Changings

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Tue Apr 12, 2011 0:17

nah ziel, didn't take anything personally or didn't say it towards one person, just had to say that as well, but all fine :wink:
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Spam Pro

Postby CALLEJON » Tue Apr 12, 2011 19:56

this is just one big fail

i agree with smad, ziel and ajit.

its just nonsense

Why did you change it to the same mod as ps1??
And Beti, i dont wanna see now the answer: " because this mod is popular, and nobody likes etpro"

when you wanna ply nq, there are enough servers ffs

give me/us a reasonable answer!

And you (lands and icy) were asked why you just make the decision without starting discussion in forum or without anouncement?

"kind of missed the opportunity"?? oh come on
:roll:
give me/us a reasonable answer

Why you didnt even speak with some regulars (omg yes there were a few) before making the decision? (Its not that they can make decisions here, but they are the most important people here too keep this community alive...)

Maybe you thought "there arent anyway much regs, so if we could loose a few, it doesnt hurt anybody" (i hope i´m wrong...)

Did you ever discuss about having a 2nd owner?

Yeh, the server was nearly everytime empty, but at week ends, when you joined with 1or2 friends, after 10 minutes you had like 6-10 players there.
For me, then it was the biggest pleasure playing since month (on a public)

Icy, no offense to you with the words I wrote/write here, i really cant understand how the f*ck sb can blame you. I knew you hadnt that much time but i think you could have find a good solution for this. (talked with deep already about it, but it seems it was too late anyway)

Blame the others, the wanna be supporters here on forum. I cant count them on two hands, these guys who voted etpro, these guys who wanted to give so many support, but just showed up on server 1 or 2 times... or never... (darkman wrote some nice sentences about that in shoutbox last days)

I think PS is a good community (with good owner and admins), but never thought there could be such a shitty decision... what a fail...

disappointed..

bb PS(2)

calle out.

Veteran

Postby Nemesis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 20:16

Well if its only 6-10 players once a week is not realy showing players wanting it, if enough people will want the return of etpro or maybe even fomok land, they should show it and want to play it, just arguing on forums does not help too much

Official Member

Postby Evil » Tue Apr 12, 2011 20:30

barley people playing on it
even when it was setted to etpro.

sometimes ziel sometimes few others on it for some minutes/hours
and then complete empty again.

all i want to say is maybe its not nice to change w/o been annouced
or even discus it but i think in the big major part if people care they play on ps2 much wich alot didnt and now start such fights here WHY... is bit unreasonable tbh.

u have to know we got plenty nq srvs correct.
but they dont change it for fun as a background part.

and some stuff has been discussed in AF anway (so ive heard)

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Tue Apr 12, 2011 22:47

Nemesis wrote:Well if its only 6-10 players once a week is not realy showing players wanting it, if enough people will want the return of etpro or maybe even fomok land, they should show it and want to play it, just arguing on forums does not help too much

PRESIDENT :P :P
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Tue Apr 12, 2011 23:01

hey calle,

as i said allready in my first post i made in this topic, i didn't want to be any longer time PS 2 owner. so the decision to change the mod from one day to the other day wasn't mine, i didn't even know about it before garf came to me and told me, that PS 2 is offline... but that time back, i just guessed that lands is allready doing something and i guess i was right :P

don't get me wrong, i would also like to keep it etpro. but my decision was to step back as owner, since the server was mostly empty, to give the opportunity to someone else with more time, to take care about PS 2 and it seems they just decided to switch it to NQ. probably not wise, without any announcement or discussion, but i was out of that decision allready, cuz i gave my ownership away.

lands just asked me the other day, if i want to stay co-owner as well. well i told, that i won't have much time but if i can help out from time to time, why not. at all i also would support etpro for PS 2, but ye, the final decision is up to the main serverowners of PS 2 now (neme and lands).
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Apr 12, 2011 23:48

I would prefer seeing etpub once again in PS servers :P

And btw where did these XP's come from? Reset it with new mod I'd say - may attract more players (xp hunters) :)

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Tue Apr 12, 2011 23:51

hmmmmm meybe time given server to "young" hands ?
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:51

The xp came from PS#1 have i been told :roll:
Image :wth:

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:20

its ps1 copy: levels, settings, xp
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed Apr 13, 2011 16:26

Sebbel wrote:its ps1 copy: levels, settings, xp

ohhh :( I thought it is xp from PS2 from more than year ago (before I had a break in ET and lost my xp on all PS)

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Apr 13, 2011 16:55

Sebbel wrote:its ps1 copy: levels, settings, xp

OK then it's uber fail. Lands what were you thinking? :D

Make it etpub - fast :P

Veteran

Postby Nemesis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 19:31

Diamond wrote:OK then it's uber fail. Lands what were you thinking? :D

Make it etpub - fast :P

Il take the blame for that :P , if enough people are interested in etpub there is no issue.
Simply show your desires here and we will see what we can do :)

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:04

My desire still is a server who takes enemy territory to a higher skill level. PS2 has been over the last months/year been a server for those who have a more tactical view and more aiming skill than the regular NQ player nowadays. Though open to those who come for fun and learning. If NQ stays I prefer it they way it was before the server went to ETpro. Since now it seems to be a ps1 copy with less players and a couple of bots.

Anyway I am really gratefull to the HA's/Serverowners who (again) are really into revive my favorite PS server :)

Keep up this spirit and do a good job! :)

Smad
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:13

Smadje wrote:My desire still is a server who takes enemy territory to a higher skill level. PS2 has been over the last months/year been a server for those who have a more tactical view and more aiming skill than the regular NQ player nowadays. Though open to those who come for fun and learning. If NQ stays I prefer it they way it was before the server went to ETpro. Since now it seems to be a ps1 copy with less players and a couple of bots.

