[PS3] Server Changes

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:51

Diamond wrote:why is pb off? does it lag with it? i would play more often when it's enabled, cuz its a great server.

Spam Kid

Postby freekill » Sun Nov 02, 2008 17:46

why would u play often on ps3 when pb is stitched on??
i hate pb, cause u see cheater when u spec them and pb sometimes kick other player, which doesnt cheat.
i think pb isnt a good idea

greeetz

Spam Pro

Postby DeXt3R » Sun Nov 02, 2008 18:28

i think diamond want pb on coz when it will be on, he can play for ranking on ps #3 :)

Official Member

Postby on1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 19:17

im happy keep up the good work stephan :D :D

Server Owner

Postby stephan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 22:15

SL SUCKS! :)

Spam Pro

Postby Edhell » Sun Nov 02, 2008 23:18

stephan wrote:SL SUCKS! :)

word. Many ppl are playing here to relax from SL pression :roll:

Spam Pro

Postby DeXt3R » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:03

but other ps servers have pb on...

ps #3 is plaece where we can have fun, on some servers where is pb and game there is for ranking, players who play there are not very friendly, they play for example like rambo medics and its for me very stupid...

when i start play here i like it since first play :):) so please dont make any changes which can change server coz i love it like it is now and i think many ppl will agree with me...

greatz for server owners and admin and players who care about ours lovely PS#3

btw why in sl page of -|PS|- there isnt ps3?? 8O

sry for :offtopic: and my poor english

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Tue Jun 02, 2009 22:04

got few ideas, ofc no need to make all them true, but maybe some regulars and ofcourse stephan could say what you think :)

-maybe bit longer team_artyTime
dunno exactly what it is now, but i think its quite short. if you are only field ops around you can do another arty only few seconds after prewious one has ended.

-less mines
there are now about 30 mines per team, i think it isnt highest number that there has been per team. but in some maps you can totally block all ways with your mines and its pretty impossible for other team to make objective. maybe 25 or 20 could be better?

-!rulebook with !!!!!
i think most people dont know about ETA, not even all our members i guess. so it would be bit more simple. infact most of ETA commands arent even used...?

-if possible, :votebotout working again
dont know if its about new omnibot or ETA so it isnt even possible to fix it, but could be usefull for players who dont want bots, or bots are making teams uneven

-:voteboton
if :votebotout would work, this could be nice add. if bots are voted out and all players suddenly disconnect, its not maybe nice to play one map like 20mins alone

-command to turn bots off and load 10(?) bots to server
this could be maybe avable from lvl 14 (admin). sometimes there are good playing even with less ppl, and bots arent needed, so we have to put them spec. not really so necessary, but dont know. also im not rly sure what would happen if you load 10 bots when there are already 10 players at server... bots just disconnect or?

thanks for reading :P
Image thx for diamond :D

Server High Admin

Postby PolygonWindow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 22:53

Since i play more and more on #3 ( greetz to all the few but nice regulars) i´d like 2
reply. I agree with all points, especially team_artyTime and mines per team are important when playing without bots (like it more with real bots xD). Also some bot commands would be nice (i know what speaks against it), just let us have a look.

Poly aka Mr. NIce (@ #3) cu

Spam Noob

Postby mtths » Sat Jun 06, 2009 17:55

hi,

agree on ninja s last four suggestions, nothing more to say to these :P

but i am not sure about the first ones... in my opinion the actual settings are ok if you are playing for obj...

another thing is that it is quite useful for players that are not that skilled... the "skilled" players on ps3 always choosing medic just to get the highest fragger and getting the feeling they are best and biggest in the world, they would never choose engi or fops, so they wont get the advantages of the actual settings... dunno, but giving newbies also a chance to kill a few (eg. via mines or arty where the enemy even do not see them) is quite ok in my opinion...

so i am not sure about this, anyway if you make engi/fops weaker the other classes (and there especially medic) get stronger... i simply dont want this on ps3 :P

cheers matthias

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:07

Yes that voteboton would be really nice if it even possible.
By the way I didn't know that votbotout isn't working. Sometimes it would be nice to do it if there is already 10 players in server. But hey one add to that. I don't understand why in heck players do it and then stop it when they have voted it. I'm not so fast enough to vote no. There should be change in my opinion.
I know that teamarty time but I don't know maybe it should be bit longer.

