Mortar at Exit

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Spam Pro

Mortar at Exit

Postby wardew » Sat Jul 26, 2008 20:07

the mortar:
frequently i see (especially on large servers) that some players keep under aim the spawn exit...
now... if u wanna aim the enemy path ok... on the main access to obj ok...
some players say often use another exit... but often also the others exit is under mortar aim..... this boring behavior kill the fun and for me is offensive like sk...
sorry for my orrible english... i wait your opinion... :)

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sat Jul 26, 2008 21:10

It can be pretty annoying to get killed by that but mortar rounds are pretty predictable unlike artillery. If U follow the situation few secs in spawn and leave after the projectile has met the ground u will survive it easily.

However, if u get killed while u were waiting inside coz of that mortar, its SK, no matter what exit it is.

Pretty lame to do mortaring like that but requires some skill to do it without cam.

Spam Pro

Postby wardew » Sat Jul 26, 2008 21:36

GoldenBullet wrote:It can be pretty annoying to get killed by that but mortar rounds are pretty predictable unlike artillery. If U follow the situation few secs in spawn and leave after the projectile has met the ground u will survive it easily.

ok but i am forced to follow this solution and i can't choose the better way for defend the obj----> the map is lost....
I prefer to be killed from panzerfaust insted of foxy mortarspawner.. :evil:

Spam Pro

Postby wardew » Sat Jul 26, 2008 22:28

my suggestion:

g_spawnInvul--->extend the time
g_noAttacklInvul 1---> no spawn shield if u begin to attack

this is the end of skillers.. and foxy mortarspawner... maybe now i can leave from spawn unwounded... :)

Spam God

Postby flow » Sat Jul 26, 2008 22:29

i don't die for mortaring very much, but that is annouying when some1 mortar in spawn exit...
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Jul 26, 2008 23:40

there are many types of players, and in this example there are players who find it fun to sit in one place and shoot in one place, btw i dont see any fun in that. but its allowed.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:51

I'm not sure about this mortar shooting to spawn exit cuz somebody says its allowed and somebody says its not allowed. :wth:
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby deep » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:37

Ch3atBu5ter wrote:I'm not sure about this mortar shooting to spawn exit cuz somebody says its allowed and somebody says its not allowed. :wth:
well it's allowed as long as it's not damaging players inside spawn. but i wanted to ask, if all spawn exits are under attack and players cant get out- is this allowed too?

Spam God

Postby nick » Tue Jul 29, 2008 20:52

Diamond wrote:
Ch3atBu5ter wrote:(..)
well it's allowed as long as it's not damaging players inside spawn. but i wanted to ask, if all spawn exits are under attack and players cant get out- is this allowed too?

then its time for a shuffle i think

Spam Noob

Postby Lorelei » Thu Aug 21, 2008 13:36

i agree that mortar at spawn exit it's annoying, and i would like it to be forbidden, maybe a poll would clarify the situation.
empty

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Thu Aug 21, 2008 13:48

if you always die in your spawn exit then you should use other exit :P simple.
If you get damage in your spawn then just tell admin I get damage in my own spawn by mortar (when there isnt any admin take demo or tell to that person who is using mortar).

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Thu Aug 21, 2008 14:21

since there is (normaly) only one mortar available per team, both exits cant be under mortar fire whole the time... Mortar fire on spawn exits is allowed when it doesnt hit people who are still in spawn and when the spawn has 2 or more exits. It doesnt really matter if you think its lame or not. Just time your departure well or use the other exits.
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Thu Aug 21, 2008 14:39

In my eyes it IS spawn killing, hitting spawn would just kill farmers because of the spawn protection; shooting the exit is denying the team to leave.
I normaly watch the ground for the signs of mortar, if there is space to stop and watch it fall..get the timing right and leave. Unlike in goldrush where the front exit you cant stop...bastards behind push you into it :roll:
The second exit is to avoid pile ups, not to give a choice for the mortar to shoot down on :( You're aiming AT spawn in the aim to KILL the people who JUST spawned, the only thing seporating rule breaking is afew inches.