Anyway I am really gratefull to the HA's/Serverowners who (again) are really into revive my favorite PS server :)

Keep up this spirit and do a good job! :)

Smad

+1

There are actually players who'd like to play in this style, who are idling in xfire searching for a teamplay (etpro-ish) game.

I (and I'm speaking for 5 ppl (hopefully)) would like to see those old etpro-ish settings, like 1 or even 0 adre, no dj, no bots etc. If I'm right the old NQ settings (before etpro) are still somewhere stored.

It's a pity that over this 'empty server period' many of the regulars have either gone away or play at other servers, hence not so many ps2 regular's replies here.

But ye, give ppl reason to connect there. Copy of another server is a complete failure of all kinds - it just doesn't work :D (no offense- just my opinion). 8)
Some piece of PS2's recent history for the unwitting :P :

It was NQ when Icy took over, and it remained version 1.2.5 while others went 1.2.9. (1.2.5 is more stable and accurate imo) and slowly became known for it's etpro-like settings. Many great games were played, but the server was getting empty. Then Paco appeared, idling and sometimes playing alone at the server. At that time most of the players there were old psc members and other etpro enthusiasts. Paco started his famous sundaywars, which were a great success, to a degree. Something happened (like summer or smthg :P) and the server was empty for a long time. PS2 became etpro and things started going better, though all the players in the server were mostly (if not all of them) known to each other, so no newbies (fresh bloods) were to be found. Surprisingly, few players game even from other PS servers. Paco was still organizing his wars, at other times 10 or so.. players were to be found occasionally playing there. Suddenly Paco left, taking his wars with him. Old group of players started fading away until there were only few left.

This is about last 1-2 years of PS2.

Official Member

Postby Evil » Thu Apr 14, 2011 16:23

Diamond wrote:But ye, give ppl reason to connect there. Copy of another server is a complete failure of all kinds - it just doesn't work :D (no offense- just my opinion). 8)

maybe true bout the copy.
but what i rly feel whats strange is that,
the last time and i mean for few weeks,
nobody post in ps2 discussions
nobody (or lets say) not often are ppl to be found on ps2 (etpro) server.

now in all of the sudden it has changed
people massive post discussions oppion here wich make me laugh abit.

i mean people apply or discuss here i agreed.
but dont post only, but play aswell.

the start of ps2 etpro went well for some days/weeks and sudden latley nobody was found except few people sometimes then before.
bit weird to if i may say so.

we also have 2 know et is pretty old game and running alot of servers can be good and can be wrong (see ps4)
thats the future new games has been released or people love to hang out on 1 of the other servers wich make few server and incl ps2 now less visited.

What iam agree here is to copy ps1 settings or lets say the most of it
XP etc.. with few bots might now work out eighter,
and imo id say for etpub wich is also 1 of my favorite mod next nq.

anyhow to all who spend time and hard work (server owners ha include)
a great job to still care bout server etc.
and lets hope for the best. whatever mod has or gonna be settled.

PS Founder

Postby landser » Thu Apr 14, 2011 18:35

PS2 is atm a construction side.

atm nq 1.2.3 with bots and a modded PS1 server.cfg is beeing tryed.

finding the correct mod for a server can be complicated and a long process in which there is no reason not to try any mod which crosses our minds.
changing PS2 from etpro was mainly nemes idea and i supported and still support it because of a successfull nq1.2.3 running PS1.
overall i just want to see regular filled PS servers, i dont mind the mod.

Spam King

Postby Scary » Thu Apr 14, 2011 19:41

Uhm just because PS1 is crowded doest mean that any other server with similar settings would be same crowded.
Im sure many people including me dont want to play 20vs20 nq and would prefer to play 3o3 on small etpro map.
Remember quality over quantidy.Big amount of players on server doesnt make that server automatically good. Ps2 players are more skilled and experienced than their NQ neighbours. Why change another server to NQ?

Though i dont play on public servers active anymore i strongly suggest you guys to keep working on etpro.

PS Founder

Postby landser » Thu Apr 14, 2011 19:57

Scary wrote:Though i dont play on public servers active anymore i strongly suggest you guys to keep working on etpro.

the first 2 weeks of PS2 running etpro were successfull, but after that it was empty.
now, since icy resigned from (main)ownership, PS2 got new owners who want to bring PS2 back to life, with a new mod.
and like i said before: PS2 is atm a construction side. it could take months until we figure how to run it with a regular playeramount.

btw, we still got a 23/7 empty etpro tj server which can be run as a public etpro server by an admincommand (i think).

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Thu Apr 14, 2011 21:26

landser wrote:btw, we still got a 23/7 empty etpro tj server which can be run as a public etpro server by an admincommand (i think).

who's gonna sit in server to change it from tj->etpro->tj->etpro->tj->etpro->tj->etpro->tj->etpro->tj->etpro->tj->...->...

PS Founder

Postby landser » Thu Apr 14, 2011 22:44

since you go pro, you could.

or if its possible it could be added to the vote menue ...

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Apr 14, 2011 23:11

landser wrote:since you go pro, you could.

or if its possible it could be added to the vote menue ...

I have better idea -> make me ps7 owner. :P

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Apr 14, 2011 23:21

What you gonna do of ps7 then?

PS Founder

Postby landser » Thu Apr 14, 2011 23:24

since ps7 is kind of owner + playerless, i would not mind in letting you be the owner and take care of it ... but since we got the "just HAs run a PS server" policy, due to some weird storys with non PS-members in the creating phase of PS, you would need at least 1 HA which would let you co-own it with him ...

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Apr 14, 2011 23:39

heh. Make me HA then, been playing regularly from 2007, no bans, no major rulebreaks, been helping out more than some HA's :D.

But this is kind of offtopic now.. :oops:

PreviousNext

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011