Thread of Hate :o

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Spam Pro

Thread of Hate :o

Postby Audio » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:24

I've been playing this game for many years now yet I still have many thing that I really HATE about it...but I still play o_0 When I first got CoD4 I thought the rambo medic problem was a thing of the past, yet there are so much more Loser tactics that make Medics easier to accept. :roll:
Anyways I wanted to know if anyone was on the same page here; I'll list what makes my blood boil and perhaps you guys can add some.
(please dont add specific people..it will get messy :roll: )

Rifle Grenades
    Rambo Medics
cowardly way to play, having extra HP that regenerates and self healing...yeah guys..you are great at this game!
    No team work
for example 3 soldiers, 2 Medics, 1 field op, 8 cov ops sniping *sigh* /quit
    Score whore
oh WOW you got 55 kills with only 7 deaths...not to mention you probably ran away when hit too much or camped behind a doorway. We dont give a shiz
    Rushing to Objective
You wouldnt eat a bowl of ice cream in one bite would ya? no enjoyment for Anyone. Plus you'd probably think we'd congratulate you for it
    Inproper use of Heavy weapons
Panzer is for disabling tanks, flame thrower is for crowd control in corridors. Anything else is lame and it effects your team mates...so you killed one person and yourself...welldone..you helped!! Image
    Self apointed team leaders
This sort of person gets stressy and foul mouthed pretty soon...often an engineer who is working alone complaining about what we all should be doing...just for him. Give up peeps, there are team players about but they're not sprinting to objective and ignoring the people shooting you.
    Mortar outside spawn
Absolutly no sportsmanship. It has so much use for other things yet the way its used..is border line rule breaking.
    Predictable Mine use
Mines are best used when spread out. When someone jumps the first one they see, they land on another creating a butterfly effect. Sticking 7 mines outside a doorway is a total waste, only kills one person (often a team mate) and stops others from using them too. Inconciderate jerk D:
    Stealing
By this I mean some cov ops pushing you out the way for the suit you are picking up and disarming mines to plant their own. You guy are all [Age Inappropriate Text] , leave your parents basement and [Age Inappropriate Text] a girl friend.... pardon my French :3
    Corpse bashing
This doesnt make me angry but it is a consern. During a fight, okay..shoot them down to stop a medic getting them up again but god damn it..you dont have to get your knife out and start stabbing!! you SICK MONKEYS D;

Thats all i think...ggrrrr just thinking about them

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:32

Yea, I hate if i get Naded With Grenade launcher :P But i Dont hate If il get panzyd D:
Panzer is for disabling tanks, flame thrower is for crowd control in corridors. Anything else is lame and it effects your team mates...so you killed one person and yourself...welldone..you helped!! Image

Rly, Panzer is For Helping To Take Out Enemys That Pwn To much :P And Hard Position Places :)

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:17

i agree on all points, but u know it cant be fixed. 2 things that i like in this game is TJ and etpro, and from funmods etpub is best imo, atleast 50% more realistic than NQ.

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Thu Aug 14, 2008 13:29

Yeah, have to agree with you in almost all points, but a few words...

- Rifle Grenades:
...are part of the game. Im also gettin' a bit angry after some rifle-deaths, but as long as my teammates keep their rifle's away from me, its imho ok.

- Self apointed team leaders
Quite often, im engi too... and there's nothing else suckin more than getting killed once and once again while tryin to do just some little obj (particularly, if you're the only engi in whole team) - whereas other teammates (mostly these rambo medics ;) ) dont care about anything...

(Btw: what kind of player are you? You dont like rambo meds, you dont like to do obj "in fastes amount of time", you dont like score whores... what else can you do in ET?)

- Predictable Mine use
Imho planting 3 mines on exaclty one spot is better than spreading them around. With DJ enabled, its easy to jump over all mines. If you step on a bundle of 3 mines, jumpin away mostly doesnt help...

And another bad thing about spreading mines is, that it takes plenty of time to get a good land mine field and almost only one nade to disarm them all. I personally prefer to plant groups (of mostly 3 mines) in different areas - but everyone has its one tactics. :wink:

- Corpse bashing
Why not? It prevents enemies from gettin' reanimated in battle ground (or near an obj)... or you can take his weapon, medpacks...

If other player dont act the way you act, you just "hate" there kind of playin?

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Aug 14, 2008 13:37

pixelflat wrote:(Btw: what kind of player are you? You dont like rambo meds, you dont like to do obj "in fastes amount of time", you dont like score whores... what else can you do in ET?)

as i said tj n etpro

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Thu Aug 14, 2008 13:39

No, i meant audio... :lol:

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Thu Aug 14, 2008 14:46

I do hate the way most people play, this to me is a team game. It really bugs me to see people ignoring the objective or playing solo. I used to be a whiny Engineer..I do alot less complaining now, I learn to just say "oh Fk it!" and do something else :lol:
I'm more of a support player; If i'm medic or field op i'll hang back with the defence line throwing down packs in a safe area or backing up an engineer. However I do like being cov ops and making it a personal mission to screw the mortar or cause trouble for campers. :) Smoke screens are so usefull, people dont use it enough. :)

The corpse bashing..afew shots to make them stay down is ok its the Knife stabbing that annoys me. It's damn right scary that you feel the need to stop, get a knife out and stab for afew seconds :?

