tj as medic

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Spam Kid

tj as medic

Postby Galaxy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 19:05

is it forbidden as medic to jump over a wall, that had to be dynamited, when he dont want to do objective? just fragging?

i think it is, what do you think?

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Fri Dec 12, 2008 19:58

"Don’t use trickjumps or doublejumps to complete a map objective, for example; jumping over the wall as an engineer to blow up the fuel dump to complete the map."

I guess its allowed to go and frag as long as you dont do the OBJ.

Server High Admin

hi

Postby Betinho » Fri Dec 12, 2008 20:17

GoldenBullet wrote:"Don’t use trickjumps or doublejumps to complete a map objective, for example; jumping over the wall as an engineer to blow up the fuel dump to complete the map."

I guess its allowed to go and frag as long as you dont do the OBJ.

Is true, not only engeneer have always the objetive, and the others classes can do TJ ...example:
Warbell -----> axis medic take a book and jump the wall for the objetive ---> this TJ is not allowed.
But if axis medic do TJ in Warbell (without the book) this TJ i think is allowed, that´s the difference, this TJ is only for kill the enemy.

Spam Kid

Postby Galaxy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 22:34

okay, thx for answers

Gold Star

Postby Mister-X » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:28

GoldenBullet wrote:"Don’t use trickjumps or doublejumps to complete a map objective, for example; jumping over the wall as an engineer to blow up the fuel dump to complete the map."

Agree, thats the rule from the rulebook: rulebook.

But if you ask me this rule is a tough one to judge. I you jump over a wall, for instance in Warbell, its easyer to nail down the Axis. That will help the Allies to bring the book. In a way thats helping the Allies to do the objective. (less Axis is easyer objective)

It's the same for capturable spawns. Spawnkilling without the intention to capture the spawn isn't allowed. But its hard to proof that someone isn't trying to capture spawn.

A solution would be to don't allow DJ or spawnkilling whatsoever but i don't think that would be feasible. I would say it's best to try to avoid jumping over walls. Otherwise you might be helping the team to gain the objective even if you don't mean to. (at least for maps not designed to DJ)

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:29

TJ with medic is allowed cuz it can't do obj. But on minas it can TJ for obj but its straight gib or other punishment.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Talented Spammer

Re: tj as medic

Postby Buuust » Sun Dec 14, 2008 17:10

Galaxy wrote:is it forbidden as medic to jump over a wall, that had to be dynamited, when he dont want to do objective? just fragging?

i think it is, what do you think?

its unfair!
i agree with you :wink:
but its not against the rules ! :twisted:
or is it? :roll: :)

Spam Kid

Postby Galaxy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 17:39

like the answers say, its allowed, but i don't like it too

Server High Admin

Postby Miszczu » Sun Dec 14, 2008 18:14

A solution would be to don't allow DJ or spawnkilling

Would be same hard or even harder than now to obey those rules. Imagine, how to capture the spawn when u cant shoot to enemies in it. With like 40 players online :>
" Bite my metal shiny ass!!!"

Talented Spammer

Postby Buuust » Sun Dec 14, 2008 23:28

Miszczu wrote:
A solution would be to don't allow DJ or spawnkilling

Would be same hard or even harder than now to obey those rules. Imagine, how to capture the spawn when u cant shoot to enemies in it. With like 40 players online :>

in this case u can do sk IF you try to get flag
but you Cant use H/W in flag (not allow=kick)

Server High Admin

Postby Miszczu » Sun Dec 14, 2008 23:54

Ye, I know it, even if i look like some1 who is not able to know anything ;)

Just tried to explain, that even if these rules re problematic, there is no other solution here. In my very humble opinion of course.
" Bite my metal shiny ass!!!"

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Dec 15, 2008 0:40

Mister-X wrote:But if you ask me this rule is a tough one to judge. I you jump over a wall, for instance in Warbell, its easyer to nail down the Axis. That will help the Allies to bring the book. In a way thats helping the Allies to do the objective. (less Axis is easyer objective)

that's quite true, any kind of TJ can be helpful for completing a maps objective, so its rather unfair imo, but it doesn't cause too much chaos as an engi would.

Spam King

Postby LuXoFluXe » Mon Dec 15, 2008 19:34

Imo; The rules about TJ are pretty clear,
but it s more difficulty to know in situations as obj. when u can use and when not. If your not sure about something is able or not, don t try it and ask someone. Others you would get anytime punished for that :wink:. I
and i agree Diamond..
lick dem´ pussies.

Spam God

Postby nick » Mon Dec 15, 2008 20:12

i think that dj aint allowed whenever there is an obj anyone can take (consider the documents in cean) even though it is a nice fragging place (on the roof) otherwise i cant see a reason not to...

