nitmod vs NQ

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Spam Pro

nitmod vs NQ

Postby dirtyharry » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:12

hello guys

first of all sebbel did great job on making ps5 nitmod..........BUT..........nobody to play this mod and all the ps5 regulars are to play on ps1 and ps3 and much to play et-pro now...........so the only thing i can say about nitmod is that the to break up a nice team off ps5 regulars and admins and i to see it is not like before any more ..........ps5 was like a family of good friends together..........now it is only bods and bods..........so maybe (sebbel no offence at you) to make ps5 back like before..........
WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF IT?????????????
Image"COME AND MAKE MY DAY NAAAABS"

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Jul 17, 2011 13:21

Well... Both Mods are welcome for me.
But Dirtyharry, when ps5 went to nitmod everyone from different servers and such came to try it...
And began to play... but now as you say, it's full of bots, and no players so often... :roll:

But we're playing from time to time :D

But i don't really think changing the mod back would help :?

EDIT: Uh, and i can't stand gaining xp again if it switches back :(
But this is not a reason to NOT switch it back :wink:

Oh, and i really don't care if it's NQ or Nitmod 8)
Image :wth:

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 15:36

Dirty, don't use so many ........ in your posts please.
I don't think it's because of mod. Nitmod attracted people to ps5 for some time cause people were curious about it. But now it came back to (sad) normality.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Sun Jul 17, 2011 15:46

The problem isn't about the mod, but about regulars.
All those you call PS 5 regulars stopped playing or changed to etpro before changing the mod.
If they would have keep playing on pS5 there were more players on server.

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Sun Jul 17, 2011 19:50

i changed ps5 after it was empty for many months (beside some weekend/ evening- maps with more "old" regulars).

i just took the chance to test something new since there were only 2 regulars that were really disappointed about the change.

few possibilities are nice that i didnt practice more since the event committee will use it in future (DM, TDM etc.. )

but for the gameplay itself i got no preference in the mod itself and got no problem to change it back if the majority wants that.
but who is the majority atm ?
in general i like to see not only ps5 but whole ps and thats why i doubt success in a backswitch to nq since we got already a medium used nq 1.2.9 server with ps3.
also the past showed at ps2 what flower already said.
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Jul 17, 2011 20:18

I feel kinda addressed with your post. I was one of the regulars who is taking/toke a break for the server. I am actually having a break from the whole game.
I didn't like Nitmod at all, and prefered NQ so much. But if it was good for PS#5, I had peace with it. Eventually it didn't matter so much afterwards, because when the server would have sticked to NQ, I wouldn't have been playing regular either.
Nitmod was imo just succesful for a while but didn't make things come true. I prefer NQ but as I don't play anymore I don't think you should pick-up my vote for a 'majority'.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:39

well since i can call myself a regular on ps5 right now im going to make a post and i probally get some flaming replies to it since ive been silenced on this kinda topics since ps2 (Under ice&frost and sleyvas) , ps4 (yes ps4 i was a regular with fantomok and memnoch) and ps2 before(nemesis and monster) even.

you guys just pointing out fingers to mods and maps,
but that ISN'T the problem
the problem is the so called regs who ONLY connect when they see some admins online
it's just hilaric when some admins play on ps5 and suddenly a bunch of players connect because they see those high admins are on the server to just suck their balls for levels.
changing teams because its 6 vs 4 but when no admin says teams are not fair they dont do anything,
when an admin says it they suddenly change teams in the hope they get spotted

and thats the real problem of ps5 people of ps community only connect when they see some admins online,

i bet you even cant name 3 regulars who arent ps members and that is what making me so sick about some players (don't feel offended)

the mod is good, the setting is good everything is good but most players are from my feeling out just a buch off ***licking (isn't a forummute just my own stars) adminwhores

if you guys just connect to ps5 just a bit more i'm sure more players connect because i've seen it alot while being a spectator.

lesson to be learned: people attract people nothing more
mod doesn't matter (except etpro players but i don't think our goal is to reach them with a funmod).

so keep it like it is we already got an noquarter 1.2.3 and 1.2.9 so why change it back?
we just need more real regulars and not the ones who only connect when admins are online.

kind regards,

blazing

ps. :) so it doesn't look to flamy

thanks diamond:)

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:43

:roll:

Well... When Sebbel is spec and you, Blazing are spec also.. I ain't coming! :roll:
On the other hand when Dutchy is playing i come from time to time :roll:

And im pretty sure Dutchman ain't Admin.
It's probably because his playing :wink:

Tbh i find your post truthful Blazing :wink:
Maybe we should make a poll? :P

Btw, I kinda like Nitmod better then NQ sometimes 8)
And i'm pretty sure after this post some negative responses towards me will come :oops:
Image :wth:

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:18

On the contrary I really don't see people craving for levels. When there are some people on ps5, then indeed, people are connecting independently from who current players are: admins, members or not-members. But it is fact, that when on ps5 there are some people, very often these are mostly |PS|.

