Tips, tricks and tactics for newbies and for the progressive

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:09

General tips:

1 ) Never EVER reload after battle, unless U are 100% sure that theres no one left/U have teammates to cover U. Too many times U reload and get overrun by enemy

2 ) When dueling, sprint and strafe and sometimes crouch. When on long range go prone or crouch (depending U have something that shields U)

3 ) When U use knife, push ur enemy. Then U hit but he doesnt. This is perfect plan on underwater battle. Also, use poison first, if U are quicker.

4 ) Try put dynamite as hard place as U can imagine. This takes time for enemy engies to defuse it, especially if its VERY hard to find.

5 ) Try to get people follow U. U have bigger chance to kill someone than get urself killed when ur not alone

6 ) The ultimate "Master plan": When U are in map, where are lots of tight corridors, take MG. Then start walking in corridors. When U face enemy, crouch and start shooting. The secret is to stay VERY close to enemy. If the player is not as good as can be, he cant hit U very good, giving U an easy kill.

7 ) Non-used, but possible stradegy for coverts: take disguises and playdead. The teammates dont mind if U playdead (or get suspicious and start shooting U :D) giving U superb possibility to cackstab them.

8 ) To move around fast, do bunnyhopping and doublejumping. its way faster than just sprinting!

9 ) Find ur sensitivity. Natural sensitivity is the key for best fragging!

10 ) Heal teammates. Wounded people wont help U a bit!

11 ) Aim neck. If U dont hit head, at least U hit body!
Last edited by GoldenBullet on Sun Dec 09, 2007 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

Talented Spammer

Postby Scyther » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:19

6) The ultimate "Master plan": When U are in map, where are lots of tight corridors, take MG. Then start walking in corridors. When U face enemy, crouch and start shooting. The secret is to stay VERY close to enemy. If the player is not as good as can be, he cant hit U very good, giving U an easy kill.

Hahahahh! Yeah some mobile mg's actually killed me that way :rofl:
Heres one close fight trick:
Keep your aim on head hight, move through the corner face enemy
with crossair on head. strafe incoming fire, don't move your mouse
onto the body. keep on headhight and with strafing you can keep the
crossair on him making you a 3hs kill. :)

Ps: mine mouse sensitivity is 6.29 whats yours folks? :)

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:26

Scyther > mouse sentsitivity depend on your mouse quality, its dpi, the usb poll rate, your screen resolution, the quality of your mousepad if you have one, so mouse sensitivity really can't be compared to other.

The important thing is that YOU find a good sensitivity for YOUr hardware. That's all. (btw, my mouse sensitivity is very very low : 0.468 :P )

Official Member

Postby Union » Sun Dec 09, 2007 13:58

I play with 1.5 (very high for me as a low sens player, but i have to get used to highsens...1.5 with my razer diamondback - 2cm left/right == 360 )
Hw and settings:
- razer diamondback @ 1600DPI
- usb rate 250Hz (default in linux i think - can't afford 1000Hz becouse of the printer and other usb gizmos)
- screen res. 1680x1050
- mouse set to 1.0x with 0px, 1px (kubuntu)
- razer exact mat mousepad (control side)
And as spyhawk said allready...find your "ultimate sensetivity", try one setting and aim at something small, then strafe left/right (with and without stamina)...
A great tutorial written by Raziel can be found (use google), where he explained (with vids) how you can know, when it's the perfect sens

Bronze Star

Postby fluffY » Sun Dec 09, 2007 14:30

i think i using like 3 - 4 sens in my ET options o.O but i dont know hy HW seettings ^^.

and i have razer Viper mouse, and razer eXactMatX Speed side.

Greets
.ShorT

Spam Lord

Postby 3o6k0 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 23:35

I will add them tomorow

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sat Jun 07, 2008 20:41

i know it is late.. i first started a other topic but maybe it is nice to put my tricks here

Underwater: knifing, when you are in a knife fight hold F(the button for'push') you hit him, he is hitting you only a bit.

execute: When executing mortars or crouching peeps, u have to crouch urself.

COv op9 skill: you can say to the enemy when in disguise: v21 en v22. Do this also when you dont need it, people will think you are in their team. and so you can knife someone straight in his face:D

Grave Robbery tip: when axis cov op take teleport, go to the spot where allies are running to the stairs. when they passed, use adrenaline run trough their spawn to the spot where the allies are always hanging around the hole with the escape ladder. And you can push them in:D easiest way to kill, and also funny :wink:

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sat Jun 07, 2008 22:07

I wanna do this too! :D

Ammz' tricks

1. In very close combat (where you've space around you) act totally crazy! I mean like do everything you possibly can to avoid getting hit by enemy while doing headshots at his confused head!

1.1 DOUBLE jump OVER your enemy and land behind him... (Remember OVER.)

1.2 Prone, Crouch... but don't stay in same position the whole fight (which approximately lasts 8 seconds max.)

1.3 If you can see your mp-40/thomspon whatever, runs out of ammo and you know that your enemy has a lot more health switch to your AKIMBOS!! Always Aim at the head. (PS: Try to practice your Akimbo aim. The important thing is too shoot as fast as possible with your akimbos while actually hitting someone.)

