Changings

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Official Member

Changings

Postby Evil » Sun Apr 10, 2011 23:37

I see that there has some changes has been made or are my eyes half closed?
i see its changed to noquarter with bots running on it?

any more info to give out to those who are intrested?
would be appreciated :)

Official Member

Postby deep » Sun Apr 10, 2011 23:52

Well I heard that Landser is going to be one of the new server manager's And Icy steps down to being a co-owner. Also that when this NQ fails, they'll try with etpub.

That's about the rumors I heard. But I'm sure a proper topic will be posted with the new information concerning PS2. :)

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:15

Cool to be informed
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:48

It's True... Lands and Nemesis are gonna run the server with Icy in the back as Co-owner... And you should have seen the bloody **** we made :twisted:
Last edited by SpyCow on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:56, edited 1 time in total.
Image :wth:

Official Member

Postby Toup » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:51

Ok i don't understand spy's post but anyway ^^. I liked Etpro shame there were no players.....

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:56

Nitmod is the best Pub mod between NQ..
- Tho i am not a Jaymod lover, it's getting developed further again, which is kinda surprize imo.

Seems i was true that ETPro won't stay for long.

Server High Admin

Postby Zielobjekt » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:18

i have to write it because we laughed so hardly about that change/decission yesterday

etpro was realy a success in the beginning and there where just 2 things why it went empty and it would be easy to get it filled again. i already pointed out why and how but just noone cares or even answered.

sry but to make it nq is the biggest nonsense ever. ps5 isnt full and you think you need another nq server. like you get new players to the community with another nq server.
when ps5 would be full ok, try it with other mods ok but to try it with nq is just totaly out of logic.
Cry and you will cry alone, but laugh and the whole world will laugh with you!!!

Official Member

Postby Toup » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:57

Ps3 is noquarter isn't it? I mean, 3 noquarter servers are enough, why would you want ot make a 4 if you have Ps5 that NORMALY has 2 to 6 players only?(Don't kill me for saying this)

It's not like ET is a new game that keeps getting new players.

I personally agree with ziel.

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Mon Apr 11, 2011 14:33

Toup wrote:Ps3 is noquarter isn't it? I mean, 3 noquarter servers are enough, why would you want ot make a 4 if you have Ps5 that NORMALY has 2 to 6 players only?(Don't kill me for saying this)

It's not like ET is a new game that keeps getting new players.

I personally agree with ziel.

with etpro it was always empty anyway.....ps1 is the big house in ps since long time ago. Personally i m having problems in ps1 (lag) when the server is full . Ps3 and ps5 are using new no quarter mods and maybe some players miss the 1.2.3 (as ps1 mod). It is a good decision if you see what happen with ps1 (often full) and make a server with equal mod.

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Apr 11, 2011 14:42

first we need to look at the reasons why ps2 was empthy when etpro was running.
1) spawntimes were wrong for weeks, maybe even for month (this is huge mistake for etpro server)
2) radar had grass for weeks
3) no replys in forum
4) no active server owner
5) noone fixed problems, noone didnt even reply

- After 2month those problems were fixed but it was too late then, noone wanted to ever join again because they still tought server got those problems.

i have to write it because we laughed so hardly about that change/decission yesterday

etpro was realy a success in the beginning and there where just 2 things why it went empty and it would be easy to get it filled again. i already pointed out why and how but just noone cares or even answered.

sry but to make it nq is the biggest nonsense ever. ps5 isnt full and you think you need another nq server. like you get new players to the community with another nq server.
when ps5 would be full ok, try it with other mods ok but to try it with nq is just totaly out of logic.

:good:
Last edited by Ajit on Mon Apr 11, 2011 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Mon Apr 11, 2011 14:44

Well N!tmod has ETPro hitboxes and based on NQ.. looks pretty equal to it.
Also there are some Jaymod styles and settings, which can be changed ofc.
Tho also some N!tmod settings.. like HP recovery for every class when reaching the right medic skill.

