Made suggestion.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Server High Admin

Made suggestion.

Postby GoldenBullet » Sun Jun 03, 2007 16:05

Hello.

Sometime ago I made suggestion to Shitstorm.org website about engy level 9 skill, because it wasnt made yet. So I entered this text:

I wrote:I have idea for engy level 9.

-Hand repairing and defusing.-
Some maps include stationary MGs free to use by anyone. Sometimes those MGs get broken by enemy, making them smoke. U need to be engy to repair those MGs, but Ur not always an engy, thats why this skill enables U to repair those MGs when u are NOT engy, like medics "field resurrection" level 9.

I thought that the repairing would work best, if U just aim to the damaged gun and hold use-button (F) for a couple of seconds or so. Then U can use it freely again.

Other suggestion, is landmine defusing without being engy. Work with same idea than upper. Just aim to triggered mine, and hold F (This can be bad, if theres teammate on it, and U accidentally push him :S) and after couple of secs, ur free to roam again!

Bad idea?

Same question. Would U like to have such skill in NQ?
btw. If U have something to add in that message board, I posted it here,
http://shitstorm.org/viewtopic.php?p=67607#67607

Spam Pro

Postby sammos » Sun Jun 03, 2007 16:23

i think it is a good idea golden
especially the last one
kep up the good work :lol: :lol:

Veteran

Postby Scuba_Steve » Sun Jun 03, 2007 18:22

Good idea, but what you said is when a teammate is on a mine and you want to defuse it and you push him its not very good, maybe they should give someone with a lvl 9 engi some kind of screwdriver so you can fix the mines and MG?

But good idea btw :!:

Veteran

Postby Repta » Sun Jun 03, 2007 21:39

the 2nd idea is bad it makes mines even more useless, it also discourage teamwork.

Spam Noob

Postby YaasaR » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:56

First 1 idea is good 8)

Official Member

Postby addshore » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:20

I would go for the first one

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:29

I made another suggestion about battle sense 5.
It lets U run 10% faster than before, allowing U to catch slower opponents and stab them, but also making trickjumps more easy!

good, bad?

Veteran

Postby Repta » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:30

GoldenBullet wrote:I made another suggestion about battle sense 5.
It lets U run 10% faster than before, allowing U to catch slower opponents and stab them, but also making trickjumps more easy!

good, bad?

lol i can already stab every1 in the back when they run away. I don t think it is needed.

Veteran

Postby Wastl » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:42

All of this makes ppl with high xp and skills more powerful. So its even harder to kill ppl with high xp. Althought its very nice to be able to fix mgs without a plier and run 10 % faster ;)

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:53

Wastl wrote:All of this makes ppl with high xp and skills more powerful. So its even harder to kill ppl with high xp. Althought its very nice to be able to fix mgs without a plier and run 10 % faster ;)

yes agreed, thats why I tried to make that level 9 engy more fair to other players. I also thought mines that people cant see, but that would be utterly unfair.

Spam Kid

Postby RAmpaGE » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:06

I would go for lockpicking, open any door regadless if it is locked for that team.
It should take 3-5 seconds of course.

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:08

RAmpaGE wrote:I would go for lockpicking, open any door regadless if it is locked for that team.
It should take 3-5 seconds of course.

NO that ruins game. There were a suggestion about dynamite kicking away from teh OBJ. both ruins game. Nop, never.

(sorry for such a harsh opinion :/)

Veteran

Postby Repta » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:13

The problem with noquater is that it starts to begin to look like a RPG, and that is bad. Just like the BF series, you need to play a long time before you have all the upgrades. When you don t have them you will get owned because, you don t have them.

Veteran

Postby Wastl » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:20

Did they lockpick in WWII?

Spam Kid

Postby RAmpaGE » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:29

Ofcourse they did, LOL. And all of them where carrying 4 panzerfausts with em, and shit load of ammo, and they where doublejumping too....

Besides that, what do i need to defuse a mine when i can spot em in 2 split seconds? And blow them up afterwards. To reach engineering level 9 u must by far have bettle sense level 4.

Hmmm ruins the game...
But anyway a covert can open the door for all if he has a uni, and this way u will have defenders guard more points even objective and not pindown attackers in 2 points they pass through or even spawnkill.

I mean spawnkilling makes no difference if u kill em after they walked 10 steps and start shooting, by server rules its not spawnkilling but hey it works also.

I would prefer a no limits server guys, free panzas flamers, landmines, lockpicks, and of course no whining, join this server at your own risk. Isnt there anyspace on PS for serv like that???!!?!

(Sorry for hijacking the thread a little bit, but hey its et talk)
Last edited by RAmpaGE on Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:34, edited 2 times in total.

Veteran

Postby Repta » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:31

Wastl wrote:Did they lockpick in WWII?

lol, i think people have been lock picking for a long time, but what is the use of a lockpick tool when you can use a grenade to blow that thin metal door.

the problem with this idea is that it also discourage teamwork, it makes maps like fueldump very hard to defend because the engineer can lockpick the door.

RAmpaGE wrote:Ofcourse they did, LOL. And all of them where carrying 4 panzerfausts with em, and shit load of ammo, and they where doublejumping too....

Hmmm ruins the game...
But anyway a covert can open the door for all if he has a uni, and this way u will have defenders guard more points even objective and not pindown attackers in 2 points they pass through or even spawnkill.

I mean spawnkilling makes no difference if u kill em after they walked 10 steps and start shooting, by server rules its not spawnkilling but hey it works also.

I would prefer a no limits server guys, free panzas flamers, landmines, lockpicks, and of course no whining, join this server at your own risk. Isnt there anyspace on PS for serv like that???!!?!

(Sorry for hijacking the thread a little bit, but hey its et talk)

the etpro server at war settings i think.

Veteran

Postby Alkohol » Mon Jun 04, 2007 15:25

to the first post here:

first idea: maybe useful and great!
2nd one: never!! mines are underpowerd on much NQ server (in etpro u need only 1mine to kill someone) on the most u can see mines with a low level and make them visible with a low level 2 defusing them with engy 9 ?? no dont do it!

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Jun 04, 2007 15:27

I agree that 1st idea was the idea what I thought first. But I added the 2nd one, defusing mines, to see what people say.

1st = main idea
2nd = alt. idea.

But what U think about that speed upgrade alko?

Veteran

Postby Alkohol » Mon Jun 04, 2007 15:31

hmm nice if u are a covert ops to backstab ppl! but for the high xp <-> low xp discusion?? do it, but not for medics, cause rambomedics shouldn´t be upgraded!

hope u understand what i want to sqay, its not easy, cause my bad school english ;-)

Return to Enemy Territory Talk