Tank hopping

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Official Member

Tank hopping

Postby DMG_Kowi » Fri Nov 26, 2010 23:35

Some people do very annoying thing. When they are attacked near tank, they quickly jump on and out the tank, what makes them very hard to catch. It's not a rulebreak, cheat an so on... but it's very annoying. I know I can't force admins to forbid this and it would be hard to tell everybody not to do this... But please, have some class and don't do this!

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Nov 26, 2010 23:59

Its hard to kill someone when he does this but thats just his goal?
I think it's like saying someone has to stand still when you are shooting at him.

But it's still part of the game, like uncatchable skillers (w00t, yoschi, tomsen etc.) and fast healers - no need to discuss about it in a topic imo ? :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 0:11

I do this :oops: .
It's really your only hope with 30 hp as engy and 3 axis surrounding you.
The counter-strategy is to keep shooting at head position on the tank. You will get him within 3 seconds.
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sat Nov 27, 2010 0:13

Yes, true. But spamming mortar in front of axis spawn exit on goldrush is 'part of the game' too, but still it is very annoying for axis. I don't say 'BAN IT', do not force anybody, I only appeal to players, like in some other topic someone appealed not to self-nade when poisoned.

PS Founder

Postby landser » Sat Nov 27, 2010 0:21

hmmmm

of course, tankhopping can give an advantage to the attacker - especially if he is low on hp, but you are at all times hitable and viewable, unlike the etpub tankplaydead bug ...

thats why i didnt worry when i used it today against you at marakesh ...

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:00

landser wrote:thats why i didnt worry when i used it today against you at marakesh ...
ahahaah, it was today! :D Admin abuse! :D

It is possible to fight this by aiming on tank mg, you'll always hit few times. Aiming next to tank rather not, cause enemy may appear in different places around tank. But when after some time enemy decides to leave, he'll have an advantage.

edit: This topic should be i Enemy Territory Talk, little mistake

Server High Admin

Postby Miszczu » Sat Nov 27, 2010 15:03

Stay classy? Come on, it's called a wise gameplay. Taking advantage of tanks and tools that re in game made ur play smarter and more effective. It irritates U? Oh well, than it's even more fun ;] Try to be smarter next time...

It's not a fukin duel game... Backstabbing, camping, healing it's all part of the game and if cant stand it, then u need to rethink if u rly play the right game.
" Bite my metal shiny ass!!!"

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Sat Nov 27, 2010 15:56

Tankhoppers are easy to kill anyway, just keep aiming at the top of the tank. I don't really see a problem in this... :wth:
Anyway i agree on banning Landser for admin abuse :mrgreen: :rofl:

Return to Enemy Territory Talk