What is TJ?

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Official Member

What is TJ?

Postby deep » Thu Jan 21, 2010 21:35

i've found lots of tj related nonsense talks on servers lately, and wanted to clear few things:

what is tj?

tj'ing is bunnyhopping (jumping right after landing), which generates speed after each jump -thats what it means, and nothing else. so jumping a gamma, a wall in oasis or jumping on land to get speed is exactly the same, just in a different environment.

what is tj for obj?

according to PS, tj'ing for obj means: getting to obj, in a way u shouldn't get to. and thats where ppl fail. atm ppl get the idea from rulebook, that tj'ing for obj is also nading for obj or double jumping for obj and so on, which r false statements.

u may think now that "tj for obj" has a new distorted meaning, and its fine with u. but just keep in mind what tj really is, coz u might find urself as a laughingstock in front of tj'ers xD.

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Thu Jan 21, 2010 21:45

Also an unclear thing for me about TJing on ps-server(s) is:

situation : Jumping over the wall which has to be dynamited (can be done by a single jump)

Website Moderator

Re: What is TJ?

Postby icefrost » Thu Jan 21, 2010 21:47

Diamond wrote:i've found lots of tj related nonsense talks on servers lately, and wanted to clear few things:

what is tj?

tj'ing is bunnyhopping (jumping right after landing), which generates speed after each jump -thats what it means, and nothing else. so jumping a gamma, a wall in oasis or jumping on land to get speed is exactly the same, just in a different environment.

what is tj for obj?

according to PS, tj'ing for obj means: getting to obj, in a way u shouldn't get to. and thats where ppl fail. atm ppl get the idea from rulebook, that tj'ing for obj is also nading for obj or double jumping for obj and so on, which r false statements.

u may think now that "tj for obj" has a new distorted meaning, and its fine with u. but just keep in mind what tj really is, coz u might find urself as a laughingstock in front of tj'ers xD.

+1

@ samu: that's not allowed neighter, since it gives u a advantage and the dynamiting-wall-part makes nonsense then.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Jan 21, 2010 23:12

Samuraii wrote:Also an unclear thing for me about TJing on ps-server(s) is:

situation : Jumping over the wall which has to be dynamited (can be done by a single jump)

why is there a need to ask some1 what is right, when its clearly written in rulebook. honestly i dont get that. there are no questionable "tj for obj" spots.

common sense

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Thu Jan 21, 2010 23:55

Diamond wrote:why is there a need to ask some1 what is right, when its clearly written in rulebook. honestly i dont get that. there are no questionable "tj for obj" spots.

common sense

Maybe because I've seen admins using it and other people? Which are also telling me because its a single jump its allowed.

Comon and don't act overreacted like im stupid and can't read and can't think clearly :D . I just want to know answers to questions which are in my opinion unclear. :)
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Official Member

Postby deep » Fri Jan 22, 2010 0:26

ja sry forgot to add a smile

in that map its same as in oasis. if med jumps- no big buzz, if engi jumps for obj- then not allowed. common sense + rulebook. ppl who dont know how its right, dont know the rulebook correctly. its same like the "is this part still in spawn?" questions.

Talented Spammer

Postby Rafaello » Thu Feb 11, 2010 0:39

Join a Trickjump server and you know what TJ is :P

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21

why spam?

Spam Kid

Postby iZver » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:51

So, to clarify:

One can doublejump to gather speed, one can double jump to throw nades over a wall or an obstacle, but one cannot double jump, to get to a flag/objective. You can however double jump, and throw nade to the objective? Correct?

Veteran

Postby Scuba_Steve » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:35

iZver wrote:So, to clarify:

One can doublejump to gather speed, one can double jump to throw nades over a wall or an obstacle, but one cannot double jump, to get to a flag/objective. You can however double jump, and throw nade to the objective? Correct?

If i'm correct, you're allowed to double jump in any way, Over a wall into a base is allowed. But if you're going for an objective related thing. Planting dynamite,Stealing gold etc etc. You're not allowed to jump for only the objective.

Imo, a Soldier is allowed to double jump over the Fuel Dump wall since he can't do any objective related damage besides killing his enemys. For an Engineer it's different. Besides the possibility the Engineer kills the enemy when he Trickjumps over the wall. He can also plant the dynamite and blow up the objective, making the Allied forces win.

I think the difference lies there,

Official Member

Postby on1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 18:15

I dont get it....Press L look at obj...do in order....u will enjoy the map :D

As for TJ if u get to an obj by bypassing another its TJ...some exceptions im sure Cov ops ect:roll:

Happy fragging :banana:

Official Member

Postby Mefisto » Thu Feb 11, 2010 18:42

as i correctly understand Diamond made this topic becuse He wanna make for some players more clearly what is it TJ. As He sayed TJ in real meaning of this word is jumping and getting more speed. As i know a lot of people also called normally double jumps TJ, what is not correctly. DJ imo is part of game, added in nq mods. which admins can disabled by changing cfg on server.

So I agree whit Diamond that`s called DJ -> TJ is not in 100% correctly. TJ depends of the skills, special personal settings what have player. Thats is real meaning Trick Jumping. And i think about that case was this whole Topic.

As we also know, a lot of ppl when see cheating man making DJ for objective, start screamind that He is doing TJ. Case is simply here, They are just wrong in name this situation, cuz DJ is not TJ but BOTH are forbidden on the server. So imo is not important who how called it, important is who and how propably break rules.
Admins dont care its DJ, TJ they just react in this situations.

Everything is in Rulebook, clear and simply.
ImageImage
`` I`m not full of fear 'cause I`m not really here I`m nowhere near here ...``
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... iia/simple come back to WoW Dagtard :)

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Feb 11, 2010 19:48

mef gets the idea :P.

on1, scuba etc. maybe read the first post before stating your offtopic opinion, thank you.

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 20:57

The rules are not made for Trickjump servers. So the "Forbidden Trick jump" means "bypass objective for another objective".
Examples: oasis wall, seawall without this wood construction, blow up fueldump without damaged defence walls.

If a covert ops open a door to let teammates in, its not forbidden. Doors are made to be open from disguised enemys (because map designers can decide to disable it: f.e. some doors in paris bastille).

Veteran

Postby Scuba_Steve » Fri Feb 12, 2010 13:49

Diamond wrote:mef gets the idea :P.

on1, scuba etc. maybe read the first post before stating your offtopic opinion, thank you.

Maybe read my post to see my point of view on Trickjumping, before stating your offtopic comment, thank you.

Official Member

Postby on1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 15:38

Diamond wrote:mef gets the idea :P.

just my 2 cent...take it or leave it :D :banana:

Return to Enemy Territory Talk