Spawn-definition

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Veteran

Spawn-definition

Postby Timon » Sat Aug 25, 2007 17:05

Hello, cause of many ambiguous opinions abaut how big is sapwn place I made this topic and I really want to hear what is the definition of spawn.
Rulebook wrote:"spawn (the place(s) on the map where the players start)"
Hmm well players not always spawn in bulding (when in building we know that the spawn is the building [oasis] or room in bigger building etc.).
Prpblem starts if we have open area. How big is spawn there? Someone will tell that it's a place when he is standig after deploying or small square 2x2. Example: darji2. Mob take into account Sammos case becasue axis spawn area isn't marked clearly at Falcon.

I hope i didn't make unuslles topic :/

Timon

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sat Aug 25, 2007 17:58

well I might take SK in something like these

Rounded spawn: Has walls but no roof. Example is goldrush axis 2nd spawn.
As axis spawns, they have 2 choices: Go the fastets way to the court yard or go bit longer to the bank doors. SK is if someone shoots to that area where they spawn imo. NOT the corridor or other area near it. Setting arty near the "fast-corridor" is NOT SK thou some people seem to take it as SK. BUT if the artys explosion radius reaches the spawn area (= U get killed by it even if U are not in corridor yet) IS SK.

Small house spawn: Example of oasis axis first spawn/allies 2nd. Shooting to the house or setting artillery so it hits people inside it or making explosives same way, IS SK. (Thou people kill people in cabinets, but if U didnt know, U can also spawn directly to the cabinet room. Still... I think killing people in the cabinets is not taken as SK no?)

open area spawn: If there is absolutely no kind of barricades surronding the spawn, it truly is hard to say if its SK or not. Lets take battery for example (allies 1st and primary) If U are axis and look down to the beach, U cant normally see if there is people BEFORE the beach MG. I would take SK if someone shoots BEFORE this little MG, sets artys before it OR support fires the area, is SK. If there is no MG, lets say after spawn shield (5 secs) if person gets killed under 2 secs OR hasnt movent "5 meters" ingame, is SK. ofc, if person refuses move 5 meters or so, is SC.

platform spawn: Same map, but now axis 1st. As axis has that funky platform there with MG and people usually throws supports and nades from there, is NOT taken as SK if U kill people there. But shooting people NOT standing in the platform IS SK. Warren made one good pick of it.. couldnt find it :/
edit: Here we are :D

Hope U get it :)[/img]

Spam Kid

Postby lock-kry-head » Sat Aug 25, 2007 20:22

GoldenBullet wrote:well I might take SK in something like these

Small house spawn: Example of oasis axis first spawn/allies 2nd. Shooting to the house or setting artillery so it hits people inside it or making explosives same way, IS SK. (Thou people kill people in cabinets, but if U didnt know, U can also spawn directly to the cabinet room. Still... I think killing people in the cabinets is not taken as SK no?)

Before destroy Oasis Wall ??

But fight in capturable spawn is not SK

Veteran

Postby Deminwarrior » Sat Aug 25, 2007 22:23

golden you make it complicated really how you gonna uphold the rule with heavy weapons????

real difficult

Veteran

Postby X-avier » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:20

DeminWarrior wrote:golden you make it complicated really how you gonna uphold the rule with heavy weapons????

real difficult

Heavy wep in every kind of spawn is Forbidden,

Not in any situation ,

not at : Flag or just spawn.

Thats the rule demin , if you mentioned about something else edit you post and make it more clear:)

Grtz Xav

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:55

GoldenBullet wrote:
well I might take SK in something like these

Before destroy Oasis Wall ??

But fight in capturable spawn is not SK

Before and after the break of oasis wall. Axis 1st/allies 2nd. Shooting to spawn with flag AND TRYING TO CAPTURE IT is NOT SK. But if U DONT TRY to capture it, its SK all the same. Heavy weapons or arty/supo are all SK flag or no flag.

And ofc U cant put this kind of horribility (in size) to rulebook I think. This is my view what is spawn-definition. What is urs? tell us :D

Veteran

Postby Deminwarrior » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:16

k xavier doesnt understand :)

1. look at Goldens pic (green and red zone )
2. think an allied use panzer and shoots in the GREEN zone :) what is no SK cause of the Green zone u see.
3. some unlucky panzer comes into the red zone (splash) who is gonna take the responsibility of saying hey your out SK while he actually followed the rulez shooting in the green zone.

So i guess it is clear :) what I mean :). I always thought the complete bunker was spawn and cause the maps is created like this shooting inside the bunker is just allowed :). it has never been a problem*let me repeat* NEVER. so why make it more difficult as it is.
-> complete bunker = spawn
-> shooting in and out of spawn allowed
-> No heavy weapons (what is kinda strange on this map) so maybe here it should be allowed :) or at least not punished dramatic :)

SO xavier dont enlighten me about the rulez cause i know them very well :)

point is that the rulez are unclear and making such a diffrence IN 1 spawn area for me is making matter only more difficult :)

grtz Demin

edit:
Maybe some of you know the Hirnlos/Hirntot community they made on every map an red/blue area to mark the spawn area's :) maybe this is an easy solution :)

Spam Kid

Postby Vanhaomena » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:18

There's a 3 second godmode when you spawn, use it instead of sitting still in your own spawn.

Veteran

Postby X-avier » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:22

Yes you are right Demin , but if you shoot with heavy wep in the green spot there is an big chance you dmg, kill people that are in the red zone , but like Vanhaomena said use the 3 sec godmode you have at respawn, so you go away.

And i dont remind you of any rules, i just tought you mentioned that about heavy wep , because it wasn't that clear , thanks for the other post now i get it.

Take it easy.. take a sisi :)

Return to Enemy Territory Talk