The idea of a wider spread mine field is that the person can see the first mine, trick jump it and land on another he couldnt see from where he jumped. I nice diamond shape is quite quick to make, easy for team mates (the more smarter ones) to navigate and has a good chance to make a hit.

Spam Pro

Postby wardew » Thu Aug 14, 2008 15:07

Rifle Grenades:
not agree... rifle nade required a good accuracy.. frequently u have only 1 chance for kill the enemy especially if he is a medic with doublejump...

Rambo Medics:
this is the great problem of this game... the hp bar is the very problem..
withouth extra xp and regeneration the medic would be one balanced class.. (like on ETQW)
this class is loved by players that think to be superman-->this behavior force to medic a lot of players whom do not want to be killed...

No team work:
do obj is very hardly on a large server...u can try to do but a wall of rambo medics wait u :D

Mortar outside spawn:
full agree... i don't have respect for these players... :twisted:

Pixelflat wrote:- Predictable Mine use
Imho planting 3 mines on exaclty one spot is better than spreading them around. With DJ enabled, its easy to jump over all mines. If you step on a bundle of 3 mines, jumpin away mostly doesnt help...

And another bad thing about spreading mines is, that it takes plenty of time to get a good land mine field and almost only one nade to disarm them all. I personally prefer to plant groups (of mostly 3 mines) in different areas - but everyone has its one tactics. Wink

- Corpse bashing
Why not? It prevents enemies from gettin' reanimated in battle ground (or near an obj)... or you can take his weapon, medpacks...

agree with u Pixel :)

p.s. the doublejump is comfortable but is very orrible to see... this is a ww2 game and not Unreal... :evil:

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Thu Aug 14, 2008 15:20

Audio wrote:I'm more of a support player; If i'm medic or field op i'll hang back with the defence line throwing down packs in a safe area or backing up an engineer. However I do like being cov ops and making it a personal mission to screw the mortar or cause trouble for campers. :) Smoke screens are so usefull, people dont use it enough. :)

Lolll have we been cloned? :P Of course it depends on my mood but i usually stay on the background as a medic/field ops especially if our team hit a bottleneck, reviving and supplying my ass off ;)

Nice thread and fun read btw, very enjoyable writing style 8)

The thing i dont agree with is; Rushing to Objective.
You have to agree that it can make or break the game in some maps, like stealing the tank in Goldrush, or constructing the bridge at Fuel Dump.

Edit:

Another one for the Rambo Medics;
Its not very hard for a medic to break through the defences with all those med packs, adrenaline, regeneration bravo! And it really takes some skill hanging around in the back of the bus.. ehh.. map, killing off some random enemy engie while the rest of your team is struggling & dying for 20 minutes to get through that single corridor..

v23 - I need backup!

DEW wrote:p.s. the doublejump is comfortable but is very orrible to see... this is a ww2 game and not Unreal... :evil:

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately ;)) most players like the fast, smooth bunnyhopping style of ET in comparison to the far more realistic movement in games like CoD or DoD.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Server High Admin

Postby Miszczu » Thu Aug 14, 2008 15:37

Always in fight, if only can, im healing myself (if i play as a medic). Im camping wherever I can. If im eng and see that no1 from my team is interessted to get the damn obj, im starting to encourage ppl for it (self apointed team leader). Love rifle grenades and panzer (flame is also cool).

Damn, while im playing, i must be pain in ur ass Audio ;)
" Bite my metal shiny ass!!!"

Spam God

Postby nick » Thu Aug 14, 2008 16:12

indeed cant say i agree with you audio and all the things you pointed out arre the most essential things in the game...

corpse bashing with knife = saving ammo
team-leaders; most do it only when neccisary
riflenades ; part of the game --> requires skill
rambo meds --> someone should do the killing...
predictable mine use --> if everyone would use YOUR way, wouldnt THAT become predictable?
no team work --> agreed :D
score whore --> kills are good, someone should do the killing...
obj rushing --> definatly part of the game defensive party shouldnt let you...
hw usage --> panzer is also crowd control... and yes its a usefull weapon against the tank but nothing less as a killing machine... (and i usually get killed more by medics then by soldiers...)
stealing --> definatly a prob to me... i never tk but this makes me most angry...

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 16:15

Only got a problem with the self appointed teamleader part. You say there s not enough teamplay but when someone tries to convince peeps to do teamplay, he s bad too? :? He s just trying to get some movement in the game and you should be gratefull for his effort imo.

