity to play in ETpro. I am not experienced in it, but getting new players in a ETpro server somehow looks to be harder than getting them in NQservers (for example PS2). I doubt this goal is reachable.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server High Admin

Postby lis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:33

+ icy

also: etpro = war = private scrim servers. public etpro in the community style as we know it here doesn't really exist. mostly because the logistics of etpro war gaming requires and desires another setup, both socially and in terms of infrastructure.

other than that, there's plenty of etpro gaming/active players with experience in and around PS, you just don't see it on the public front.

but yeah, getting rid of the pb on ps7 would be a step in the right direction.

Return to Enemy Territory Talk