Hints and tips by the wabbit to become a better player

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Spam Noob

Hints and tips by the wabbit to become a better player

Postby darkeasterbunny » Sat Apr 29, 2006 14:58

A few small hints and tips for the bigger n00bs among us

All suggestions and comments are welcome (i'm a n00b too you know)

Will post per map hints and tips later (morrow or so, when i'm not lazy anymore)

Don't keep standing in small tunnels/doorways, it blocks your team and as such is bad for your team. Not even if you wanna fill your spawn with ammo ... you can do this outside. Plus in case of a firefight, chances are you'll catch more friendly fire then anything else

Look at what class is needed, why 10 engi's if your defending and there's nothing to build? Medics are almost ALWAYS usefull

If your a medic and in a fire fight and revivable people are around, revive if you can without getting killed, not only can you hide behind the revived person when they are standing up, but it also course makes the odds a bit more your way

Plant mines in SMART places. It's a xpobscene server so just assume EVERYBODY can see the mines. So if you want them be succesfull, plant 'm behind stuff (bushes, in water ect) just around corners, and in places they're sure to jump on to and see 'm way too late. Stupid placed mines just mean covert xp for the enemy

If your team can't get past a tunnel, NEVER underestimate the power of gungrenades and mg's crawling forward

If your the defending team, ALWAYS build your defences early, you might not have the time/chance later

If your running from somebody, never forget you can sometimes jump on doors, few enemy's will see this coming

Don't be afraid to die. It's no use for your team if 10 people are standing in front of a place, afraid to get through, you'll just lose

When in a fight with multiple people, try to get them between you and other enemy's, this way not only can't they shoot you, but chances are, they'll do their teammates quite some damage

If your in a group and SURE you'll die soon, a nade does sometimes makes a nice byebye i'm dead present

ps. Move this if you want but i couldn't find an appropiate section

Veteran

nice

Postby gothicer » Sat Apr 29, 2006 23:59

nice tips and hints, i wanna add two more:
a lot of people who are in a battle go lay on the grond, not good(only on long distance(you aim better)) try to jump around in different directions so its harder to hit you.

when an enemy is running in a goup of youre team, dont use nades ore riflenades, try hit him with thompson, mp40, colt ot luger,
so their is less chance to tk

ps: second one is not really a tip, i think you know it automaticly

a panzer is like a penis, every pussy wants one.

Veteran

Postby phonix » Sun Apr 30, 2006 14:54

never jump arond in a fight u lose aiming concentraction move side to side and crouch, and when aiming at a enemy aim for the the chest u will get more hits tht way than aiming for the legs for head, if u have a shit mouse make your sensitivity about 3.75 so tht u can make a 180 degrees turn in 1 movement. if u are playing gold rush hide behind the boxes at the 1st truck barrior and lean around the box most people will not see u, at the axis first spwan go to the comand post turn left at the command post and go to the door, when by the door you will see a little window on both sides climbing into right hand side one now jump from the window on top of the door, now wait for your enemy and kill them :D. some other points for you noobs out there never i say never stand still and shoot, and never go prone in a fight it is easy to get killed, when shooting at distancs you can crouch and shoot this will help your aim. there are some tricks you can do, on gold rush go to th palm trees by the bank when facing the plam trees chose the one tht is closest to the front go pron next to it then lean left and move your mosue to the right the important thing is tht keep moving your mouse and keep leaning left to make the glitch work, another one is tht you can jump into the pillar out side of the bank entrance how to do this is tht you must jump and crouch into the pillar to make it work you have to time when you crouch after u ahave jumped you must chose the pillar tht is on the right when you are facing the bank entrance this is great for when using a flame thrower. :lol:
have fun
much love
phonix

Veteran

Postby Joky » Sun Apr 30, 2006 15:29

:) what a nice bunny it is...

!carrot bunny

tho noobish to use in some circumstances, adrenaline proves to be a useful item to use when doing objectives/trying to break thru a defence, use it wisely

when you see an enemy not paying attention to you and standing still, aim for the head whilst in crouch position.

if you arent good at getting a clear aim of someone, you might want to set your mousesensitivity a bit lower, that way your crosshair wont fly all over the map missing every enemy you re trying to get a clear aim of, also following the person whilst shooting ll be easier. (this is useful for longer distance fights, real close combat => jumping around eachother n stuff is easier with a higher sensitivity, as you ll be able to make 180's much easier)

as i cannot be bothered to think of more atm, ill stop here

Veteran

Postby phonix » Sun Apr 30, 2006 16:36

jokey u are talking out of your ass never jump around when doing a 1v1 or in a fire fight i think i know a bit more than u when it comes to stuff like this yes i agree with u that using adrenaline is very usefull, but when crouch only use this when u are at a distance never when u are close to a enemy cause death will occur quickly, only set your mouse to a low sensitivity if your mouse has a high dpi but if u have a shit mouse put it to wat i said. :lol: 8)
much love
phonix

Veteran

Postby Joky » Sun Apr 30, 2006 19:47

m?

i dun think that you got my point about adrenaline

and yes, i might be talking crap about the sensitivity... :P

and ehm... why do you think you know more about it then I do? you dont know me, i dont know you... so wtf r u talkin about 0.o (+ its all about experience here... i experience it that way (and about highsens, i didnt mean HIGH, but higher then 2.5 or summit (ive got 2.5 and its working just fine for me, if PS1 would have PB enable, you d see it on SL))

neways, no offence fcourse :P

----------------------

AND ITS JOKY!!!!!!!!! NOT JOKEY, NOT JOCKY, NOT JOKKY, NO, ITS JOKY

----------------------

sorry :P just being a bit frustrated of everyone not spelling my name correctly 0.o i dunno why they do that... it aint THAT hard is it? J, O, K, Y. 4 letters, wouldnt be that hard to copy right. 0.o

neways, fcourse nuffing personal

no harm done :P

im still fooked up from yesterday (queensday, national thingy => parteh all over the country 0.o beer + weed + using those all day long = fooked up next day)

neways...

i cant think of nething nemore, im tired

later

Spam Noob

Postby karvanekonn » Sun May 07, 2006 20:46

these might help

Spam Noob

Postby Shifteh » Mon May 08, 2006 0:55

Obviously one of the best ways to get better.... keep playing :)

Spam Kid

Postby Kumagoro » Sun Jan 07, 2007 14:43

I've got a little problem...

I'm currently using the Q3 style crosshair, but since i'm in 800x600 res, i have to use "medium" sized crosshair making it quite big, whilst setting it to small makes it almost invisible. What crosshair is best for you and what color do you choose it?

Veteran

Postby Repta » Sun Jan 07, 2007 18:11

i am not gonna share 4 years of ET experience (it would become very large :wink: )
but about the crosshair. The best crosshair is the small dot in a color you can see good (red purple etc) a big crosshair is useless because it only blocks your screen. It is easier to shoot headshots with a small crosshair.

The mouse sensitivity, you should set it slowly higher and try what s best for your play style. I have a strange playstyle because i have played a lot in shrub and shrub mods so i am used to the 2X jump. Thats why my mouse sensitivity is pretty high so i can jump a lot in battle and outside of it.

Return to Enemy Territory Talk