Adre & Shield

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Server High Admin

Adre & Shield

Postby FlowerPower » Sat Mar 26, 2011 23:06

Hello PS 3 owners! :)
I would like to discuss about some changes that in my opinion would improve PS 3 -gameplay.

First of all Adrenaline: I see in the last days a proliferation of adre-rambo-medics jumping and rushing everywhere. Really really annoying. There are 2 possible solutions: 1) slow down the recharge of energy bar, If you look at it, after used an adre stick, It recharges very fast, so the medic can quickly heal himself or inject another one in a very short time. 2) limit the number of adre sticks to 1 or 2.

Shield after being revived: I would like to see it and having a decent duration, in order to be revived and not being killed immediately again.

Share your opinions, regulars! :)

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Sat Mar 26, 2011 23:16

the adrenaline problem is true and like u flowy I think that the problem can be solved (always like u said) with limit the number of adrenaline like on ps1 month ago.

The shield problem for me doesn exist. Some one revive me and I already start shot to enemyes, with shield if someone revive me I'll be frozen for some second and that helps the enemyes, imo.
GoD is DeaD

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Mar 26, 2011 23:49

Adre is using a separate chargebar, so the medpack chargebar isn't affected by adre usage. And imo it should be just the opposite - every action draining the same chargebar.

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35

Adre doesnt give that big of an advantage but thats one of the main changes from older NOQ version that adre has a separate energy bar so it doesnt affect healing/eng/panza/fops and rest :P thats why so many usage cuz no penalty for adre like b4 u couldnt heal or use ur energy using atacks like panza ffe rnade...

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:07

Fefe wrote:Adre doesnt give that big of an advantage but thats one of the main changes from older NOQ version that adre has a separate energy bar so it doesnt affect healing/eng/panza/fops and rest :P thats why so many usage cuz no penalty for adre like b4 u couldnt heal or use ur energy using atacks like panza ffe rnade...

Give me one reason why adre should be in this game.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby Puputti » Sun Mar 27, 2011 13:27

I agree it's annoying to shoot a guy who is needled 24/7. Although adrenaline boosts only speed on PS3, the recharging is way too fast imo. Personally i am getting rid of adrenaline addiction and i really prefer to play without it.

So far, I support the idea of slowing down the recharge speed but i would forgive the addicted nabs without lowering the number of sticks. (Ammo pack includes adrenaline sticks so they could anyway reload their adre supplies) :lol:

Quoting diamond every action should have the same chargebar. It's really annoying when people is running away with adre while healing themselves. :x

A shield after being revived could also be useful in some situations but i prefer to continue playing immediately.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 17:41

I put 80% of adre just on respawn to get quicker to area where real game is going on.

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Sun Mar 27, 2011 18:43

same as kowi

and thats the one reason imo smad.

adre and nq fits fine for me.
bigger maps , jumping around getting to other side of map in few sec .

im totally fine with reducing it to 1 or 2 sticks
but it should stay

shield is baaaah
anyways i thinks even now theres a short time where ur unhittable or can hide behind

Spam Kid

Postby jorgenchip » Sun Mar 27, 2011 19:29

Ye...
I was damn adre nab before but now I'm trying to not use it so much
It became pretty annoyng to run so fast all the time and etc..
Imo it would be nice if there's less adre sticks

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Mar 27, 2011 22:20

DMG_Kowi wrote:I put 80% of adre just on respawn to get quicker to area where real game is going on.

I think this is such bullshit. I bet you only save 2-3 seconds with that, I never use adrenaline and I'm faster than 90 percent of my team. Besides that I think it is also nonsense that people who get on battlefield got a full sprintbar. Sprint is really an strong weapon in a fight, and with the 'adre for returning on battlefield' idea you just gain an unfair advantage.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 23:01

Smadje wrote:
DMG_Kowi wrote:I put 80% of adre just on respawn to get quicker to area where real game is going on.

I think this is such bullshit. I bet you only save 2-3 seconds with that, I never use adrenaline and I'm faster than 90 percent of my team. Besides that I think it is also nonsense that people who get on battlefield got a full sprintbar. Sprint is really an strong weapon in a fight, and with the 'adre for returning on battlefield' idea you just gain an unfair advantage.

I can also transport myself quite fast (know how to jump, where 2 go etc.).

lol, BEING on battlefield on adre may be unfair advantage

Official Member

Postby Nitro » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:38

I don't really see your point guys. Everyone can use it. If it is an advantage, USE IT. Every single person can needle themselves... So, why not? Let's not make it et pro. NQ is fun mod to me. Let's keep it that way.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:01

Nitro wrote:I don't really see your point guys. Everyone can use it. If it is an advantage, USE IT. Every single person can needle themselves... So, why not? Let's not make it et pro. NQ is fun mod to me. Let's keep it that way.

I give you an example and you can see that it isn't the same for every class: i am an engy trying to plant dyna in order to complete an object. A medic is using adre and defending. Do you really think that if I use adrenaline, it will be the same? Technically yes, but he can always double-jump and escape and heal himself, while me, I will just try to avoid my death when he will chase me with full HP few seconds later (after using another stick of adrenaline). Do you think that this is funny??

I am trying to reach a more even gameplay, so everyone, every class, every player can have more "fun". NQ is fun mod, so let's make it funnier in this way. :)

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:13

Smadje wrote:

I totally agree with this one. The reason why is that because I have same experiences. I am a lot of faster than my team without adrenaline. I haven't used adrenaline now for... one year. So I notice big difference. So my suggestion is that amount of adrenalines should be dropped in one adrenaline and giving recharge time slower.

And about that what Kowi said that you could transport yourself with adrenaline faster. You could do that same without adrenaline also.

