Country Funwar?

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Spam Kid

Country Funwar?

Postby Bagerro » Mon Mar 09, 2009 20:14

I thought about an event on PS, mayby on Eastern :?: . Some time ago there were lot players from PL and it was enought to create an team. It was really fun to have all in one team playing vs rest :D

If someone still didnt got the point of the topic :PT he idea is to take an tournament with teams only from the same country.

Hope there wasn't any such idea earlier on forum (i searched and didn't found anything) :roll:

Spam Kid

Postby jamisflawless » Mon Mar 09, 2009 20:16

Sounds great, a bit like CB NC, tho just not as *beep* up as it is these days ! :D

Would be cool, I'm definetly in if there's going to be one - can even start organizing it.

Say hello to FINLAND ! :twisted:

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Mar 09, 2009 20:34

Think it's good idea.
But you need time and cooperation of an server owner.
Also you need enough players from every country.
Like big problems are Poland vs America. There are only like 3 American players and 30 polish players...

games like poland vs deutschland or vs Holland or something are ok but you need to keep the teams fair.
Also you need 2 referees. 1 for each team.

you need good frag maps. no obj maps.

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Server High Admin

oh

Postby Betinho » Mon Mar 09, 2009 20:41

oh nice idea, but i need a new nation for play :P . But thinking, my grandfathers was Italians, so i wish to play for my dear Nation of my family :) (but i need to talk with Flower and Oxy, Inferno, Giguen and Company :) )

Spam Kid

Postby Bagerro » Mon Mar 09, 2009 20:54

Deatheater wrote:Like big problems are Poland vs America. There are only like 3 American players and 30 polish players...

I think it is easy to solv, like making a rest of word team, or from the other side 2 polish teams.

I'm happy that u like the idea, waiting for other replies, and when there will be greater interest some opinion form HA/serwer owners

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Mar 09, 2009 21:15

Deatheater wrote:you need good frag maps. no obj maps.

if so, then it wont be a tournament.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Mon Mar 09, 2009 22:02

The idea is cool, i like it, but before staarting to be enthusiastic,we need to know High Admins opinion about it :)

Spam God

Postby nick » Mon Mar 09, 2009 22:09

i like the idea of more funwars :) but wouldnt it be easier to repeat the funwar of last christmas? with the server teams?

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:22

nick wrote:i like the idea of more funwars :) but wouldnt it be easier to repeat the funwar of last christmas? with the server teams?

IF we are going to do that.. more funwars like serverwars.. it wont be such popular anymore i think :(
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Official Member

Postby Damelon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:24

damn thereis only 2 hungaryan players arround :P 2v2 ^^

Spam God

Postby Monstrkill » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:13

Heh I have from CZ one playerXD Dont great idea!:-D No nice idea but someone havent much players from him country....And I dont want playing with PL XD

Spam Lord

Postby LaZerByte » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:53

Well there could be some big national teams: Poland, Italy , France, Netherlands, Germany, Finland, Estonia... and then some international teams with ppl not from the countries that have their own teams (team Hun/Bel/Cz for example ) :D
Think its a nice idea, but i now every war like this needs a lot of extra time and a lot of organizing from admins.

Veteran

Postby X-avier » Wed Mar 11, 2009 13:17

Damelon wrote:damn thereis only 2 hungaryan players arround :P 2v2 ^^

Should be enough for you..

^^..

ontopic..

Good idea.. :) But take things in youre own hands.. make groups etc, and im sure we will get a server for the tournament ..

and start thinkin about
how much players per team
when ( dates )
mod ( i guess etpro? )

etc etc..

gl!

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 13:44

if we do it then i want a benelux team instead of belgium and the Netherlands apart. We speak the same language (with some exceptions) so that would match...
But i think this war will be a rather difficult thing to accomplish...
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Wed Mar 11, 2009 14:57

Mhhh Don't like this idea. Example on betinho => he is the only Argetinian who playes in PS servers, so it's bit unfair to other ppl who is only one who playes here + when you find ppl who are in the same country where you are but you don't like them and you don't want to be in the same team with them.
example => you usually play football (basketball, etc) in that team what you like, i'm quite sure you don't play with them who you don't like. :)

and also what damelon said that there are only 2 hungaryans playing in ps server. so if you want to make it fair then u need to make only 1 vs 1 cos betinho don't have teammates :wink:

Spam Lord

Postby _InFeRnO_ » Wed Mar 11, 2009 15:06

i like this idea.. :D
in Funwar we get 5 teams and here we can have Italy, German, Holland, Finland, France, Poland, Belgium and other teams...
if we make a team for all states..we would get too big tourney...8)

if we make ex. 10 teams in 6on6, it would be a nice thing imo..
srry for Beti or other players then can't have a team :(

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Mar 11, 2009 15:28

Well, sure the idea looks realy nice and will be surly a moment of great fun, the only think is to organize such an event. The Funwar is only between 5 teams, with known leaders, known players etc ... and it s already a huge work to done, so a tournament between 8+ teams ...

It will take time to get ready and we will need the participation of all (admins and players) and in serious way. We also need an admin staff to prepare servers, refrees ... so back to reality , sure it s a nice idea but due to the huge work it needed not sure it will happen so soon :wink:

@ For guyz like Beti or Damelon , they are both welcome as french honor citizen :P :)

Spam God

Postby nick » Wed Mar 11, 2009 16:30

couldnt we make a funwar where everyone who wants to join, forms up a team, and if you cant make a team, you simply sign up and you'll be appointed to a team?

so for instance, everyone who wants to join makes a team with his buddys, and signs up as a team. if you failed to make a team, you can sign up as a player and you'll be appointed a team.

im not sure what needs to be prepared, but i think there are enough people here who want to do that. (member or not) i think i'd like to organize it, but as i said, i dont have any experience in it.

for the rest: can we use a ps server, or smth?

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Mar 11, 2009 17:44

For servers, it s not realy a problem, we have extra servers for this kind of events (same we use for our Funwars) but as i said believe me it s not so simple it looks like :wink: .

Server High Admin

Postby Oxyg3n » Wed Mar 11, 2009 17:53

BOWDOWN wrote:@ For guyz like Beti or Damelon , they are both welcome as french honor citizen :P :)

You meant ITALIAN honour ones didn't you? 8) :P

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 18:14

nah beti and dame have to make a team together... Guess there are enough players to make a world team. No citizens of honour! And if so then they should be with me :)
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Server High Admin

Postby Oxyg3n » Wed Mar 11, 2009 18:54

Harpix wrote:No citizens of honour! And if so then they should be with me :)

Okok so you'll be an Italian honour citizen too...happy? :lol:

Spam God

Postby nick » Wed Mar 11, 2009 18:55

well, i think i want to organize this event :) but i dont think i can do it alone, so maybe first see who arrange everything, and then form teams?

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Wed Mar 11, 2009 19:22

BOWDOWN wrote:

@ For guyz like Beti or Damelon , they are both welcome as french honor citizen :P :)

whata??? i think you thought estonia :) im quite sure.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Mar 11, 2009 19:57

Seems that you and Oxy both need glasses , pity at your age :D

Next

Return to Enemy Territory Talk