Wolfenstein (2009) - Discussion Topic

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Wed Jul 15, 2009 13:47

Bad news..
I checked Kotaku today and I saw some bad news. Id Software's game, Wolfenstein, will not be released on August 4th and will be released on August 17th, according to Activision.

The company says that the reason for the delay was to "facilitate a simultaneous global release window" for the release of the game. Along with Bioshock 2, this shows a growing trend of games' release dates getting pushed back.

Of course, it isn't completely id Software's fault. id Software's annual QuakeCon falls on August 13th-16th and id Software promised an "exclusive look" of the game there, according to Shacknews.

Let's just hope that this extra time will allow developers to make these sequels as satisfying as possible. So for you guys who have been looking forward to buying the game, it looks like you will have to wait a bit longer.

Talented Spammer

Postby RamboBoy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 23:20

i love the classes they look so cool :banana:
Last edited by RamboBoy on Sat Jul 18, 2009 0:51, edited 1 time in total.
A prisoner of war is a man that tries to kill u and fails,and then begs for u not to kill himImage

Spam Kid

Postby Spectre » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:34

Classes?

Anyway, if it won't keep original RtCW's feeling and climate, I don't see point even buying it. :?

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Fri Jul 17, 2009 17:28

-Drag- wrote:will be released on August 17th, according to Activision.

It's postponed till the 18th actually. Northern Europe possibly even later, around the 21st.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org released the achievements for the XBOX360 single-player and multi-player.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game ... ievements/

Looking at the multi-player map names of those achievements it seems the screenshots leaked earlier are indeed correct (you can check them out in the opening post btw).

What worries me; too much XBOX360 and too little multi-player..
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Spam Kid

Postby Spectre » Fri Jul 17, 2009 17:36

I'm assured it will be too little singleplayer as well...

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Thu Aug 06, 2009 21:32

who goes buy it?
im just thinking about getting it if PS get's a wolf server
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Spam King

s

Postby -Neji- » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:36

today going to have this game Yippieeeeeeeeee ;d die nazi bastards ;d

I can't let you scream

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Sat Aug 22, 2009 15:24

Just try watching at some YouTube video (using "wolfenstein multiplayers gameplay"). Hu, seems that W:ET won't die so easily... (in other word : the multiplayer part is crap, the single part looks ok).

We better code ourself the next W:ET, would be easier :D

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Aug 22, 2009 15:38

ye it has too slow gameplay. and veil in mp is really fail. imo

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Sat Aug 22, 2009 16:54

Even though the multiplayer is nothing short of generic, the single player campaign makes up for the online shortcomings. [...]

Where this game falls short is in the multiplayer. It's quite sad as well considering Wolfenstein has been a series people have played for years, and it's been because of it's great multiplayer. The biggest hindrance is the lack of game modes. You've got three options to choose from; Team Deatchmatch, Stopwatch, and Objective. Team Deatchmatch is self explanatory, but the other two modes are a little confusing. In Objective you have a piece of intelligence, which you either need to attack or defend. In Stopwatch, you have a location in a base, which you either attack or defend. If they sound incredibly similar it's because they are. So much so that it is difficult to distinguish between the two. Graphically the multiplayer is a huge step down from the single player campaign. In fact it almost looks like you're playing a different game. If multiplayer has any redeeming qualities it's the class systems that allow you to decide how you want to play across the eight maps.

If you're only in it for the multiplayer, Wolfenstein is not the best choice. However, the single player is a whole lot of fun with a good length and plenty of reason to play through more than once. If you're looking for a good single player FPS, pick up Wolfenstein, you won't regret it. Just don't expect a lot from the multiplayer.

:P :P

Read the full article here.

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Aug 22, 2009 17:45

Spyhawk wrote:
Even though the multiplayer is nothing short of generic, the single player campaign makes up for the online shortcomings. [...]

Where this game falls short is in the multiplayer. It's quite sad as well considering Wolfenstein has been a series people have played for years, and it's been because of it's great multiplayer. The biggest hindrance is the lack of game modes. You've got three options to choose from; Team Deatchmatch, Stopwatch, and Objective. Team Deatchmatch is self explanatory, but the other two modes are a little confusing. In Objective you have a piece of intelligence, which you either need to attack or defend. In Stopwatch, you have a location in a base, which you either attack or defend. If they sound incredibly similar it's because they are. So much so that it is difficult to distinguish between the two. Graphically the multiplayer is a huge step down from the single player campaign. In fact it almost looks like you're playing a different game. If multiplayer has any redeeming qualities it's the class systems that allow you to decide how you want to play across the eight maps.

If you're only in it for the multiplayer, Wolfenstein is not the best choice. However, the single player is a whole lot of fun with a good length and plenty of reason to play through more than once. If you're looking for a good single player FPS, pick up Wolfenstein, you won't regret it. Just don't expect a lot from the multiplayer.

:P :P

Read the full article here.

are the sw and obj mode same or is this review bit bs?

Veteran

Postby fUnner » Sat Aug 22, 2009 18:34

the only hope for the multiplayer is the pro mod.

players (who made the pro mod for ET:QW) are already working on it.
Making the hud more simplyfy.. real setting coming, when the code is avi

Veteran

Postby Buu » Sat Aug 22, 2009 21:29

blah this game is kinda short already completed it well its nice but nothing rly special multiplayer will be rly crazy becouse of this powers n a lot of uberweapons (f.e flame in ET u need few sec to kill 1 guy in wolf u need to waste 1 ammo -less than 1 sec also tesla gun amd this 44 german thigy like bfg in quake)
you say joe bros - i say Green Day
you say lil Wayne - i say Linkin Park
you say snoop dog- i say Bullet For My Valentine
you say britney- i say sum 41
you say soulja boy- i say blink 182
you say rap- i say LISTEN TO REAL MUSIC
you say pop- i say ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spam Noob

Postby JohnSinclair » Sun Sep 13, 2009 17:59

This game is the worsest game i ever played. The singleplayer is even worser than the multiplayer. I played it a few minutes and then i gave it away.
Thx Drag

Spam Pro

Postby wardew » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:28

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6217169.html

http://kotaku.com/5346302/raven-hit-by-layoffs-some-point-to-lackluster-wolfenstein-sales

sure this is a bad news... omg... 8O

sure it's not a innovative game.... it look very old school...
but it is not the worse one that it has never seen...
the obj was make a oldschool fpsgame bit different respect to CoD..
don't forget that these games wear the same label...
raven in my eyes don't fail.. but the market turn to another way...
bye bye :roll:

Spam Noob

Postby ascalon666 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 19:49

is it worth to download/buy?

Previous

Return to Enemy Territory Talk