And with obj rushing... nothing is funner then objective rushing 8) You may find it lame but when a enemy shows a flaw, you have to use it. The defence should be better in such cases, the attacker aint the one to blame.

( Everyone seems to be a lamer in ur post :) With only backup people you wont win a game )

Edit,
o yeah and corpse bashing is very important!
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Spam Pro

Postby EminYY » Thu Aug 14, 2008 18:30

PANZER PANZER PANZER :evil: :evil: I HATEE ITT

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Thu Aug 14, 2008 18:41

ahh i see myself sometimes in ur annoyance :O (in the story)

to keep it short 8) lets start ! :D

Rifle Grenades
i love to handle when i got a sucky game :) v45-ing is pleased to me and i do to others (most times) i screw sometimes a OMG or WTF when i cant have it they kill me :O

Rambo Medics
Yes ! that's me! (sometimes not :P) i must say i want high rating on SL :oops:
lot of rambo medics i spotted on ET indeed ;)
TIP to dont make ppl angry or just do ppl a favor : when u infight with 2 or more medics first heal others then fight.! (yes i know its old one 8) )

No team work
i do only when i wanna do obj (when im bad i do that ;D )
not that im good and proud of myself, im not ofcourse a well-love-to-complete-objective-er looks clear i hope :P. i prefer defend it

Score whore
ugh mm, dont start about this! :)
(ofcourse i like a "Nice samu!" :P)

Rushing to Objective
when im tired or bored of the long long long attack (mostly on gold rush)

mm, i hate it against me and almost got no skill with heavy or flame, gimme a venom :O..

and i agree btw

Self apointed team leaders
This one i dont get [bad english i know :oops:

Mortar outside spawn
Give me a mortar + a field ops (my bro i command to give me ammo :P)

Predictable Mine use
I most times forget to place mines, other ways your right 8)

Stealing
Something i dont like and hate! but some ppl dont look who shot the victim and some dont know who it was ! :(

Corpse bashing
i know a corpse (player 8)) but dont know what corpse bashing is D:

So i see it in my eyes

have a nice day ! Samurai ;)
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Spam Kid

Postby Arasan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 18:52

Panzasa and rifle nades are good if they r used good. I also hate rambos who detonate myself shoting at me from 2 meters, but on long range these weapons need much experience to hit anyone.

Spam God

Postby flow » Thu Aug 14, 2008 19:38

panze and tks, tbs and insulting all what is just stupid even in game :D:D
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Thu Aug 14, 2008 20:30

What I wrote is what annoys me, not the truth about the game :roll: but it seems no one else has anything else to add to the list. :)
I suppose its a rotten team that makes me quit more then the rest, Medics a close second :|

Samu.. corpse bashing = knife dead bodies you know...what British kids do to random people at night.

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Thu Aug 14, 2008 20:41

And the Thing That Mostly I Hate Is That Im So Fast XD, Well Always I Have To Be Behind A Teammate When I spawn. And Usually Teammates "Block" Me so I lose my speed >.<

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Aug 14, 2008 20:46

-Drag- wrote:And the Thing That Mostly I Hate Is That Im So Fast XD, Well Always I Have To Be Behind A Teammate When I spawn. And Usually Teammates "Block" Me so I lose my speed >.<

well jump over them or use ur almighty adre needle after u have passed them...

Spam Kid

Postby Arasan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 20:56

Lol , btw, why i get pushed when coming out of spawn, if im using sprint? got pmove fixed too. x.x

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Thu Aug 14, 2008 21:13

Diamond wrote:
-Drag- wrote:And the Thing That Mostly I Hate Is That Im So Fast XD, Well Always I Have To Be Behind A Teammate When I spawn. And Usually Teammates "Block" Me so I lose my speed >.<

well jump over them or use ur almighty adre needle after u have passed them...

Well. Some Spawns Are Small, And One Way And U Cant Jump That Much D:

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Aug 14, 2008 21:59

i got 2 succestions u know :roll:

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Thu Aug 14, 2008 22:05

Well, I ALWAYS Use Adre When I Spawn :P

Server Owner

Postby stephan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:03

-Drag- wrote:But i Dont hate If il get panzyd D:

Rly, Panzer is For Helping To Take Out Enemys That Pwn To much :P And Hard Position Places :)

jap i have to agree you drag.

and against tanks and trucks i dont use pf because nades are most times more effective and its not so much wasting of ammo. and pf is really great against medics(atleast on ps3). and flamer in crowd corridors? sounds like a try to kill your enemys and your team together :)
and about that rushing too obj it is nice teamwork too (especially the 2 min tactics on oasis and battery) :) and also i know what i talk over pf and flamer because i love them and know how to use them :) oh and about kamikaze with pf that is really usefull :)

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:15

No team work --> Yep not funny anymore

Rushing to Objective --> I do this much if no1 do nothing like example when no1 isnt engi in minas i will be and rush to Objs.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Next

Return to Enemy Territory Talk