PS Founder

Postby landser » Mon Apr 11, 2011 15:05

ya, PS2 changed the mod from etpro to nq1.2.3, it doesnt collide with PS3 / PS5s mod since they got nq1.2.9 running.

atm we got icy, neme and me as owners.

icy couldnt effort spending much time on the server, so he wanted to step down as owner. but he decided to rejoin as co-owner.

if this current gameversion of ps2, PS1 rip off with bots, wont succed, then wed have to change the mod once again. thered probably be a public discussion about the next mod.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Apr 11, 2011 15:28

landser wrote:if this current gameversion of ps2, PS1 rip off with bots, wont succed, then wed have to change the mod once again. thered probably be a public discussion about the next mod.

But why we didn't get informed about all this. You need your members and regulars for letting this idea succeed. Would be nice to know if people are in for these changes, before suddenly doing it. There is no announcement in ps2 section or even the memberforum..
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Mon Apr 11, 2011 15:46

Ajit wrote:1) spawntimes were wrong for weeks, maybe even for month (this is huge mistake for etpro server)

Blame yourself for supplying a faulty script to Ice. Spawntimes were fixed shortly after..

Request came in after weeks.. and was configured the day after.

3) no replys in forum

Lol are you kidding me? Ice pretty much replied on a daily basis, so did I in MF..
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Apr 11, 2011 15:51

Guys let's fix this in MF.. Arguing in public will only make this more complex.
quoting deep:

PS Founder

Postby landser » Mon Apr 11, 2011 15:53

Smadje wrote:
landser wrote:if this current gameversion of ps2, PS1 rip off with bots, wont succed, then wed have to change the mod once again. thered probably be a public discussion about the next mod.

But why we didn't get informed about all this. You need your members and regulars for letting this idea succeed. Would be nice to know if people are in for these changes, before suddenly doing it. There is no announcement in ps2 section or even the memberforum..

ya, i am sorry for not informing, kind of missed the oportunity ... but like i said: next mod change will be made public ;)

Official Member

Postby Evil » Mon Apr 11, 2011 16:19

well hope we can manage something that should work this time.
els ps2 going on the same way as ps4 iam afraid. but dont last faith yet ;)

Hope between the owners are gonna be active and least care of ps2 then never before.
anyway if there is something me and (we) as community can do
play on it or even more let us know for any support.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Apr 11, 2011 16:26

I also join Ziel and as i ve already told it in the AF topic, running PS2 on NQ mod is a total no sense since we already have difficulties to keep alive PS5. Running it as a lil copy of PS1 is even worst. Your goal is to attract new players by having same mod and setting in 2 servers and you honestly think that it will works? all it will brings out will be a one big confusion for our regulars and make all other serves more fragile. Well, let's hope that i m too alarmiste about it and get it all wrong.

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Apr 11, 2011 16:40

warren-the-ape wrote:
Ajit wrote:1) spawntimes were wrong for weeks, maybe even for month (this is huge mistake for etpro server)

Blame yourself for supplying a faulty script to Ice. Spawntimes were fixed shortly after..

Request came in after weeks.. and was configured the day after.

3) no replys in forum

Lol are you kidding me? Ice pretty much replied on a daily basis, so did I in MF..

1) I sent right scripts, then icy changed something, etice, beach, frost went wrong then. then he changed again, then all maps went wrong.

2) told it several times to icy, then you fixed it, then after server restart it was *beep* again for weeks, then you fixed again.

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Mon Apr 11, 2011 17:22

BOWDOWN wrote:I also join Ziel and as i ve already told it in the AF topic, running PS2 on NQ mod is a total no sense since we already have difficulties to keep alive PS5. Running it as a lil copy of PS1 is even worst. Your goal is to attract new players by having same mod and setting in 2 servers and you honestly think that it will works? all it will brings out will be a one big confusion for our regulars and make all other serves more fragile. Well, let's hope that i m too alarmiste about it and get it all wrong.

i can understand your point bowy as ps1 owner, but many players change directly to other Community when ps1 is full, they dont go to other ps, they don like etpro , jaymod, nq 1.2.9 or whatever version..they like play in nq 1.2.3.
PS1 is working fine, is the server with more players. PS2 is always empty. PS3 is working fine, i see some regulars ps5 players , now in ps3. PS5 is many times empty, i dont know why (PS5 have nq with new version as ps3).
im my humble opinion, looking what happen in ps, many players are still interested in play in nq1.2.3. I dont see bad try with ps2 in this old but still beloved version.

