81%
If possible!
19%

Total votes : 21
Official Member

New PS server?

Postby Death » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:40

*great idea* :?:
I think it would be good to make an new special server.
this server would only have tompson mp 40 sten (axis sten) bar shotgun.
because i'm getting crazy of the endless rifle nades HW and snipers :D
I think(hope) quite some people agree with me.

Only problem is I don't know if it's possible to do this. i don't know if u need to make an new server or change existing server like PS 4 (never see anyone there)
If this server would have like 12 regular players it will keep growing.

let me know what you think and if it's possible :wink:

Event Committee

Re: New PS server?

Postby FALBIK » Sat Feb 21, 2009 13:18

Deatheater wrote:*great idea* :?:
I think it would be good to make an new special server.
this server would only have tompson mp 40 sten (axis sten) bar shotgun.
because i'm getting crazy of the endless rifle nades HW and snipers :D
I think(hope) quite some people agree with me.

Only problem is I don't know if it's possible to do this. i don't know if u need to make an new server or change existing server like PS 4 (never see anyone there)
If this server would have like 12 regular players it will keep growing.

let me know what you think and if it's possible :wink:

1. new serv - no possible i think /meybe add config in existing servers PS#1-5
2. 8O server empty --- beacuse all players play only NQ ...
this serv its special for me (& all fomoks) ,but play alone ..... hard :wink:

:arrow: vote NO /for a new
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sat Feb 21, 2009 13:25

Server only with less than half avaiable weapons will be boring (for me).
I don't think so it's possible (and need) to host another server when only PS#1 is full. Also forcing members to come to new place when they'r already sticked to server where they like to play is hard. Notice that every server got his 'crew'. And to make it, is not easy and quickly.
Our goal is to make PS a place when everyone can play safely, without cheaters and rulebreakers. For this moment we need all human-power at existing servers.
And who'll pay for it? :wink:
Chaos is the only true answer.

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sat Feb 21, 2009 13:42

No.

If u want no hw then go to ps2 ;)

Official Member

Postby Death » Sat Feb 21, 2009 13:49

Ok I guess it's obvious:D i'm dumb
me only vote for :D

@daghel if you need more members i'm here ^^ :P
@falbik sorry never see anyone or just don't pay attention sorry sorry sorry

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sat Feb 21, 2009 14:36

Garfield wrote:If u want no hw then go to ps2 ;)

That would be the best choice, apart from the mortar ;)

Problem is that you can never do it right, eventually people will complain cause they can't pick any heavy weapons, or complain because there too many.

Disabling the rifle nades (maxed at 3 per team at our servers) and the sniper rifle would make those classes even less attractive than they already are. So why not throw in a couple of frag maps (darji, fata morgana), only enable the medic class and call it a day? 8)
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Spam God

Postby nick » Sat Feb 21, 2009 16:24

as long as you dont do that on ps2 its okay for me :)
and for the rest: there probably is such a server on the internet, just search for it...

there are more servers than just ps...

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Sat Feb 21, 2009 17:19

Voted for no, cause the 2 existing servers are already busy enough to handle the 6 ET servers + PS homepage...

If you want to change something, my wish would be less players per server.

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Sat Feb 21, 2009 18:10

You must look at the game like a real war. :arrow: No

Only all that small kinds of things needs also small maps imo.. but then u will modify ET to much .. and better create a new game ;)
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Spam God

Postby nick » Sat Feb 21, 2009 20:00

like samu said, if you dont like rifle nades, landmines, and snipers, go play a different game. and as for snipers, i can handle them most of the time

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Sat Feb 21, 2009 20:18

Voted definitively no. its useless if we have again a empty ps server.
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Server Owner

Postby stephan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 20:54

before we talk about such things better help trying getting ps3 and ps4 full before asking for new srv
and as you maybe know i am avaible for most shitty, awesome and funny actions when you ask me :)

Official Member

Postby Death » Sat Feb 21, 2009 22:22

nick wrote:like samu said, if you dont like rifle nades, landmines, and snipers, go play a different game. and as for snipers, i can handle them most of the time

lol that's just useless I like this game very much just the thing i don't like i would like to improve. If it ain't possible then not it was just an idea don't go saying play an different game and i won't go to another server because i like (most) of the people here. There are only from time to time rulebreakers and mostly they get warned kicked or banned so i like this server and won't go to another unless al 7 servers are full wich is very unlikely :D

@ mephir less players per server? I don't really think that's possible because then you need more admins on different servers.

Spam Kid

Postby EvilDevil » Sat Feb 21, 2009 23:00

I disagree,it's a bad idea.Enjoy your time on 1 of 5 servers.

Spam God

Postby nick » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:00

Deatheater wrote:
nick wrote:like samu said, if you dont like rifle nades, landmines, and snipers, go play a different game. and as for snipers, i can handle them most of the time

lol that's just useless I like this game very much just the thing i don't like i would like to improve. If it ain't possible then not it was just an idea don't go saying play an different game and i won't go to another server because i like (most) of the people here. There are only from time to time rulebreakers and mostly they get warned kicked or banned so i like this server and won't go to another unless al 7 servers are full wich is very unlikely :D

@ mephir less players per server? I don't really think that's possible because then you need more admins on different servers.

you dont wanna know how many games like et exist...
anyways, there probably is a server that has the specs you are looking for, so go look for it? go there, it wont come to you :)

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Sun Feb 22, 2009 15:04

Deatheater wrote:@ mephir less players per server? I don't really think that's possible because then you need more admins on different servers.

Same amount of servers with less players = less work for members/admins, less lags, better atmosphere... :P

Have you ever tried ET:QW? It still has a lot things from old ET and even so its different enough to give some diversification. At least you will be glad to play ET (with all the rifles and snipers) again, if you get used to the many vehicles in ET:QW... ;)

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Feb 22, 2009 15:27

mephir wrote:
Deatheater wrote:@ mephir less players per server? I don't really think that's possible because then you need more admins on different servers.

Same amount of servers with less players = less work for members/admins, less lags, better atmosphere... :P

Have you ever tried ET:QW? It still has a lot things from old ET and even so its different enough to give some diversification. At least you will be glad to play ET (with all the rifles and snipers) again, if you get used to the many vehicles in ET:QW... ;)

you forgot to say that in et:qw like 60% of players is Field ops because you can construct overpowered canons :P :P :P
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Sun Feb 22, 2009 15:57

Hm, havent noticed anything like that. The FieldOp Weapons like Airstrike / Violator or Hammer / Dark Matter Cannon are quite good, but imho this class is bad in normal fight situations.

Return to Enemy Territory Talk