Huge problem is, that when map is changed and few people don't like it, they disconnect. On ps5 2 players disconnecting is enough, to create a wave that make rest disconnect. Same happens on ps3. Ps1 is more resistant against that since more people play.

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:28

DMG_Kowi wrote:Huge problem is, that when map is changed and few people don't like it, they disconnect.

after all map we can vote for a next :P

i like PS5 .... & im sure when back NQ ..... nothing change .. why ..we have NQ129 & i good remember how much ppl play .. 1-2 days full ..next week serv empty .... and now we have few god comands ( thx Sebbel) like :

- more bots :P
- war bots :P

and ofc good funnies sounds :P

for me its no problem when i play alone in server... or with Blazing :P i see wher play old reg PS5 players ....

look here : http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... ic&t=10644 we change how poll players .. and now .. i must ask who poll & wher its now .. PS2 empty ...
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Official Member

Postby Nismo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 21:49

ps1 has more players because it is a ps1..
I would bet that if you would changed for a moment the name of the ps5 to ps1, you would have noticed that more players would come
the GAMEPLAY on server is most important.. which consists of a few things:

* those with whom we can do nothing;

- balanced skills of players (as u know it well we had problems with that, when ppl were disconnecting cause they wont die whole map)

- thinking players who dont wait for admins to change team, or who choose team for better gameplay not for better team mates..

* those with whom we can do something;

- good & popular(which most ppl play) server with great settings (like before)

- connect more to emptys server and WAIT for players and try keep them on.. (especially for admins) as blaz said ppl like when on server are members/admins (i liked it 2 when i had less levels)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

but that what sebbel said is true.. but also sad..
when there are no people ps5, we had them on the well prosperous ps3..

seb.. when u changed mod i thought it was that what we needed.. and it will heal ps5 :) ... but my experience with ET is mostly based on nq.. cause its most popular mod on public servers..
i thought that i would like to play it.. for ps5.. (my home :D) but i was wrong.. thats why u can see me now on ps3.. :/ and im not happy.. coz best time with et i had on ps5 :(

there are more reasons why we have problems with empty ps5.. but i forget them :D i have now heavy brain.. and im tired after work :]

i have an idea (maybe stupid, maybe no) how to gets more ppl on ps servers.. maybe somebody had it before, maybe not.. i hope that someday i'll have a chance to share it with you

gn8

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Jul 18, 2011 22:53

Nismo wrote:2.
the GAMEPLAY on server is most important.. which consists of a few things:

(...)

- balanced skills of players (as u know it well we had problems with that, when ppl were disconnecting cause they wont die whole map)

- thinking players who dont wait for admins to change team, or who choose team for better gameplay not for better team mates..

(...)

So what, better players should play with pistols or what? :p It's all about teams. When teams are even it's ok. When you're in team that is good enough you 'ride on its wave' and you can play quite well. I can see from my expirience that individual stats greatly depend on overall team strength. Even very good player gets his ass kicked in extremely low team (near-sk-games) and some noob can frag a lot, when he's in stronger one (mortaring for example :p).
There happen to be such games, where on team is practically kept on its respawn (on venice it happens oftenly) and they are shitty (games). Massacred team gets frustrated, but winning team doesn't care, since they enjoy slaughter and see themselves pro players. However for me personally it's fun for 2 minutes, cause in such massacre it's hard to get some frags for myself since enemies hardly leave they respawn, being mortared/rifle-naded/etc. It's just boring.
But most players don't care. And most methods of evening teams suck:
- shuffle by xp? come on...
- switching teams - not many players do that. However on servers like ps5, where there are usually not that many players (5vs5 or something) it may change a lot. On mass game like on ps1 it changes nothing.

It's not that bad with players who switch team to even teams. There are some, who can see that game gets non-sense and change team, despite of sprees, lots of frags etc.
Yeah, and I'm one of them. Honestly I find myself evening teams quite often.

I've gone bit offtop, since those extreme situations (strongly uneven games) often happen on ps1, where we have crowd. On ps5 it has always been more balanced, but still such situations used to happen. But if we have enough kind players that willingly even teams, game gonna be even and even noobs gonna enjoy it.

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Mon Jul 18, 2011 23:11

we have 2 group players :

1 ---> fragers --neva play for obj ...all time think abouth stats ...how many HS ,kills , dies etc ... dont care abouth balance teams

2 ---> rest .... who play for obj, team-play , and always try keep balance teams .. stats -->no knows what is it ^^

so meybe i open sec topic and ask players ..what group u chose .... ppl to much lov NQ .. and if we propose other mod ...always we see smth like ... hey here nobody play .. meybe change mod to NQ ..... :S

but i like all mods ... brrrrrr meybe only no ETpro .... :P but not mod important ... i think important ..peoples + atmosphere = cool server .

yap ofc im pissoff when i see in PS5 only bots .. but i know ..if iam first connect and play ..peoples come and we play together
... chose like war, more bots or what we wants :>

so ... u like NQ ..play in PS3 or PS1 .. but no change my mod .... to young for die :wink:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Jul 19, 2011 0:17

At first I was a bit skeptical about Nitmod, because I didn't hear much about it, but later I understood that it's better than NQ :D. You can actually get headshots there. It's a good mod for fragging. And obj play is same in every mod imo.