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:59

Btw it's funny how everyone lends their hands for ps2 now, but didn't care when it was empty before. If you want to help out this server, then you have to dramatically change your casual playing habits - connect only to ps2! :D

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:33

Many people say that ps1 is popular because nq1.2.3. I personally think that it has nothing to do. Ps1 is popular for other, unknown sociological reasons.

Ps2 may run nq 1.2.9 for me. It may run anything as long as it would be able to meet some ppl there.
I personally would like to check jaymod or other pub, cause I've never played anything else than nq and etpro. However I was equally enthusiastic about etpro on ps2 and it failed eventually...

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:49

hi!

ye, kinda agree with smadje that it should have been announcet before the mod just changes, but ye, happend like this now and i hope the informations will get better announcet in the future :wink:

didn't rly say one single word yet public about me stepping back so i do this for now in this topic. well i was kinda busy most of the time, that's why PS 2 had probably no active owner anymore, since sleyvas and crossyard are still away without any single word. so i was kinda alone administrating it, but hey it's getting summer and i got a lot of things to do in real life as well, so i wanted to give PS 2 to someone else, to not waste a empty server for my favorite gaming mod, to play it once or twice in a week, when i got some free time. aynway, at all, many factores came together, which made it hard to get PS 2 back in the old glory days it had allready in the past.

lucky there was straight 2 ppl who wanna take care of it (neme and lands) and lands asked me if i still want to be co-owner. i won't be much active, like in the past weeks, but if it helps i surely will stay co-owner, to help it out from time to time, if needed and if im around.

about the mod itself, i also liked etpro pretty much, but ye as i said, i'm now rather the co-co-owner in the background who's busy anyway, that's why i didn't bring my ideas to this step. could of c keep it etpro or changing it back to the NQ version which was running before and close to etpro setted, to give a different varity of gaming on our community, agree with u there bow. but ye, as i said, i'm too busy anyway and leave that decision up to lands & nemesis.

in the end i was just disapointed that some ppl accused me of failing PS 2. it's like im the only responsable person why PS 2 failed with NQ before or etpro now. of c i was pretty busy and had not much time and there was probably some mistakes in the server config in the beginning, but still i don't think that i'm the only person u can blame at this point. rather think about ppl which was regulars for a long time and just disappeared as well to other servers or to real life. it's just hard to have a group as we had in the past, with players which was pretty active at PS 2 (deep, mees, garf, lis, ichi, souly, edhell, and so on). but ye, the game gets less and less populair, no doubt, so it's hard to keep this server up alone, also while im busy with a lot of things.

that's also another reason why i stepped back from it. kinda annoying to get blamed all the time for a empty server, even if it's not only my fault in the end. anyway, i think with lands and nemesis we got 2 guys with a lot of server experience which can improve PS 2 again, if the right steps are taken.

if u guys want it back to etpro, u could also spend ur time beeing active on PS 2. ziel as owner would be also fine for me, but i guess u are as busy as i am so yea, talking is the one thing, acting the other one. anyway, i was a lot there when the server was just empty when i had my rarely free time. who else did just join PS 2 when it was empty? i guess i can count them on one hand.. but imo it's easy to laugh or say something about it, if u didn't spend ur time for it like i tryed to with just a few support by a few people.

aynway, i wish PS 2 the best future and i'm sure its possible to get it more populair again and i try to help where it is possible, if i can find some free time.

much love
icy&ice
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Spam Kid

:-)

Postby Bruce23 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 22:44

well i think some ps1 players didnt know that there are some more ps-servers, could that be????
so they didnt switch to it when ps1 is full.
maybe some guys should explain from time to time, when server is nearly full, that there are some other beautiful servers like ps5 :P

Server High Admin

Postby Zielobjekt » Tue Apr 12, 2011 0:03

hope you dont got it wrong now icy. it was not meant as a blame to you from my side
Cry and you will cry alone, but laugh and the whole world will laugh with you!!!

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011