!Next Map

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Gold Star

!Next Map

Postby Croft » Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:44

I think it's a good idee to enable PS-Members to say !next map.
It happens a lot that we are playing and all of u don't like the map (to bick for the amount of players at that momend). And than if a member is poible to say next map we don't have to call in H-admins or just play de to long boring map.

Hope to hear how you PS peopol think about this.
Have fun playing.
Croft
See You at PS# 1, 2, 4 & 5

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Tue Oct 14, 2008 22:35

I think is not best idea (personally!)
At such big server as for example PS#1 whos almost always full you simply cant check how many people like this map and how many dont. Well, you can make a vote... but from my experiences with votes at PS#5 i think it can bring only a mess. Second thing is not everyone like/can/know how to speak at mainchat. There's possibilty that new player cant do it but he like the map, maybe even he joined only becouse it. And imo the most imortant thing is that is preety powerfull command. In wrong hands can be using too often. Member wich lvl 8 don't have a necessary experience to decide when to use it. He can ask on mainchat "who wants next map?" and after three fast replyes for -yes- abracadabra, we jump into next map. After that is easy to say that "everyone" wanted new map and why you didnt tell that you like previuous one? The only plus i can really see is when mup is bugged or stuck. So if you just dont like map, post your suggestions in right section like this one: http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... pic&t=4752

(imo)
Chaos is the only true answer.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:51

Yes I agree. If someone like minas let play but if someone say next map I'll say stop saying do nextmap and go spec if you don't like that map.

Simple answer !nextmap is only for maps example Fata Morgana if nobody haven't got any points and time is 0.00. Then u can do !nextmap.

sry english
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:11

Saukko wrote:Simple answer !nextmap is only for maps example Fata Morgana if nobody haven't got any points and time is 0.00. Then u can do !nextmap.

It's a tie then :wink:
Map will be over if one of the team score one more point. If someone don't like current map, PS got 5 other servers, he can play somewhere else.

(And it's obvious that everybody loves Minas)

Gold Star

Postby Croft » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:47

Daghel wrote:
Saukko wrote:Simple answer !nextmap is only for maps example Fata Morgana if nobody haven't got any points and time is 0.00. Then u can do !nextmap.

It's a tie then :wink:
Map will be over if one of the team score one more point. If someone don't like current map, PS got 5 other servers, he can play somewhere else.

(And it's obvious that everybody loves Minas)

Al tru but thats not may point.
If something happens like Fata Morgana ist fine if ps-members are also posible to say !net map.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:20

Like i said above !nextmap is powerfull command. Available from level 16.
I'm not the oldest and more experienced admin here but i think fresh members shouldn't have it. Becouse it can bring misunderstanding, he can do !nextmap when he don't like current one, not the others. And it that way half of campaign will be skiped. It's not about trust to new members, just everything step-by-step . :)
Fata-morgana is an drastic example, true, it can be long when both teams are good balanced, but it wont take forever. :wink:
I can't say more, let's see HA's opinions.

Official Member

Re: .

Postby Evil » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:42

Daghel wrote:Like i said above !nextmap is powerfull command. Available from level 16.
I'm not the oldest and more experienced admin here but i think fresh members shouldn't have it. Becouse it can bring misunderstanding, he can do !nextmap when he don't like current one, not the others. And it that way half of campaign will be skiped. It's not about trust to new members, just everything step-by-step . :)
Fata-morgana is an drastic example, true, it can be long when both teams are good balanced, but it wont take forever. :wink:

agreed.

however we got same problem at ps5 also about that nextmap vote everytime ppl vote for it.
cause they dont like map i wont say it would be same for ps members if they had !nextmap.

but with little time u our ps member get promoted anywayz. i guess.
however there is always a admin arround ps server who u can contact to do nextmap if there is need like fatamorgana and still never ending for example.

but most important is bowdown or viduus is quiet always arround to take actions.

so iam going with daghel.

Gold Star

Postby Croft » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:42

oke new members ist to fast to give the command !next map
maybe its batter to make it posible if a member has like 10, 11, ... adminpoint.

Website Manager

Re: !Next Map

Postby warren-the-ape » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:30

Website input > ET Talk

Croft wrote:It happens a lot that we are playing and all of u don't like the map

What is a lot?
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Server High Admin

Postby Oxyg3n » Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:08

Daghel wrote:Like i said above !nextmap is powerfull command. Available from level 16.

+1

:roll:

Spam God

Postby -Gighen- » Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:41

sry Croft.. but +1 for Daghel.... :roll:

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:59

Evil wrote:however we got same problem at ps5 also about that nextmap vote everytime ppl vote for it.
cause they dont like map i wont say it would be same for ps members if they had !nextmap.

but with little time u our ps member get promoted anywayz. i guess.
however there is always a admin arround ps server who u can contact to do nextmap.

At PS#5 this voting system is disable now, and im happy about that :)
Yes, like Evil pointed out almost all the time at least one admin who can do !nextmap is online (exept night, admins are humans also). Look at the contact list:
http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... pic&t=1422

Return to Enemy Territory Talk