Capturable spawns and coverts.

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Gold Star

Capturable spawns and coverts.

Postby Greg » Tue May 31, 2011 13:05

Hi all
I talked with Death about situation when coverts shots from distance to capturables spawns. For me (and Death me confirm it) its sk and is not allowed. I talked with one player who do it, and he said me, what he do it to clear the path for other ppls, and he do it for help capture the flag. What do you think about this situation.
I think what reply can be useful for more ppl.

1.Sk in capturable spawns is allowed only for those ppls who do it personally :?:
2.Or is allowed also for players what only work to do path to capture in spawn :?:

For me 2nd option is not allowed but, mby read it others players who have doubts.

cya on server.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Tue May 31, 2011 14:02

mmm for me is SK
If one spwn is capturable is because for get it one team have to do some strategies for get it.
Shot from distanze, like with rifle, is SK (imo).
But here we need to analyze what we mean with "distance", how much is distance for SK?
If i run to the "flag" with my rifle garad, I shot inside capturable spwn (like in siwa) before I go into the house in this case; is that SK? or is clearing the path?
Like u said, If i DO it personally isn't SK, but if I do it for someone else and I don't run to the Spwn, so i SK.

(that's all in my opinion :P I'm nobody here :D )

Leo:>
GoD is DeaD

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Tue May 31, 2011 14:03

Rulebook say :

Exceptions
The SK rule does not apply to capturable spawns, such as flags or commandposts. As long as you are trying to (re)capture the spawn ONLY light weapons (SMG, knife, handgun, grenades etc.) are allowed!

Note
Sniping and shooting (for example; Rifle Nades) into a capturable spawn from a distance is considered SK or even SC, since you are not trying to (re)capture the spawn yourself (i.e. not moving forward)!

i hope its a clear :wink:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Tue May 31, 2011 14:10

This thread was discussed many times. Anyway lets make it clear :)

Shooting from distance to flag/CP (capturable spawn) is not allowed and treat as Spawnkilling. You can capture flag (capturable spawn) only "personally" which means, not by shooting from distance.

Covert ops shooting to capturable spawn from far (sniper) is spawnkiller and will be punishment.

Medic which kills ppl at CP and he's alone (he can't plant dynamite) is also spawnkiller. If you're medic you can help engi to plant dyna, but it doesn't means you can camping at CP all the time (situation above).

Also shooting at flag/CP (capturable spawn) by mortar/arty/panzer/flame (known as heavy weapon) is not allowed and treat as spawnkilling.

I hope I make it clear now.
-=RapidHail=-: If something is logically for You, doesn't mean it's logical for rest.

Spam Lord

Postby Marcco7 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:40

Rule say one, MiLady say totaly other side of rule, for me:
When both teams fight for flag in the space where flag is located that's not SK and SC, but shooting for distance with Sniper and HW is SK, but shooting Rifelnades aren't SK, that's the way I play, and for other thigs I reporting Rulebreakers.

:)
I'm always outnumbered, but never outmanned!

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:26

Marcco7 wrote:but shooting for distance with Sniper and HW is SK, but shooting Rifelnades aren't SK,

Shooting from distance (doesn't matter what weapon) is treat as SK. We're not talking about situation when you shoot by riflenade to flag and try to capture it. Disallowed is situation when you're shooting from distance to flag and don't try to capture. It's two different cases.

Rulebook says:
No Spawnkilling (SK) or Spawncamping (SC)

Killing the enemy in his own Spawn (the players' starting locations) is NOT allowed and is considered Spawnkilling (SK), this includes; walking into enemy spawn, shooting into enemy spawn from a distance.

This rule applies to ALL weapons!

Spawnkilling is a serious offence and will most likely result in a warn (!warn, !burn, !gib) possibly followed by a kick, temporary ban or permanent ban (depending on the situation).

Deliberately hanging around (also known as Camping) Enemy spawn and/or your own spawn is NOT allowed and is considered Spawncamping (SC). SC will result in a warn (!warn, !slap, !burn, !fling, !throw, !gib) depending on the situation.

SK & SC with heavy weapons (mortar, panzer, flamer, airstrikes, artillery etc.) is FORBIDDEN!

Exceptions
The SK rule does not apply to capturable spawns, such as flags or commandposts. As long as you are trying to (re)capture the spawn ONLY light weapons (SMG, knife, handgun, grenades etc.) are allowed!

Note
Sniping and shooting (for example; Rifle Nades) into a capturable spawn from a distance is considered SK or even SC, since you are not trying to (re)capture the spawn yourself (i.e. not moving forward)!
-=RapidHail=-: If something is logically for You, doesn't mean it's logical for rest.

Spam Lord

Postby Marcco7 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:54

Yes, yes, I mean on the situation when Engineer shoot 1 or 2 Riflenades in capturable spawn ang goes in to try to capture it.