Spam Lord

Postby Xand3r » Wed Dec 24, 2008 18:33

i think you can jump over walls but don't do the objectives cuz thats unfair so i think u can use double or TJ jumps but don't do obj

Greetz Xander a.k.a Rules

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:15

I dont like any form of wall jumping.
Ok the medics arnt gona blow up anything..but they can still push afew buttons, spawn camp and just generaly be where they shouldnt be.
Would rather people respect the level designers layout and stay out. The people in limbo see you jump over and think its ok, it sets a bad example.
There are maps that have doors protected against cov ops to stop groups being let in, but seeing people jump over really annoys me.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Thu Dec 25, 2008 14:45

Anyway, trickjumping for not objective parts will allways be allowed. of c it's kinda annoying on some maps which aren't made for doublejumps, but if u don't do anything with the objective it's nothing serious at all to overjump it.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Mon Dec 29, 2008 16:45

*ka-bump*

Ok here's one... I have been abit naughty on Minas Tirith but wasnt planning on ending the match. :x
Axis where being dumb and decided to camp or be inconciderate snipers..every dyna that gets planted if defused right away. Knowing this I did afew jumps *cough* and put the dynamite on the OTHER side of the gate.
Is that a trick jump for objective ? although it only moves things forward?

Another bit..you can pass the door and hit the next spawn flag (which Doesnt trigger allies next spawn) which means any axis in limbo spawn ahead of any camping allies. This means axis can walk to the next gate without seeing a single American..when that gate is blown, allies spawn is fixed.
This can be done without double jump! although it is hard without a cov op suit..requires patience and some sneeking.
Is this an offence even though it doesnt end the match? It only pushes the defence back two gates. (in your face campers :P )

Again in minas as an example; Axis being lazy at the last gate and being camped by rambo medics, snipers and arty spam. You can br sneeky and get past to take the objective :o
However! I knew the distance between the objective and the goal was a long one..i wouldnt make it. I also knew the Rambos couldnt resist skipping after me like bambi and played a game of cat & mouse.
The plan was to get the campers, and perhaps afew bored defenders, to come away from their spot to defend the final goal or find me. This would give the attackers a better chance of planting. Psychology ftw :P
Yes I had to tj for that objective and i apologize :P but I only hid and ran circles with no intention of finishing. (okay finishing it would be worth a kick but would just being there be too much?)

note: I dont like minas so if you want..i can PM some admins the places mentioned so you know where to look in spec. If you think it looks too easy to do..remove the map..woot!

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Mon Dec 29, 2008 18:13

Well, see it this way.

The gates are a series of objectives, until the final objective. The palantir.

Blowing the gates from behind = against the rules (imho)

The second thing about using the covert... not against the rules.
Just like fuel dump when blowing up the fuel with an covert without tj.
The last thing is not against the rules. You are just removing attention and not going for the objective, you are in fact going after the enemy so your friends can blow the objective.

8)
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Spam God

Postby nick » Mon Dec 29, 2008 20:45

first point is tj for obj, no matter what.
ps-rulebook wrote:Don’t trickplant or use your teammates as a step up to plant dynamite, for example; planting dynamite at the guns from the outside on the oasis map.

second is
ps-rulebook wrote:Don’t use map bugs, exploits or secret rooms.

its simply a bug that could use some fixing, and since its hard to fix all, dont use them
audio wrote:This can be done without double jump! although it is hard without a cov op suit..requires patience and some sneeking.

at which gate can you pass the gate without tj? there aint no teamdoors in minas...

sorry ammz, on the last pont i dont agree with you, he says he TAKES obj to take away attention. this is tj for obj, and thats definatly against the rules. and even if you dont have the intention to end the map, its hard to know that for any admin so thats why i think that shouldnt be allowed.
ps-rulebook wrote:Don’t use trickjumps or doublejumps to complete a map objective, for example; jumping over the wall as an engineer to blow up the fuel dump to complete the map.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Mon Dec 29, 2008 20:53

Woops , :oops: didn't know he meant taking the objective to get attention :oops:,

Nope, that is 100 % against the rules. What if you die and your teammates take the objective to the "goal place"? ..

And there is a door at second Gate.
Allies use it to go down to the axis.
-|PS|-Ammz

Talented Spammer

Postby RamboBoy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:47

hey on oasis when u have to blow up the anti tank gun as allies can u be an engi run doublejump to the window where the anti tank gun is and plant dyno?
:P :P..and the percentage when it gets 2 100 what happens?oh yeah on more thing could one of yall make a pic for me yall have cool ones mine is okay

Spam King

Postby Scary » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:03

rambo u dont need doublejump for it.

Spam God

Postby nick » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:47

Ammz wrote:Woops , :oops: didn't know he meant taking the objective to get attention :oops:,

Nope, that is 100 % against the rules. What if you die and your teammates take the objective to the "goal place"? ..

And there is a door at second Gate.
Allies use it to go down to the axis.

but that one is only reachable through tj/dj so that would be a nice trickjump. so i think audio requires a *beep* !slap :P you naughty boy...

and i still think that whenever someone is on a place where an obj is (an obj he/she can do) and that place is only reachable by tj(on that moment) it shouldn't be allowed, cause its hard to distinguish whether or not someone plans to take objective... so whenever any axis is on the balcony of the documents in cean BEFORE the side wall is blown. even though they aint taking obj.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 13:35

I don't know the map cean, you mean caen?
Objective there can be taken by covert ops.

In Minas tirith: Ya, it's kind of hard to judge wether it's against the rules to be covert in disguise, tj to the door, get through and get the flag....
Hmm :b
-|PS|-Ammz

Next

Return to Enemy Territory Talk