Wolfenstein (2009) - Discussion Topic

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:22

Wow that trailer looked nice, I want that new Wolfenstein :>

It have to be good. I smell it.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Mon Jun 08, 2009 17:03

I uploaded the stage demo from Gamespot at the E3 last week. It includes some nice footage of the XBox360 single-player :)

Wolfenstein Stage Demo E3 09

Also some unconfirmed multi-player details posted at Crossfire last week:

Alright, so yesterday I spoke to a friend that got into wolfenstein closed beta(he knows one of the employees at endrant so np for the lucky bastard, closed in an understatement as he says there are only about 60 people in the beta) and he told me some infos about the MP beta, now I can't say his name or nick because he's not allowed to share anything about the game so don't ask, enough to say that he played rtcw years ago and et only until 2005 when he transferred to cod so this community would probably not know him or not remember him.

He told me the following:
  • MP game is different to what you see from SP footage, it is faster
  • gameplay is NOT fast as ET but not as slow as cod, it is somewhere between but fast enough
  • jumping is almost the same as in etqw, it is possible to go very fast
  • shooting from hip is almost the same as in ET though it is noticable that the spread is a bit higher but not by much, still way less than in cod
  • it is possible to sprint and shoot from hip
  • ironsight is not bad at all and from what I've seen it is used mostly for long range shooting, it is harder to control it in f2f combat
  • melee is done in the same way as in cod, one punch from any direction and enemy is down
  • maps are approximately the same size as ET maps
  • most part of gameplay is in closed areas
  • gameplay types: stopwatch, capture the flag, deathmatch, last man standing, team deathmatch
  • stopwatch is same as in ET, only thing I've noticed so far is that there are more objectives than in ET to do in order to complete the map
  • graphic tweakings are possible and you don't have to have a monster PC in order to run the game smoothly
  • there are 2 types of medics, one that has only the reviving kit and one with medipacks and ammopacks, you can't have both
  • reviving takes roughly 3-4 seconds and is NOT done only with syringe, if both medics are present the reviving is faster by double
  • there are no airstrikes but artillery is here
  • soldier class is the most versatile one with a lot of different weapons to use
  • engineer with rifle is very powerful and he can snipe same as soldier, otherwise his role is almost the same as in ET
  • veil is used in MP but only in certain areas of the map and for some objectives, it's not used in the same way as in SP, sometimes it is used like UAV in cod4 and it lasts only a few sec
  • it takes 2 hs or 5 bodyshots to kill someone, hitboxes are a bit weird at the moment but I guess that will be fixed
  • gun sounds are very close to the ones from cod5
  • flamethrower is almost the same as in cod5
Now, I've seen a few screenshots and it doesn't look half bad, it's definitely got the rtcw feeling and we might not have another etqw incoming.

Believe me or not, but we'll see pretty soon.
Last edited by warren-the-ape on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Official Member

Postby Evil » Mon Jun 08, 2009 18:14

when does the game comes out ?

gonna buy for ps3 and for pc :D

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Mon Jun 08, 2009 19:15

Didnt u watch the vid? August 4

Spam Pro

Postby wardew » Mon Jun 08, 2009 19:52

mmm... CoD feeling in fight.... :roll: maybe more fast a bit... :wink:
seem me there's a lot of blood in figth.. the enemy dies in a blood bath... coool!! :drool:

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sat Jun 13, 2009 19:45

Some new stuff:

Peter Sokal (community manager over at id) stated that the PC version is not a port of the console versions;

We were only showing Wolfenstein on the 360 during E3. That being said, the PC version is not a port. Endrant is working on the PS3, PC and 360 MP simultaneously, and Raven is doing the same with the single-player. It is coming along very nicely along all three platforms.

Also, info about the multiplayer should be coming up soon (Yippiee :P);

Regarding specifics on the MP, part of the reason that I can't discuss the details is because we are still in development, and as such, the game continues to evolve. Raven and Endrant are working hard in collaboration with us to release a solid multiplayer experience.

The multiplayer looks different now then it did two or three months ago... vastly different in some respects, and we don't want to release information when it is subject to change. I know that it is not the ideal situation for this community, and I apologize for that. Please do not think that I enjoy not telling you about the multiplayer.

The info is coming, and you will know details on the MP before the game hits store shelves.

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Thu Jun 25, 2009 22:26

A nice fun little read about the single-player, with a little 'ingame' peek:
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/06/25/wolfenstein-campaign-to-feature-16384-nazi-deaths/

Russ Frushtick wrote:id Software and Activision came to New York this week to show off “Wolfenstein,â€￾ and I came away much more excited than I was going in. It was my first time really playing it and the vibe I got was of a much gorier “Call of Duty,â€￾ but with super powers.

It also lets you kill a lot of Nazis, which is always fun. Just how many Nazis you kill is tracked in the menus, right down to the different ways you’ve killed them (from electrocutions to dismemberments). I asked to take a photo of the menu screen which tallied up the deaths, but since it was only from the one-level demo they were showing, the numbers were pretty paltry. Thankfully Activision just sent over a shot of the menu from 36% into the game, and here’s what things were looking like.