1.4 If you're really screwed (no ammo at all) switch to knife and sprint as close as possible to your enemy and KNIFE! I've killed pro's with this :roll:

2. Common Situation. You open the door enemy stands right in front of you. The only thing to do is PRONE while aiming at the head. The enemy WILL get confused and try to back off. Doing so you get a lot of Headshots = enemy dead.

3. While in stressed situations where you're reloading and have no time to gib the enemy you've just killed. DOUBLE JUMP ON THE BODY! This will gib the body and saves you time. (Notice you'll not get ammo/med packs by jumping on bodies)

4. Situation: You're double jumping very fast and see an enemy. While in air RIGHT BEFORE landing press x which will make you prone very fast. While landing on ground aim at enemies head and SHOOT.

5. Engineer defusing, Engineer planting... Enemy with objective near goal. You're shooting but you can't kill the enemy fast enough.
Solution -> PUSH THE ENEMY AWAY!!!

That's all for now. :)
Last edited by Ammz on Sat Jun 07, 2008 22:43, edited 4 times in total.
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sat Jun 07, 2008 22:24

that sounds good ammz :) i am already laughing at the idea of double jumping very fast prone and kill someone :P

Spam Noob

Postby GonZoStyliE » Sat Jun 07, 2008 22:34

Tips for people posting tips...Ask someone who can speak proper english help you edit your posts before posting them. I volunteer myself.

GonZ

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sat Jun 07, 2008 22:38

tips for people posting such posts as the one who posted before me: dont post them :P

Spam Noob

Postby GonZoStyliE » Sun Jun 08, 2008 17:40

Offering to help people with proper english?!?! WTF is wrong with that? It is a language you will all have to learn to speak eventually, it is THE universal language. I didn't insult anyone. So whats wrong with me offering to help?

GonZ

Veteran

Postby tukker » Sun Jun 08, 2008 17:52

They way you said it looked like "GonZo knows best" ;p

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Jun 08, 2008 21:15

imo we dont need proper english, we are not here to speak english but to understand each other, and you dont need proper english for that.

Official Member

Postby deep » Sun Jun 08, 2008 21:36

if u need to know i understand all. btw no English class here! and about the tips: when im doing 1on1 with someone in close combat then i try to go behind him very fast so he cant move hes mouse that fast and i'll do headshots at the same time. another trick that i like to do is crouching sometimes in 1on1 so it makes the opponents aiming harder and at the same time moving unpredictable like not in sideways and so on.

Spam God

Postby Ajdija » Sun Jun 08, 2008 22:46

nicee will help all new ppl :)

my sugestion: do /pmove_fixed 1
better jumps ( but if u wanna use tank shut it down (/pmove_fixed 0))

Spam God

Postby nick » Sun Jun 08, 2008 23:30

extra newbies tips:

always check the chat boxs, most of the time the more experienced players give you instructions.
and if you dont know something dont be scared of the chat...

varoth wrote:3. in order to infiltrate without raising the enemy's suspicions, try acting like one of them. first of all, when you run from your team's area to the enemy's, don't go with your face to them. try walking backwards, as if you face your own team. when you are together with the enemies, dont go around them if they look at you, because it'll get them suspicious. Varoth

also when ur lvl is high enough you can shoot some bullits in the direction of you're own team, this makes the picture complete. (this of course doesnt work with silenced weapons...)[/quote]

Veteran

Postby tukker » Mon Jun 09, 2008 13:43

My best tip is to download "Aiming by RaZiel", and follow that guide. Although it's a great guide, I don't think it will work in NQ, since everyone uses adrenaline and strafes faster than light, which sucks imo. But for ETpro, you will really need this tutorial. My other tip is to do 1v1 with your friend, only to test some new things out like configs or mouse sensitivities. Also make your own config.

Shooting tips:
- When the enemy isn't shooting at you, or he is far away, duck and shoot. You will hit way more this way. Don't forget the runpitch/runroll/bobpitch/bobroll/bobyaw settings ofcourse.
- Have a key to toggle the sensitivity higher or lower. e.g. When shooting from a long distance you can better use a low sensitivity. A FOV toggler can be helpfull too.
- Never prone in a fight, you will get hsed easily and when you get hit, you can't stand up/shoot back.

Ofcourse there are a lot more tips and hints, but most of them are already given in this topic.

My 2 cents.

Oh and ofcourse use a headset. This will prevent you from bein raped 8 out of 10 times

Spam Pro

Postby Edhell » Wed Jun 11, 2008 19:52

ET-pro 2 person sk-trick:

Medic and Soldier-panzer should go to enemy spawn short before they are about to spawn ... medic should kill panzer-boy and revive him few seconds after enemy have spawned and hide behind his back ... panzer boy should make a little massacre as he used to... :twisted:

Very effective when panzer boy will block spawn exit (shield after revive) :roll:

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Jun 11, 2008 21:19

Edhell wrote:ET-pro 2 person sk-trick:

Medic and Soldier-panzer should go to enemy spawn short before they are about to spawn ... medic should kill panzer-boy and revive him few seconds after enemy have spawned and hide behind his back ... panzer boy should make a little massacre as he used to... :twisted:

Very effective when panzer boy will block spawn exit (shield after revive) :roll:

u have to be fast.

Spam Pro

Postby Edhell » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:59

-hunter- wrote:
Edhell wrote:ET-pro 2 person sk-trick:

u have to be fast.

or have spawn timer script

Previous

Return to Enemy Territory Talk