Timenudge stuff.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Talented Spammer

Timenudge stuff.

Postby Downtempo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 16:36

Hi, just found a journal in xfire that might be good to be pasted for the funmodplayers.

- http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=journal&mode=item&id=78145

------------------------
"Unblind" tells a fact about timenudgechanging:

it is bullshit

it tells the server to take your packets and do calculations as if they had arrived X ms earlier

you dont need it in etpro because of the improved anti lag

Server High Admin

Postby lis » Wed Feb 18, 2009 19:34

yes pls ty

Spam God

Postby nick » Wed Feb 18, 2009 20:33

the weird thing is that noone can explain in detail what it excactly does, i remember lurtz calling me a cheater for having it enabled (shortly after that, timenudge '0' was enforced on all ps-servers :) )

what i made up from it, normally the server recieves a package with data (ur movements and stuff) and sends the client data back containing the info of ur environment. every 20 ms et sends and receives such a package. the client interpolates the movements of ur environment between the receivings of the data. timenudge makes this go faster, but i dont really understand how?

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Feb 18, 2009 21:10

:good:
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Veteran

Postby fUnner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 22:30

nick wrote:the weird thing is that noone can explain in detail what it excactly does, i remember lurtz calling me a cheater for having it enabled (shortly after that, timenudge '0' was enforced on all ps-servers :) )

what i made up from it, normally the server recieves a package with data (ur movements and stuff) and sends the client data back containing the info of ur environment. every 20 ms et sends and receives such a package. the client interpolates the movements of ur environment between the receivings of the data. timenudge makes this go faster, but i dont really understand how?

just put it to 0 and no complains about it and all is fine...

Spam Pro

Postby wardew » Wed Feb 18, 2009 23:53

the timenudge is practically unhelpful in ET because this game have an antilag that work well... :) (surely not sux like ETQW :roll: )
the packetloss is very unusual...

usually the cvar like timenudge are used for fix the client prediction...
when you turn to negative value the client try to renderize(predict) more frames than normal... in a attemp of get more time for exchange packets with server for skip to drop in packetloss....

but warning... the frames can be well or wrong predicted... :D the value must be adjust... for fix packetloss but without hit too much ghost players.. bye :wink:
Last edited by wardew on Thu Feb 19, 2009 0:12, edited 1 time in total.

Talented Spammer

Postby Downtempo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 0:01

wardew wrote:the timenudge is practically unhelpful in ET because this game have an antilag that work well... :) (surely not sux like ETQW :roll: )
the packetloss is very unusual...

usually the cvar like timenudge are used for fix the client prediction...
when you turn to negative value the client try to renderize(predict) more frame than normal... in a attemp of get more time for exchange packets with server for skip to drop in packetloss....

but warning... the frames can be well or wrong predicted... :D the value must be adjust... for fix packetloss but without hit too much ghost players.. bye :wink:

Quite working antilag system is only in etpro tho. And sadly the difference is huge between ET & funmods.

Return to Enemy Territory Talk