The biggest minus that Nitmod has is that it's unknown to many people. They don't know what it is, thus not wanting to download it while connecting to ps5 - but that's just my theory.

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:52

the funhours maybe make the mod itself (and maybe ps5) bit more popular :D

Official Member

Postby Toup » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:49

Am I the only one that when started to play ET just followed the number of players and didn't give a *beep* about what the mod was because I was ,indeed, having fun and a noob to ET?

In fact i only realised servers had mods 2 years ago.

And that, when i was logging in a server i didn't even read those tiny letters wich said absolutely anything to me.

Those were the good days when I didn't worry about anything I just wanted to play and screw everything else.

So you may ask for a solution for your "problem" with Ps5, but I tell you this : put any mod that it's still ET, it's basicly the same thing, in fact the only thing I notice when i change from nq to etpro is the fact that you can't double jump. The problem isn't on the settings of the server, if you want more outsiders to come and regulars to join, I advice the high admins to join the server (even if afk the whole day). And if the regulars realy love this server and want to keep it alive, they should also join everytime they could.

And I couldn't agree more with what Blazing said, that man there has some brains and isn't afraid of telling the truth.

I wish Ps5 gets back it's "glory" and I'll try and pass by to help from time to time.

Good luck and I hope you understood everything because my English is crappy.

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Mon Jul 25, 2011 21:20

so dirty, i was and still i am interested in your request, but same as the wave of future n!tmod-fans didnt come last months its not the majority of regs around that ask the nq back.

in fact n!tmod will be a solution for some events as the "fun hours" from our event committee promised for the next months and for nq players still ps1 (1.2.3) and ps3 (1.2.9) are available.
specially ps3 that got 1.2.9 as ps5 had before is really not filled 24/7 even the players from ps5 are partially seen there.

so in my opinion watching ET or PS from global view and not only as "ps5-owner" nq 1.2.9 is not needed on ps5 at the moment.

Official Member

Postby Nismo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 16:40

thats not easy.. but i agree with seb, :D
Right now we have problem with attendance on all servers.
Now i think, mod, server settings arent a problems, problem is that, ET isnt new game and still lose players. We wont get more players. Month after month we will lose them and is not our fault.
Now with nitmod on ps5, on ps3 we can play with normal number of players, ps5 lost players but they went to ps3.

Im sad not cause we lost players (coz reason is age of ET).. Im sad cause this changes was started on ps5, where i start my adventure with PS. :(

My idea.. (maybe funny and stupid) is.. make, from time to time, trips with few ps members to other popular ET servers..
We can show players on other servers that we exist, and maybe they will try to find us and try play on our servers. I dont think about advertising on other servers, but if somebody see few players with same tag and who playing nice, maybe they will try to find us..

Something about events. Its nice that you try to do sth, and events are great, but on last ps5 event i saw only 2 ps members and 1player. Rest were only bots.. :/

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Tue Jul 26, 2011 16:45

Something about events. Its nice that you try to do sth, and events are great, but on last ps5 event i saw only 2 ps members and 1player. Rest were only bots.. :/

lol i start sniperwar before ask players whether they want :P

here u have screen with Event Spierwar :P

Diamond wrote:Sniperwar:

Spam Lord

Postby ErsGuterJunge » Tue Jul 26, 2011 16:48

no teamplay on public thats the problem.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 16:48

That was a very bad boy called Falbik, who decided probably to play the event unofficially again. I see everything Falbik. :)

The official event was more then crowded. :)

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Tue Jul 26, 2011 16:54

ErsGuterJunge wrote:no teamplay on public thats the problem.

bahhh its unofficial ..war ..i onlu used sniper sets ... if u more visit PS5 ... probably i did again if all players aproved ... :wink:

always when we start event u know abouth it 8)

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Tue Jul 26, 2011 22:45

was there to
we just wanted to play a sniperwar at that time:)
also it was players vs alot of bots
ofcourse we won (not thanks to me :>)

i like those settings time from time a little sniperwar, knifewar, panzawar etc.

thanks diamond:)

Spam Pro

Postby dirtyharry » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:46

Sebbel wrote:so dirty, i was and still i am interested in your request, but same as the wave of future n!tmod-fans didnt come last months its not the majority of regs around that ask the nq back.

sorry sebbel i think you right it is not about the mod but about the players i see now much people to write about ps5 but the just dont to play there any more only when you set some special funwar on the menu , for me it is just a pitty to lost all the regulars , it was so much fun and very close group on ps5 , and we also losted a close friend like darkman ho did much to keep us all toghter so i also have to live with it that all regulars go to play some where else so sebby we can close this topic and hoop for the best and that it all be again the same as before in soon

greetz
Image"COME AND MAKE MY DAY NAAAABS"

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011