-In opinion riflenades' damage is bit too low. It doesn't kill medic with 1st shot always.
Same thing in panza. You have to hit to body to make kill. If you shoot just next to
player it doesn't kill.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam God

Postby Ajdija » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:57

Ninjadeer wrote:-maybe bit longer team_artyTime
dunno exactly what it is now, but i think its quite short. if you are only field ops around you can do another arty only few seconds after prewious one has ended.

idk what you want ;D arti is normal imo ;)
(notice if you're playing alone u're only one field ops)

Ninjadeer wrote:-less mines
there are now about 30 mines per team, i think it isnt highest number that there has been per team. but in some maps you can totally block all ways with your mines and its pretty impossible for other team to make objective. maybe 25 or 20 could be better?

it's already fixed ? :) 20per team I see :P

Ninjadeer wrote:-!rulebook with !!!!!
i think most people dont know about ETA, not even all our members i guess. so it would be bit more simple. infact most of ETA commands arent even used...?

can be :D anyways it haven't languages >> harder to understand for all :)
also nice thing will be have "Rulebook" line after pressing 'Escape'(esc) button (under or upper "NoQuarter") :)

Ninjadeer wrote:-if possible, :votebotout working again
dont know if its about new omnibot or ETA so it isnt even possible to fix it, but could be usefull for players who dont want bots, or bots are making teams uneven

if Stephan will have time for doing that :)
(and make that clear from 'bugs' etc)

Ninjadeer wrote:-:voteboton
if :votebotout would work, this could be nice add. if bots are voted out and all players suddenly disconnect, its not maybe nice to play one map like 20mins alone

same as above ^^

Ninjadeer wrote:-command to turn bots off and load 10(?) bots to server
this could be maybe avable from lvl 14 (admin). sometimes there are good playing even with less ppl, and bots arent needed, so we have to put them spec. not really so necessary, but dont know. also im not rly sure what would happen if you load 10 bots when there are already 10 players at server... bots just disconnect or?

no :)
all ways no :)
(imo only for ha [they have it already probably])

Server Owner

Postby stephan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:32

for the vote bot on/off i have to talk with appy because i have an idea but it is maybe a bit ressource hungry

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 15:21

NEW!

NQ map voting system has been enabled!

System will run for now if it seems to be worth it.
After every map you can vote for your favourite map in intermission screen, map with most voted will be played. If there are no votes maps will be played in order that Current Campaig shows

If you think there is some map that should be added on server so it can be voted, please tell us in Mapchanges/New Campaign
Remember, maps cant be voted to be played soon after it was played, so if your favourite map isnt on voting list right now it might be there after few maps.

If you notice some problems / errors / want to ask something or anything else feel free to contact us in PS#3 Discussion or via Personal Message

Spam Noob

!spec999

Postby Zosiek » Wed Jan 26, 2011 13:47

Hi, today i was playing on PS#3 and someone for all map was with ping 999
I think you should give !spec999 command to start been available form level 1 or 2.
Zosiek :)

Official Member

Re: !spec999

Postby Sidor » Wed Jan 26, 2011 15:45

Zosiek wrote:Hi, today i was playing on PS#3 and someone for all map was with ping 999
I think you should give !spec999 command to start been available form level 1 or 2.
Zosiek :)

no way people with level 1 or 2 usually do not know Rulebook !spec999 command is too serious, and most people were doing it to spam and jokes

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 16:43

it wouldnt cause any huge chaos, mostly only spam if even that.
but spec999 is added to its current lvl when current level system was discussed at admin forum, and changing it would need a new discussion.
anyways there are often guys with enough lvls to do !spec999, just ask them. and there should be auto spec enabled, so if someone wont move in about 2mins he should be put to spectator automatically.
and after all, thse guys with ping 999 are quite rare nowadays when there are good internet connections for most of players. i think et even makes 999 pingers to disconnect after some time.

so i dont know if there is really need to change lvl system as many of lvl 1 or 2 players dont even know what levels and commands are :wink:

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011