But when You shoot from distance with Sniper, Riflenade or HW and doesen't try to capture it, that's SK.

I think, I make it clear now.

Regards,
Marcco!

Gold Star

Postby Greg » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:00

Shooting from distance (doesn't matter what weapon) is treat as SK.

Inclusive shots from short distance is SK if are do them for only frags and not for obj.
Much times players shot from short distance, but only for do great multi- or more -kill. I think what is clean SK!
I think what if you shot nades to capturable spawn is necessary awance to capture spawn. If you shot and stand (no important from distance or not) in my opinion is SK.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Spam Lord

Postby Marcco7 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:52

Greg wrote:
Shooting from distance (doesn't matter what weapon) is treat as SK.

Inclusive shots from short distance is SK if are do them for only frags and not for obj.
Much times players shot from short distance, but only for do great multi- or more -kill. I think what is clean SK!
I think what if you shot nades to capturable spawn is necessary awance to capture spawn. If you shot and stand (no important from distance or not) in my opinion is SK.

I agree with you, I don't understand some player, alot ofp layer play just for frags and not for fun and objective, for me primary is fun and than comes objecive and after that comes killing other player, because, if you had skill doesen't mean that you must always shows that you're the best with that you got most kills, in this game as in the life is needed a teamwork which at the last time we haven't got, if you play, plaf for fun, and do as much teamwork as you can, and dot live for frags or STOP play this game.

Regards,
Marcco!

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Jun 02, 2011 17:16

But in the map radar there's a tactic that requires going through CP room to get the obj or going backwards through that CP with the obj. So is there an exception for this map or are the rules poorly conveyed by some1 from here? :D

Medic which kills ppl at CP and he's alone (he can't plant dynamite) is also spawnkiller. If you're medic you can help engi to plant dyna, but it doesn't means you can camping at CP all the time (situation above)

The rulebook does not classify the SK/SC rule of CP and flag differently. If you're saying that medics can't frag near CP then they shouldn't be allowed to do it by a flag either.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Thu Jun 02, 2011 18:33

Well there is a big difference in capturing a flag and capturing a CP for example. At a flag, just touching it is enough, which can be done for all classes. For a CP a covert ops or a engineer is needed, so if a medic start to frag there without a covie or a engi, it can't be qualified as capturing a spawn so that is SK.

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Jun 02, 2011 20:52

egglaf wrote:

Well there is a big difference in capturing a flag and capturing a CP for example. At a flag, just touching it is enough, which can be done for all classes. For a CP a covert ops or a engineer is needed, so if a medic start to frag there without a covie or a engi, it can't be qualified as capturing a spawn so that is SK.

So I'm not allowed to use the side road in radar when being a lonely medic with an obj and trying to make my way through the CP room while killing enemies if necessary?

btw these are 2 different sentences:

rulebook wrote:The SK rule does not apply to capturable spawns, such as flags or commandposts.

Rulebook wrote:As long as you are trying to (re)capture the spawn ONLY light weapons (SMG, knife, handgun, grenades etc.) are allowed!
Basically means that IF I wish to capture I can only use light weapons. It has no other meaning.

Only classes that can be considered doing SK (with a light weapon) on a capturable spawn are covert snipers and engi rifles. The rulebook does not mention anything about medics not allowed to shoot near CP spawn. Where you get that? :D

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Thu Jun 02, 2011 21:50

I see this post and i remember when i wrote in mf about this :D. It is complecated, and it can be more logical if rambo medic kill enemies at command post (or cov ops, or soldier, etc) are not allowed. But rambo medic can say "im helping the engeneer or cov ops, who is coming" and the same case with the cov ops shooting from distance, he can say the same history. So, it can be more logical, but rambo medics and cov ops from distance in flag/cp is allowed.

The rulebook say...Exceptions

Note

so, how you proof if you are alone?? or you are helping to recapture the flag/cp? very difficult..

Doubts? read what 1 HA wrote about my post:

Viduus wrote:
LadyDeath wrote:It's impossible to destroy CP if you are medic... So logical if medic camping at CP end kill enemy it's clear SK...

Like Bowdown, Sebbel and me tried to explain above it is not spawnkill. Killing all enemies at CP is helping to (re)capture command post. The fact that a medic can't destroy it, has nothing to do with it.

And fe in Cathedral it is your own choosing to spawn at command post, it is not a fixed spawn. Getting killed there? Spawn somewhere else. With a cp you don't have the right to spawn there, but the possibility.

So, here you have the answer i think :)

Server High Admin

Postby RapidHail » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:18

How many times we have to talk about that thing? Everything is in rules and explained at forum couple of times. Who unlocked?

/locked
-=RapidHail=-: Do or do not... There is no try.
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011