DISCUSSION: Increasing amount of maps in rotation

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Official Member

DISCUSSION: Increasing amount of maps in rotation

Postby St-Shadow » Fri Jul 29, 2011 20:15

Hello dear colleagues!

Since few days I am wondering that current rotation has very low amount of maps. Since it's summer break and people may be playing longer than usually (those who are students) perhaps it's a bit fruitful to give the discussion under magnifying glass.

At current times we have 15 maps, much of which are really boring after playing them continuously. I suggest to add few positions, make the rotation icreased within e.g. 7-10 maps, I am sure PS could find more pariciptians to play longer, what comes with it more players = more playable. That will make PS #1 more attractive, isn't it?

Thank you for your replies!

Best,
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri Jul 29, 2011 23:30

You know, I kinda like this idea.

Too less maps is not good because it's annoying to play the maps over and over again, but too many isnt either..

But these days I think it's a good idea to add some maybe 5-7. Or even 7-10 as Shadow suggested.

Having more maps in the rotation will make the server more variable, for players and maps.

Yep, this will do it. :D
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Sat Jul 30, 2011 0:51

hmmmm if u join PS3 or PS5 .. find vote system ... im boreed too when in 10 maps i play all time only 3 ..beacuse ppl voted only this 3 .....

anyway ...rotation added with urs suggestions : http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... start=2550

BOWDOWN wrote:Keep posting your sugggestions, i will do map changes next week :wink: .

hurry up :>
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Spam Pro

Postby Lurtz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 23:16

Good idea I like it, moreover, try to avoid maps like prateoria (35 mbs)

Spam Kid

Re: DISCUSSION: Increasing amount of maps in rotation

Postby Method » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:36

St-Shadow wrote:Hello dear colleagues!

Since few days I am wondering that current rotation has very low amount of maps. Since it's summer break and people may be playing longer than usually (those who are students) perhaps it's a bit fruitful to give the discussion under magnifying glass.

At current times we have 15 maps, much of which are really boring after playing them continuously. I suggest to add few positions, make the rotation icreased within e.g. 7-10 maps, I am sure PS could find more pariciptians to play longer, what comes with it more players = more playable. That will make PS #1 more attractive, isn't it?

Thank you for your replies!

Best,

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:
25cm

Spam Pro

Postby CFACF » Sun Jul 31, 2011 17:43

20 maps should be no rotation because it was not so annoying to be playing the same maps over and over. :lol:

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Sun Jul 31, 2011 18:32

128 views and only 5 answers?
What are you people afraid of :P
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Sun Jul 31, 2011 22:55

ye well, dunno how ofteh PS 1 change the running campaign, don't think it's necessary at all to add more maps, maybe just switch maps more often?
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:55

Don't worry Shadow, here i am :) .

As usual in this kind of case, we have two groups of people with opposite opinion. To make it short, those who are for a short campaign and those who love playing 20, 25 or even more different maps one after the other. The number of 15 was a compromise to satisfy both groups. Now, i don't mind to at least add 2 other maps to the campaign but nothing more, at least not in near future :wink: . Sure, i could try to change maps more fastly but my problem is to find nice maps which can fit with the server and the majority of players requests. The list of avaliable maps can looks long and rich but after removing all those crapy, bugy, laggy or too small (for big servers like PS1) maps from the list, you have to admit that my possibilites of choice are pretty poor :wink: . That's why i try to "optimize" each map but running it the loner time i can befor people getting bored :wink: .

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:55

Thank you for your answer Bowy, although (don't get me wrong, since I fully respect your beliefs) how about running "project", when on the summer break we can play more maps as we do now (previosly I have written about 7-10, tho I don't mind lower amount, like 4-6). I don't think it would somehow unbalance the situation on server, and if regular players won't like it that much you can always decrease amount of maps in rotation. If you like it you can keep it, if not, then after the month make the same as currently.

Since we are going to experience new NQ why don't we try more maps, just for a test? :P

Like I said, if people wouldn't want this it's ok. IMO it's just about more activity on servers, playing same maps in a row is boring, I don't think anybody would disagree with me. For me it's only the good thing for PS#1.

If you say no then be it, no hard feelings anyway :)

Official Member

Postby Toup » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:16

If you want to keep a 15 maps rotation don't add maps like Koth, just saying :wink:

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:50

Toup wrote:If you want to keep a 15 maps rotation don't add maps like Koth, just saying :wink:

Well; it's not realy the place nor the topic to talk about maps themselves but i will give you a fast answer :wink: . This "i like/dislike" words are usual and works on each map. It's kind of mission impossible to make all agree. I cant satify each individual desire since i m a server owner and not a hooker :) . When you have a trip on an amusement park, there is always some attractions you find suxy and some others which are awsome for ya. Do the same, pass the way when they are suxy for ya and wait for awsome ones :wink: .

Official Member

Postby Toup » Mon Aug 01, 2011 16:18

BOWDOWN wrote:
Toup wrote:If you want to keep a 15 maps rotation don't add maps like Koth, just saying :wink:

Well; it's not realy the place nor the topic to talk about maps themselves but i will give you a fast answer :wink: . This "i like/dislike" words are usual and works on each map. It's kind of mission impossible to make all agree. I cant satify each individual desire since i m a server owner and not a hooker :) . When you have a trip on an amusement park, there is always some attractions you find suxy and some others which are awsome for ya. Do the same, pass the way when they are suxy for ya and wait for awsome ones :wink: .

Mmkay :|

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011