PS1 will be upgraded to NQ 1.2.9

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:09

medpacks and adrenaline use a different energy bar as medic
riflenades/dynamite and adrenaline use a different energy bar as engi

so smoke/satchel and adre for cov op and panzer with adre for soldier and airstrike with adre for field ops probably

please change this back to how it was

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu Aug 11, 2011 13:08

Well I think there is no way to get only one bar as far as I know.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby tomsen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 13:35

I only can totally agree with Dre and i would like to bring home the message that this is a total fail. It has nothing to do with the game to take every 5 seconds the adrenaline syringe. You can't hear anything because everyone is always in the air jumping over half of the map in 0,5 seconds. It simple annoyed me ealier on PS#5 + 3 and now, the same .... on PS#1 :( .

BOWDOWN wrote:Ok guys, here we are. The switch is done. Test the mod and report bugs or wired things you notice :wink: . Settings are same than on 1.2.3 so uneventfully you wont notice big changes and the mod most run smoothly. Have fun :) .

The Garant hasn't got any spread, means, you can easily shoot like a sniper weapon without using the scope on very very large distances. Maybe it's not clever to say it public, but in my eyes it's a total improvement for the worse.

Everything involves around using adre. :?

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Thu Aug 11, 2011 13:54

tomsen wrote:I only can totally agree with Dre and i would like to bring home the message that this is a total fail. It has nothing to do with the game to take every 5 seconds the adrenaline syringe. You can't hear anything because everyone is always in the air jumping over half of the map in 0,5 seconds. It simple annoyed me ealier on PS#5 + 3 and now, the same .... on PS#1 :( .

BOWDOWN wrote:Ok guys, here we are. The switch is done. Test the mod and report bugs or wired things you notice :wink: . Settings are same than on 1.2.3 so uneventfully you wont notice big changes and the mod most run smoothly. Have fun :) .

The Garant hasn't got any spread, means, you can easily shoot like a sniper weapon without using the scope on very very large distances. Maybe it's not clever to say it public, but in my eyes it's a total improvement for the worse.

Everything involves around using adre. :?

:good:
Last edited by Ajit on Thu Aug 11, 2011 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 13:56

Ye, there always been huge difference between rifle on ps3/5 and rifle on ps1

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Thu Aug 11, 2011 15:10

absolutely no spread on rifle
snipers can reload when zoomed in
the seperate energy bar for adrenaline

yeah.. this sucks

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Aug 11, 2011 15:14

@ Tomsen : i was talking about settings and indeed with Seby we did all possible to keep same settings than on PS1. Now, each upgraded version add some improvements , some good and some bad imo , i can try to change some of them but part of those adds are impossible to change, this double energy bar is one of them. At least i did n t found any way to have same bar than on 1.2.3 and i m not sure it will be possible. I was also one of those pro 1.2.3 and tried to keep this mod on PS1 as long as i could, but we had to switch on more recent mod for the reasons you know. Now that the swicth is done, all we can do is to accept some changes (which are mod's default and can't be changed) , even those crapy ones.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Thu Aug 11, 2011 15:43

I suggest to limit the sticks of adrenaline to 1

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Thu Aug 11, 2011 16:03

BOWDOWN wrote:and i m not sure it will be possible.

Nope, it was a structural change in the mod.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Thu Aug 11, 2011 16:25

FlowerPower wrote:I suggest to limit the sticks of adrenaline to 1

lol

adre <3
Chaos is the only true answer.

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Thu Aug 11, 2011 16:29

I agree, rifle shot shall be spreaded, this is far beyond crap, this weapon is now way too powerfull, what to do, lets wait for more fixed version
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Aug 11, 2011 17:18

The Garand's default spread value is still 250, same than on 1.2.3 if i m not wrong. The value can be modified by weapon scripting so i can at least give a try with a higher value even if i m not realy a fan of this weapon scripts byte manipulations.

Official Member

Postby Toup » Thu Aug 11, 2011 18:56

Daghel wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:I suggest to limit the sticks of adrenaline to 1

lol

adre <3

Not to mention that without adre medics would surely heal more.

Official Member

Postby hdoubls » Thu Aug 11, 2011 20:38

Hi my friends..
Lot of players are whining today for the new NQ version, I suggest to call a vote in this topic for choosing the new or old (1.2.3) NoQuarter...
Regards.
Big thanks to Falb!k

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 20:42

Ehh, it's too late for such vote. There already was topic with poll 1.2.3 or 1.2.9. 1.2.3 was winning option but 1.2.9 has been introduced anyway.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Thu Aug 11, 2011 21:02

Maybe to temper the pain a bit for the 1.2.3 lovers, we are considering a PS#1 old style event on another server. We are looking to it now and see if there is enough interest for it.

Egglaf/ Event Committee

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Thu Aug 11, 2011 21:16

Thats great. :)

Btw. Why just don't get rid of the adre for medics? So you won't have any adre, is that possible? 'cause I find those adrejunks very, very, very, very annoying. -.-
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Spam Kid

Postby Vaakku » Thu Aug 11, 2011 21:53

Both regular and sniper rifle seem to be far too accurate on mid ranges, don't really know what's the problem if the spread is supposed to be the same. Especially sniper rifle appears very out of line because it can now dominate all ranges.

A minor issue I ran into: single pistol is the default for everyone instead of akimbo. Any way to change that or is it intentional?
Quack!

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 22:38

Vaakku wrote:A minor issue I ran into: single pistol is the default for everyone instead of akimbo. Any way to change that or is it intentional?

If you had played ps3/ps5, it would have been normal for you. I got used to play with single pistol, it's fine. If you play some time with single pistol, then if you are given akimbo u can feel somehow powerful. :banana: ohohohoho

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Aug 11, 2011 23:01

Vaakku wrote:A minor issue I ran into: single pistol is the default for everyone instead of akimbo. Any way to change that or is it intentional?

Not for everyone but only medics, as befor on 1.2.3 and i don't know how it don't wroks for you.

Spam Kid

Postby vulcan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 23:34

For me, single pistol is also default in all classes.
Today I've played several times with engineer and every map I got single pistol as default.

~Sneaky
-Sneaky

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Thu Aug 11, 2011 23:45

vulcan wrote:For me, single pistol is also default in all classes.
Today I've played several times with engineer and every map I got single pistol as default.

~Sneaky

it is something in your cfg, someone told me today what it was but I can find it back and I don't know anymore who said it to me, it was something like set cg_limbo_secondary "2" or set cl_limbo_secondary "2"

EDIT: Found it, check this link: http://shitstorm.org/noquarter/wiki/ind ... _secondary

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Thu Aug 11, 2011 23:54

DMG_Kowi wrote:

If you had played ps3/ps5, it would have been normal for you. I got used to play with single pistol, it's fine. If you play some time with single pistol, then if you are given akimbo u can feel somehow powerful. :banana: ohohohoho

I wouldnt say powerful, I'd say slow and unaccurate. The only advantage of akimbos is double ammo :)

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 0:35

> faster than single pistol
> as accurate as your aim; on short distance it's no problem

in close 1vs1 stronger than single, though unaccurate on longer range

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Fri Aug 12, 2011 0:51

hdoubls wrote:Hi my friends..
Lot of players are whining today for the new NQ version, I suggest to call a vote in this topic for choosing the new or old (1.2.3) NoQuarter...
Regards.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

PreviousNext

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011