ClanBase EuroCup Upper Bracket Final

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Bronze Star

ClanBase EuroCup Upper Bracket Final

Postby GokuSan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 23:36

Match of the year!
http://www.gamestv.org/event/22870-team ... st-resort/

Don't forget to watch this guys! Just copy paste one of the servers with an available slot!

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 0:59

Only watched supply. Always nice to watch some luger pwnage by mAus. One thing that annoys me in those matches is massive selfkilling. I know it is often necessary, but I noticed 2 times that d.Lightning selfkilled, while being shoot and that's unfair imo.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:26

DMG_Kowi wrote:Only watched supply. Always nice to watch some luger pwnage by mAus. One thing that annoys me in those matches is massive selfkilling. I know it is often necessary, but I noticed 2 times that d.Lightning selfkilled, while being shoot and that's unfair imo.

You might think it's unfair but it's not like he's caring.. Just one kill less to the shooter. :P

Spam Pro

Postby CALLEJON » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:56

hmm i missed it, you could have written it earlier goku ^^

Spam Lord

Postby ErsGuterJunge » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:46

mhh cant watch video ..... :roll:

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Mon Dec 06, 2010 14:39

Well, ETPro (wars) aren't really K/D related.
So if you play for victory you normally don't care.

Ofc there are those guys who fancy much kills in their scrims, too. :roll:

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Mon Dec 06, 2010 17:08

DMG_Kowi wrote:Only watched supply. Always nice to watch some luger pwnage by mAus. One thing that annoys me in those matches is massive selfkilling. I know it is often necessary, but I noticed 2 times that d.Lightning selfkilled, while being shoot and that's unfair imo.

ETPro matches aren't about how many kills you gather. The only thing that matters is the objective time. If your spawn timer is at 2 or 1 seconds, of course it's smarter to selfkill if you know you're about to die so you don't have to wait 30 or 20 seconds all over again. It's one of the competitive basics, and nobody is mad if you selfkill in their face in a match... it's just one enemy less.

Also, Lightning played for Dignitas -> Definitely not match of the year :( Remember what happened last time, Goku?

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 19:20

Diclonius wrote:

ETPro matches aren't about how many kills you gather. The only thing that matters is the objective time. If your spawn timer is at 2 or 1 seconds, of course it's smarter to selfkill if you know you're about to die so you don't have to wait 30 or 20 seconds all over again. It's one of the competitive basics, and nobody is mad if you selfkill in their face in a match... it's just one enemy less.

Also, Lightning played for Dignitas -> Definitely not match of the year :( Remember what happened last time, Goku?

It's thank to Lighting's 3men kill on radar that they could take it to win it!
Don't know what you on about.

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Mon Dec 06, 2010 19:36

I don't have the exact logs here, so I will try to reproduce it from my memory

GokuSan: [Insert extreme madness here]
Saevio: What?
GokuSan: [Insert extreme madness due to loss of e-money by betting on dignitas]
Saevio: Yeah, but I said they'd win if Night played. Lightning replaced him
GokuSan: [Insert extreme madness along with a roaring confession of his mistake]

;D

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 19:40

Diclonius wrote:I don't have the exact logs here, so I will try to reproduce it from my memory

GokuSan: [Insert extreme madness along with a roaring confession of his mistake]

;D

You have € 150 on TLR
You lost

What?

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Mon Dec 06, 2010 20:59

GokuSan wrote:
Diclonius wrote:I don't have the exact logs here, so I will try to reproduce it from my memory

;D

You have € 150 on TLR
You lost

What?

http://www.gamestv.org/event/20505-team-dignitas-vs-impact-gaming/

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 21:59

Diclonius wrote:
GokuSan wrote:

;D

You have € 150 on TLR
You lost

What?

http://www.gamestv.org/event/20505-team-dignitas-vs-impact-gaming/

You have € 75 on Impact
You won € 291

Wait wat?

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 22:20

GokuSan wrote:

You might think it's unfair but it's not like he's caring.. Just one kill less to the shooter. :P

eLemenT wrote:Well, ETPro (wars) aren't really K/D related.

