What makes this game... Unique

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Spam Kid

What makes this game... Unique

Postby AWCADDET » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:13

I have played quite a few Online FPS games for the PC, but none of them can compare to this. I have played games like Battlefield 2, Counter Strike Source, and Call of Duty 2 and many others from the like of NovaLogic etc. Those games are great, don't get me wrong. But there is something about Wolf ET that all ways comes out on top for me.

Although BF2/CSS/COD2 have a much greater graphics/physics detail, they just don't cut it when compared to Wolf ET for me. Wolf ET has the ranks and levels to work up to for each class, and a few servers out there have some real nice people on which makes it enjoyable to play on (PS for example :P)
Yes, i do praise whoever worked up XP save, otherwise what i just said above would be rather pointless.

Ok, i admit, this game doesn't have as many customizations as, say CSS has. And sure, it isn't as fancy with it graphics details. But For me, that isn't what makes a game... It is it's game play.

These days we see big brand games trying to get better and better in terms of graphics and realism... Hello! a "game" isn't supposed to be real. And with all these new games comes more players experiencing errors because of compatibility and PC power.

Having the freedom in games such as BF2 is nice, very nice, driving around and flying in maps is a neat concept, but the gameplay just isn't as fun. You find yourself stressfully trying to kill some guy, when you finally do, you get called noob and a hacker. These what i call "MMOFPS" games get loads of problems as well. The hitboxes get crapped up by the fact everyone has different net speeds and the graphics on the game just drag it down too much.
CSS is a great game and i love it, but the fact that as soon as you finish a map, you have nothing to show for it. Also simply running around trying to save hostages or plant a bomb gets boring, and tones down the fun of a game into serious business.

Sorry about such a long writing, but thats what i think. Other games out there are great, but Wolf ET has so much more to offer, for example

- You can actually help your team by other means than shooting anything that moves
- There are many great maps out there, each with its own special something
- The fact that it doesn't need such a powerful PC for graphics and file size means loads of other people can play it

And i could go on and on... :P

So yeah, thats what i think, also the fact that it is so unknown (when i mention it in school, like no one plays it) is a bit weird.

Feel free to post your views fellow people!

PS Founder

Postby landser » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:28

nice text ... it will probably attract some people who search in google for games ...
so if a google searcher ever reads that and concludes to join this game, download it from here: http://www.prime-squadron.com/final/dow ... WolfET.exe
our servers are viewed here: http://et.rapidhail.pl/ :P

Return to Enemy Territory Talk