SLAC - Speedlink Anti-Cheat - News (13.11.2010)

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Spam Pro

SLAC - Speedlink Anti-Cheat - News (13.11.2010)

Postby eLemenT » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:38

Support for other mods other than ETPro

This is an update to the recent announcement regarding the next major SLAC update. Due to interest from people playing on servers not running ETPro, the next version of SLAC will have ability to also support other popular ET mods. Therefore, if you are a developer of a popular ET mod and would like to have support for it, please send an email to valsimot@ymail.com in order to establish some cooperation and make things go faster.

Future of SLAC and expansion to other games

Although there's still work left to be done regarding the ET support (bug fixes, improved detection, a linux client), plans and preparations for the future need to be made - SLAC is going to support multiple games.

SPEEDLINK ANTICHEAT is planned to support one or eventually two more popular established games with active community in a couple of months. A game is considered to be established if not many patches for it are expected to be released in the future. Being primarily a competition anticheat, this means interest from league organizers is needed. Therefore, if you are running a popular league or cup and would like to discuss this or just get more information on SLAC and its system/possibilities, please send an email to valsimot@ymail.com or visit the official IRC channel (#speedlink.anticheat on QuakeNet).

Haven't more info - all can be read on SL-Anticheat.com
(shouldn't be forbidden advertising, if yes, delete)

Take this info like you want. But it would be awsome if ET would run with a Decent Anti-Cheat.. PB is a fail, you know that :)

eLemenT

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 13:50

SLAC is and always will be a competition anticheat. The difference between SLAC and PB were always that PB was just a click to set up, and rarely, also an update. SLAC requires you to register, download, and even then many people are having FPS drops and it doesn't support neither Linux nor Mac as of now (Update me on the Linux if this current update actually fixed it).

Also, the goal of SLAC is rather to detect private, humanized, hard to detect cheats more than the aim of PB which was to hit everything that was publicized.

I am not defending PB here, but it definitely was better in the times that it still gave active support to ET. Right now, it is ditched in my opinion.

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sun Nov 14, 2010 16:18

Imo Slac is big fail.

I know a lot of people who still cheat with slac and slac doesn't bust them.
Maybe one day they will start also busting those guys.
Difference between slac and pb is that PB bans immediately but slac just scans your ET and bans later, maybe 2 days later maybe 2 weeks or even 2 months later.

Slac for NQ is bullshit.
First of all I can detect those cheaters who cheat in NQ much faster then slac does. Adding NQ to PS server, we will surely loose some regulars or new players cos it's much easier for them to go in other server than download slac, install it and then make account. It takes around 2 min but still, its much easier for them to search other server.

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Sun Nov 14, 2010 17:02

Well it is a Pub version, who knows how final SLAC version will look like.
If it detects worser/better than PB.. if you will need to regi first.. etc.
But ye, if it stays like now, it is really bullshit for big servers.

About SLAC detections..

I don't want to say you are wrong, but there can't be an Anti-Cheat tool which Bans everything.
And there aren't *Undetectable* hacks.

But one for sure -

For PB there were Undetected Pub hacks, which stay'd undetected over months.
Or aren't able to detect at all etbot.. rshook.. Pales releases.. etc
If PB would scan the cgame folder they would get detected but would result in false banning.

For SLAC you don't see undetected SLAC Pub hacks atm.

But ye only time will tell :)

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 19:10

Ajit wrote:Imo Slac is big fail.

I know a lot of people who still cheat with slac and slac doesn't bust them.
Maybe one day they will start also busting those guys.
Difference between slac and pb is that PB bans immediately but slac just scans your ET and bans later, maybe 2 days later maybe 2 weeks or even 2 months later.

Slac for NQ is bullshit.
First of all I can detect those cheaters who cheat in NQ much faster then slac does. Adding NQ to PS server, we will surely loose some regulars or new players cos it's much easier for them to go in other server than download slac, install it and then make account. It takes around 2 min but still, its much easier for them to search other server.

It was hyped to the top and everyone thought it would make ET completely cheatfree which no anticheat can achieve no matter how many coders and how much cash is involved. It detects better than PB at the very least...

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sun Nov 14, 2010 19:13

I know 2 guys who play with wh since slac came and they ain't busted yet.

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Sun Nov 14, 2010 19:24

I know 2 guys who play with wh since slac came and they ain't busted yet.

Well as i said, you can't make a Anti-Cheat which busts everything.
There are Public Wallhacks for PB atm which aren't detected and won't be detected.

That Wallhack isn't a Pub version for sure.
And for me it would be still risky to cheat on SLAC, as you dunno if they get detected someday..
At the other part you could buy now some hacks by some *special* coders and you can play on every kind of PB server and be sure you won't be busted at all.

+ there was some topic somewhere where they said that SLAC doesn't have full detections yet.. though.

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Sun Nov 14, 2010 22:16

There will always be a way how to fool any automated system to catch cheaters.

The only tool I've seen that actually could work flawlessly was at ETPro server I used to play. They had some tool there that took screenshot from players screen and uploaded it to server. Any wallhack suspicion resolved in few secs...

no idea if something like this exists for NQ, but could be nice-to-have :)

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sun Nov 14, 2010 22:49

Diclonius wrote:and even then many people are having FPS drops and it doesn't support neither Linux nor Mac as of now (Update me on the Linux if this current update actually fixed it).

Not to mention the false positives triggered by some anti-virus software (or is that finally fixed now?).

eLemenT wrote:For SLAC you don't see undetected SLAC Pub hacks atm.

Kinda stating the obvious since there isn't a market for them yet ;)

Keeks wrote:The only tool I've seen that actually could work flawlessly was at ETPro server I used to play. They had some tool there that took screenshot from players screen and uploaded it to server. Any wallhack suspicion resolved in few secs...

no idea if something like this exists for NQ, but could be nice-to-have :)

That's most likely the built-in screenshot feature of Punkbuster. The problem is that it fails more often than it works especially these days with Win7, directx -and video driver updates + a lot of hacks just obfuscate the player's display, so you'll end up with a nice black screenshot.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Sun Nov 14, 2010 23:21

SL Anticheat - User screenshots
The SLAC screenshot system is still in development, more information will be posted once it is finished.

Prolly the same as PB Screenshots.
Lets see if they manage to make it more effective than PB's Screenshot system.

Not to mention the false positives triggered by some anti-virus software (or is that finally fixed now?).

Seems not. AVG Anti-Virus was detecting it as false-positive after the recent update again.

Return to Enemy Territory Talk