After a little grade-school math (cross-multiply and divide, baby!) I was able to determine that, upon reaching 100% completion, you’ll have killed exactly 1,638.4 Nazis in a variety of ways. Granted this doesn’t factor in replaying missions (which is almost certainly required to get to 100% completion) but hey, math isn’t an exact science!

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:22

So there is singleplayer coming too ? Still waiting multiplayer. I'm waiting my new computer...
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby deep » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:27

Saukko wrote:So there is singleplayer coming too ? Still waiting multiplayer. I'm waiting my new computer...
so u thought that those monsters in the trailers were in multiplayer? lol. as u can read from warrens post there is no info (footage) of multiplayer. so ofc all the teasers are from singelplayer...

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 13:03

Diamond, he doesnt. READ. Anyway it looks pretty awesome.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 13:33

I read these posts but I can understand things wrong because I have bad english.
Anyway its nice to know that there is singleplayer too.

Official Member

Postby paco » Fri Jun 26, 2009 15:00

Hi,

From Raven Company there are news only about SP. So, i think after time we'll have an "Arena" game version 4 MP

05-27-09 Wolfenstein Release Date Announced!

Wolfensteinâ„¢ brings the Nazi's dark obsession with the occult to life, by intertwining fast-paced, intense story-driven combat with a diverse sci-fi experience. As BJ Blazkowicz, a highly decorated member of the Office of Secret Actions (OSA), you are sent on a special mission into the heart of the Third Reich to investigate evidence that the SS hierarchy may possess a new and mysterious power. Wolfenstein is scheduled to be on store shelves on August 4, 2009. (Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 system and Games for Windows; not yet rated by the ESRB; the game is rated "M" by the ESRB).

8) Paco 8)

Official Member

Postby deep » Fri Jun 26, 2009 18:29

isnt 27th tomorrow? and the info is old btw. release date is on first page of this topic.

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Fri Jun 26, 2009 18:34

Diamond wrote:isnt 27th tomorrow? and the info is old btw. release date is on first page of this topic.

Its 05 there, Atm is 06 :P

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Fri Jun 26, 2009 19:09

Diamond wrote:isnt 27th tomorrow? and the info is old btw. release date is on first page of this topic.

It was posted on that date;
http://www.ravensoft.com/announcement+details.aspx?xmmid=632&xmid=50&xmview=2

Paco is a bit behind the facts ;)

Official Member

Postby paco » Sat Jun 27, 2009 0:52

warren-the-ape wrote:

It was posted on that date;
http://www.ravensoft.com/announcement+details.aspx?xmmid=632&xmid=50&xmview=2

Paco is a bit behind the facts ;)

...i bow down to you, Warren :D

8) Paco 8)

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Wed Jul 01, 2009 18:52

Just for completeness: Minimum Specs are out!

http://www.wolfenstein.com/board/viewto ... f=14&t=491

As I already mentioned, the "moore´s law specs" were just some intel advertisings...

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Wed Jul 01, 2009 19:01

mephir wrote:Just for completeness: Minimum Specs are out!

http://www.wolfenstein.com/board/viewto ... f=14&t=491

As I already mentioned, the "moore´s law specs" were just some intel advertisings...

Maybe there is a little chance of the possibility to play :) . But ( :o ) The minimum's are a little better than the minimum to play :wth:
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:48

i think i can run it, only i have 2.31 GHz 4400+ amd processor.

hope the ironsights will be deleted.

Talented Spammer

Postby siciuwyspaPL » Thu Jul 02, 2009 15:11

Thats details for New
Wolfenstein

system :

- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP lub Windows Vista(R) (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 nieobsługiwane)
- Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (wraz z grą, wymagany dla Windows XP & Vista)

Pc :

- Procesor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.2 GHz lub AMD Athlon(TM) 64 3400+
- memory RAM: 1 GB RAM
-graphic card: 256MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) 6800 GT or ATI Radeon(TM) X800
- sound card:in 100% compatibly with DirectX 9.0c
- HDD: 8 GB

:P

Talented Spammer

Postby siciuwyspaPL » Thu Jul 02, 2009 15:14

and some more info:

release : August 2009

Producent: Activision

Just waiting and pllaying :D

That date for Poland, and i dnt know if this same is for another country's . probably is different.

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Jul 02, 2009 15:28

Deleted post by Viduus: Lets try to stay respectfull and nice

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Fri Jul 03, 2009 21:01

Actully i think with theses minimum specs i could run the game twice (or more) at the same time. :lol:

Official Member

Postby deep » Fri Jul 03, 2009 21:50

the animation looked like a very late wolf 3D commercial. i mean the story. :D

offtopic: :P sry, i think admins should delete stupid posts, to prevent mine and others replies to those.

Spam Kid

Postby Spectre » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:37

Jeez, I hope they will improve the sounds and choppy gameplay by the time it gets released, coz MP40 sounds crap.

But, I just beg the authors, don't f... up climate of old Return to Castle Wolfenstein, 'cause so far I didn't play a game which had equal or better climate than it.

PreviousNext

Return to Enemy Territory Talk