Its like throwing a rock at a car but aiming to miss the driver side; driver opens the door and gets hit by the rock.
If the driver was lucky and waited afew seconds he would be fine, he could have got out the passanger side but why should he climb over? because the person throwing the rock said so?
The rock thrower isnt in trouble though..he wasnt actually aiming at the car, he only hit it because the driver opened the door, so its the drivers fault.
crazy i tells ya
:roll:

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Thu Aug 21, 2008 15:07

Audio wrote:You're aiming AT spawn in the aim to KILL the people who JUST spawned, the only thing seporating rule breaking is afew inches.

you are NOT aiming at spawn, You are aiming at spawn EXIT
Exit isn't your spawn !!!

You spawn inside and you come out and then die, you die at your spawn EXIT, not in your spawn. :wink:

spawn is a place where Team respawns. But you don't spawn at exit.

Spawn = Spawn
Exit = Not Spawn

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Thu Aug 21, 2008 15:58

Garfield wrote:
Audio wrote:You're aiming AT spawn in the aim to KILL the people who JUST spawned, the only thing seporating rule breaking is afew inches.

you are NOT aiming at spawn, You are aiming at spawn EXIT
Exit isn't your spawn !!!

You spawn inside and you come out and then die, you die at your spawn EXIT, not in your spawn. :wink:

spawn is a place where Team respawns. But you don't spawn at exit.

Spawn = Spawn
Exit = Not Spawn

Qft, I A bit Hate Yea When I Get Motared But Then The Next time Il Wait Untill The Motart Shoots On The Ground :P

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Thu Aug 21, 2008 19:14

What about the time it takes to leave through the exit?
Isnt the rule there to give you the chance to get out and play instead of instantly dying? it takes what...2-4 seconds to get yourself to the exit? where you get blasted and have to wait another 30seconds to try to play the game.

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Thu Aug 21, 2008 20:24

Audio wrote:What about the time it takes to leave through the exit?
Isnt the rule there to give you the chance to get out and play instead of instantly dying? it takes what...2-4 seconds to get yourself to the exit? where you get blasted and have to wait another 30seconds to try to play the game.

just use other exit and you can play more then 2-4 seconds.
as i know in goldrush there are 3 exits. You don't have to choose that one, where is mortar aiming. :wink:

Bronze Star

Postby castdead » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:43

Oh my, a lot of mortar threads hehe.

Now, in my opinion a mortar positioned near a spawn, but not hurting the spawned and when they have different option of ways to use (or they can just time ...) is nothing more/nothing less then a strategic usage.

If people of other team complain ... learn to avoid it, it ain't that hard.

Often when it happens that I TK (near enemy spawn, not in it ofc), the TK'ed becomes enraged, but I don't understand what's he's doing there in the first place haha, going to spawn???
Gnu = Gnu is Not Unix
Wine = Wine Is Not an Emulator
Prime = Prime Rules In My ET

Spam King

Postby LuXoFluXe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:51

is it allowed when: If spawn got a door, and mortar i before the door,,
most of the time u cant get hitten inside,, but if someone open door and ur still inside... u've got hitten ! ( like in Over The Top :D) happens
is that allowed ?

Grz
lick dem´ pussies.

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:03

No, That isnt allowed bec the ppl are getting hit Inside the spawn...

Spam Pro

Postby wardew » Sun Aug 24, 2008 14:12

castdead wrote:Oh my, a lot of mortar threads hehe.

it was not my intention destroy the forum for this problem...
arty and mortar at exit it's for me an unfair behavior.. a easy way for get a long killing spree... but it's only my opinion... thE PS headlines have alreay convey their opinion...(allowed)

maybe it's time to lock? :?

Spam King

Postby LuXoFluXe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 20:20

DEW wrote:maybe it's time to lock? :?

nah,, that wil be impresive for the servers ! i think :?
lick dem´ pussies.

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:10

Locking mortar would be nice but I think he meant to Lock the thread before things get hairy..like an orange cat n___n :P

Official Member

Postby Damelon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:10

if there isnt another exit = spawnblocking and thata definity spawnkilling
but if you have another exit use it and you will survive (a bit :x )
nosense topic for my eyes but ok i let this topic open a little more...

Return to Enemy Territory Talk