About the shield I could say that if shild will be on then its duration should be that long that the guy who has that shield wouldn't get kill when he has a shield but he could get up. But also the guys shouldn't get killed right after when revieved and getting up. At the moment I can't remember how was it PS1 but anyway it should be even for the killer and the killed guy.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:12

Nitro wrote:I don't really see your point guys. Everyone can use it. If it is an advantage, USE IT. Every single person can needle themselves... So, why not? Let's not make it et pro. NQ is fun mod to me. Let's keep it that way.

Yep but this game is not about reaching hyperspeed while moving, but about objectives + occasional shooting. Adrenaline just does not fit in this game, because with some practice you are already really fast..

DMG_Kowi wrote:I can also transport myself quite fast (know how to jump, where 2 go etc.).

So why we need adre than? Other people might use adre during fights, and not to be faster om battlefield.

DMG_Kowi wrote:lol, BEING on battlefield on adre may be unfair advantage

Indeed, that is aswell an unfair advantage.
Explain me please why you should have full sprint bar on battlefield, isn't it logical that if people empty it while reaching battlefield they should learn to better handle their movement?
Last edited by Smadje on Mon Mar 28, 2011 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
quoting deep:

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:58

Nitro but in this way we can see only rambo medic and no-one do obj.
GoD is DeaD

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Mon Mar 28, 2011 15:16

ehm guys u really wanna tell me that adre doesnt makes u faster (specially on long flat distances e.g. baserace)

imo it would slow down the gameplay a bit

but hey why not give it a try
Remove adre for some time

but but but i need sth to replace the free button then ,
mybe panzer for all ? only 1 shot :D

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 19:21

I see some people misunderstood me about using adre just after respawn.
So, the point of all discussion is that adre and its huge accesability gives too much power on battlefield. So I wrote that I often use it after respawn, so as a consequence (and what I meant) I don't use it too much in fights and therefore it's not that important part of my play.

Ok, now back to the topic:
-I agree that adre bar should regenerate slower or less adre should be equipped
-adre shouldn't have separate energy bar (on ps5 it makes adre so powerful). Then using adre would mean that u wouldn't be able to perform other special actions in some time (healing, planting, etc.)
-1 arde per life would fair I think with possibility to regain it from ammo crate or from field op ammo pack

And adre may have meaning in doing obj, for example when u run away with it, so I think that it fits the game.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Mar 28, 2011 23:59

DMG_Kowi wrote:And adre may have meaning in doing obj, for example when u run away with it, so I think that it fits the game.

Why should you run away with adre? Objective play is based on teamwork + timing of respawn, not on single player sprinting :)

Maybe I'm going to far with these critics, but I just don't see the point of settings like adre for "fun". Fun should be gained trough expertise and being better without things that shouldn't belong in this game, including adre and many other features. That's why I actually like ETpro for the 'real gaming'.
quoting deep:

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 0:18

Hmm, because defending team may use adre too, and it's nonsense to fight with them and it's better to run.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue Mar 29, 2011 14:33

Smadje wrote:Fun should be gained trough expertise and being better without things that shouldn't belong in this game, including adre and many other features. That's why I actually like ETpro for the 'real gaming'.

This is also why I keep ETPub better mod than NQ. ;)
Indeed NQ has its good sides but adrenaline really aren't one of those.

But I really would like to hear what Ninjadeer think about this. In myopinion it is really ridiculous that you have two different recharge bars: one for adrenaline and one for another stuff like dynamite and in medic's case health packs.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Tue Mar 29, 2011 14:59

Saukko wrote:About the shield I could say that if shild will be on then its duration should be that long that the guy who has that shield wouldn't get kill when he has a shield but he could get up. But also the guys shouldn't get killed right after when revieved and getting up. At the moment I can't remember how was it PS1 but anyway it should be even for the killer and the killed guy.

Exactly what I meant (or tried to :D )

Where lazy Ninja and lazy Stephan are?
Should we make a poll?

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 16:28

hmm i have been following this topic all the time

adrenaline:
atm adre is enabled for every class, it makes your eyes glow red and does boost ONLY stamina.

weapon configs for those needle type 'weapons' are very limited and some of those values should not be modified because they are animation dependent.
so with quick look i didnt find any value that could make recharge time any slower.

there is possibility to limit needles to only 1 at time.

personally i havent noticed such a big problem with adre using. just normal human beings behind every computer, and none of them is invincible. i like to use adre to move faster to battlefield and sometimes on it, though often i forgot to use it as i forget many other things...

advantage adre users have: they move a bit faster - change your sens and move your gun faster...
after all, removing adre wont make those 'adre medics' into 'objective whores'

shield:
i wouldnt touch this

i think options are:
shield + you are damn slow to get up after you have been revived
or
no shield + straight after you have been revived you are good to go and kill

and tbh, i cant find poll on forums very effective. most of ps#3 true regulars dont visit here often or have accounts... :wink:
Image thx for diamond :D

Spam King

Postby Scary » Tue Mar 29, 2011 20:08

I get really sad hearing all those "u all can use adre", "adre is part of game".
Its not. This makes ET too arcade. If you wana fly around with adre and doublejumps like a high speed plane, go play quake or sth. ET is about objective based shooting as far as I know.

On a realistic part, if PS#3 would disable adre, i quess server would run empty. Most of ppl will never get used to playing without adre. So best considerable option is limited stick amount.

thuuthuut!
*sleeping on sofa*

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:53

Ninjadeer wrote:advantage adre users have: they move a bit faster - change your sens and move your gun faster...
after all, removing adre wont make those 'adre medics' into 'objective whores'

Of course not :s

I have to agree with scary, from a realistic position adre sticks should be limited, and and I aswell agree with Saukko that a sepperate "power" bar is for sure ridiculuous. To be short: NQ 1.2.3 time ^^
quoting deep:

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011