Ofc there are those guys who fancy much kills in their scrims, too. Rolling Eyes

Diclonius wrote:

Also, Lightning played for Dignitas -> Definitely not match of the year Sad Remember what happened last time, Goku?

I know it's not for frags and only thing to care of is objective. But I thought that such selfkilling in battle is not allowed (seems I was wrong), especially since you get no xp for this (but on the other hand they do not gain skills there, do they?). Anyway, I think, for spectators it's not very attractive to watch.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 22:23

DMG_Kowi wrote:
GokuSan wrote:

eLemenT wrote:Well, ETPro (wars) aren't really K/D related.

Ofc there are those guys who fancy much kills in their scrims, too. Rolling Eyes

Diclonius wrote:

Also, Lightning played for Dignitas -> Definitely not match of the year Sad Remember what happened last time, Goku?

I know it's not for frags and only thing to care of is objective. But I thought that such selfkilling in battle is not allowed (seems I was wrong), especially since you get no xp for this (but on the other hand they do not gain skills there, do they?). Anyway, I think, for spectators it's not very attractive to watch.

Total Slots: Auto
Viewer Peak: 861

861 people have been watching this together, so I think it's worth for the spectators. ;) And selfkill is allowed at any time. ^^

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Mon Dec 06, 2010 22:24

DMG_Kowi wrote:I know it's not for frags and only thing to care of is objective. But I thought that such selfkilling in battle is not allowed (seems I was wrong), especially since you get no xp for this (but on the other hand they do not gain skills there, do they?). Anyway, I think, for spectators it's not very attractive to watch.

Actually, in pro play, selfkilling is so normal play...its actually part of player skill - to be able selfkill just in time.

The reasons why to selfkill?
-full hp
-full ammo
-spawn with teammates (you dont really want to have team members all around the map)
-no xp for opponent (its still ET pro, they still get skills iirc. But I'm out of this game level too long, no idea now. And 30 extra bullets, or faster reload...oh god, that does so much in these games...)

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 22:28

Keeks wrote:The reasons why to selfkill?
-full hp
-full ammo
-spawn with teammates (you dont really want to have team members all around the map)
-no xp for opponent (its still ET pro, they still get skills iirc. But I'm out of this game level too long, no idea now. And 30 extra bullets, or faster reload...oh god, that does so much in these games...)

Eh, that's obvious. I don't need to be told that ;) But still, I don't like selfkills.

So finally, do they advance in skills?

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 22:29

DMG_Kowi wrote:
Keeks wrote:The reasons why to selfkill?
-full hp
-full ammo

Eh, that's obvious. I don't need to be told that ;) But still, I don't like selfkills.

So finally, do they advance in skills?

No, they don't. :wink:

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Dec 06, 2010 23:21

Selfkills are tactical part of the game.

You rush in when you have low spawn (that means around 5 sec to spawn). You go make as much dmg as you can to make them to low hp and waste their bullets. You spawn again and you got advantage, oppoment is in low ammo and in low hp. It's easier to kill him. But of course oppoment will also push when he got low spawn and he tries to do you the same, kill you or waste your hp and ammo. It's all tactics tactics tactics, and in etpro you play for objective not for kills. To make objective you need tactics and that's that reason why most of the NQ players hate to play in Etpro because they don't have game eye, etc (no offence) and it's hard for them.

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Tue Dec 07, 2010 0:44

And also selfkill is to prevent that you get killed and have full spawntime, which is sucky (one player less for your team, your team has to face one player more).

- To be honest, it happens quite often to me (missing spawntime) and i have to be more careful.

If you don't selfkill (and rest team does),
you are alone and have to face spawning opponents.
In worst case -> full spawntime.

If you selfkill, you rush with your team, heal, tax, you are together and there is a stable structure. - teamplay.
means less wholes where the enemy can break through the defense.
Or vice versa, more chances to a successful attack.

PS: Its quite late and the post might look bit confusing :p

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 15:13

PFF dont like the long NOQ no selfkill timer on some servers makes u give up on selfkilling cuz u have to wait to long after fight makes u miss spawn or something like that and makes u nab :)

Return to Enemy Territory Talk