Whaleclient pb

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Veteran

Whaleclient pb

Postby Xander » Mon May 28, 2007 15:16

Ok guys i have a little problem...
Well when i play on some servers, right after i reconnect on a ps server, whaleclient doesn't works anymore, colored bind r gone and hitsounds of caurse.
But whaleclient is still on in my menu (not in-game but the other).
So the only way I have to get my hitsounds on (after trying hitsounds on and cg_hitsound 1) is to put wh files in my etmain again....It sucks....

My solution is to stop playing on others servers but i'm not sure it's ok for me lol

So do u have this problem too and if yes or no do u know how to solve it ??

Thx in advance mates ! :wink:
-|PS|-*Xand3r'.....Cop for Prime-Squadron

Veteran

Postby mem » Mon May 28, 2007 16:05

whaleclient can only works with unpure servers, or pure servers which have it too, so you can't use it on ps1, 2 and 3 for now, only on ps4 and 5.

for your colored binds, just copy/paste them from your etpub config to nq one :wink:

Veteran

Postby Xander » Mon May 28, 2007 16:26

oops little missunderstanding memn ^^

I talked about other servers (not ps one)....

About pure and unpure servers i don't understand (noob geek eheh) but the weird thing is that hitsounds works on the other server on which i go ( 81.171.125.208:27960 ) if u wanna have a look (it's not an advert...)

Thx again :D
-|PS|-*Xand3r'.....Cop for Prime-Squadron

Veteran

Postby mem » Mon May 28, 2007 16:47

oops, sorry Mr Xand ! :oops:

about pure or unpure servers : you can see in hlsw or in the server info menu if it's pure or not (sv_pure "1" or "0").
if the server is pure, only .pk3 which are on server are allowed, so if you go on an etpub pure server without whaleclient on i guess your will not work (not sure, i've never tried but the pure cvar is made for that.. the only doubt i have is : is whaleclient running like all other pk3 ?^^)

so, just look on servers you visit if they're pure or not to see if your problems comes from that^^

Talented Spammer

Postby leoo250 » Mon May 28, 2007 21:09

If your binds doesn't work just make config for youserlf :D And load it when you connect to new server :).

And this commands !beer, !cookie...are funny but only for a short time :D
Known as <u><strong>Formel</strong></u> (Forme!) >>See ya on PS#<strong>5 </strong>:)<<<br /><br />Remember! You don\'t play for XP/levels, you play for <u><strong>FUN</strong></u>!<br />

Return to Enemy Territory Talk