Don't know who banned me...

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Official Member

Don't know who banned me...

Postby PhoboS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 20:38

Hi.
First, sorry about my english... i used Google Translator.
I'm PhoboS in PS1 and PS5.
Now one admin first kicked me. Reason: SK.
I knew the map but did not remember the spawn points. At the time I knew that was spawn i said sorry and stopped firing.
I go back to the server and try to tell the admin that there are other ways to manage bad behavior: warn and more...
Looks like this will feel bad to admin (???) and he/she banned me permanently ... (???????????????????).
His/her name was Lote, i think.
The few people who know me know that I always keep the rules of the game, but it is also true that some admins know that I can not stand the stupid abuses of some of them.
Regards.

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sun Feb 06, 2011 21:00

You are banned by BowDown for not being respectful.
Wait for his reply.

Official Member

Postby PhoboS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 21:05

Thanks Ajit... at least now know who banned me...

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:08

You was kicked for spawn kill on Desert Temple, no need to talk about your arguments, they are classic and of no importance, specialy from a regualr on one of the most known ET map. I was alone and as usual, some on axis team were having fun playing cat and mouse with me and spawn killing. In this kind of maps with bad spawn kill issues , i usualy do a global warn and then clean up the server from those who still need more to get the message. You entered allies spawn with a nade and killed two allies (so not realy an accident), you said sorry but the kick was fully deserved for me, so you was kicked (for info, PAJDA who is also a regular had 4 days ban for sk only few minutes befor you, so you can see that i have concidered your apologizes). After the never ending two minutes kick (oh my gosh :wink:), you connected again and despite of keeping your head down and play, began to blame me cause you didn't had a warn, calling me kid and telling me that i had to learn what a warn is ... well i ve also thought that it would be a good idea to learn you something about the respect of others and polite way to having a discussion, and a ban was realy welcome as first lesson. So, now that you looks a bit more relaxed, and since you seems to be damn older and mature man than me (well, im a kid for you so i guess your age most be at least twice than mine, about 60 years old :wink:), what do you think about your behaviour? :wink:

Official Member

Postby PhoboS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 18:20

By parts...
1-"from a regualr on one of the most known ET map" For months he did not play this map because for months he played very little ET.
2- "You entered allies spawn with a nade and killed two allies" YOU LIE!!!
Check your log and see that you're wrong. I shot one allie, and although there was more I shooting stopped, because I thought it might be the spawn point because there were 4 or 5 together... I could have killed more and I did not.
3- "...and despite of keeping your head down" This is really the problem... true???. Breaking the rules of the game is not serious, how serious is to break YOUR rules... true???
I never under the head before a injustice and before a lie. You can ban me in the game and in forum, but that does not mean you have the reason... just the power... ephemeral power.
4- " ...calling me kid" It is not an insult. I called you kid because you behaved like a capricious kid, when you take the opposite.
5- "...and since you seems to be damn older and mature man than me" I have a few years older than you, but I think it has become clear that I am much more mature... Less to your friends :-)
6- "what do you think about your behaviour?" Honestly? I should never commit SK, is not fair... but I'm not perfect.
Of the rest, I was not wrong at all.
Sorry about my english and regards.

PD. Thanks you very much, Diamond and Darky (nice to see you!!!) for your support at Shoutbox... for me is IMPORTANT.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:13

Fobos wrote:By parts...
1-"from a regualr on one of the most known ET map" For months he did not play this map because for months he played very little ET.
2- "You entered allies spawn with a nade and killed two allies" YOU LIE!!!
Check your log and see that you're wrong. I shot one allie, and although there was more I shooting stopped, because I thought it might be the spawn point because there were 4 or 5 together... I could have killed more and I did not.
3- "...and despite of keeping your head down" This is really the problem... true???. Breaking the rules of the game is not serious, how serious is to break YOUR rules... true???
I never under the head before a injustice and before a lie. You can ban me in the game and in forum, but that does not mean you have the reason... just the power... ephemeral power.
4- " ...calling me kid" It is not an insult. I called you kid because you behaved like a capricious kid, when you take the opposite.
5- "...and since you seems to be damn older and mature man than me" I have a few years older than you, but I think it has become clear that I am much more mature... Less to your friends :-)
6- "what do you think about your behaviour?" Honestly? I should never commit SK, is not fair... but I'm not perfect.
Of the rest, I was not wrong at all.
Sorry about my english and regards.

PD. Thanks you very much, Diamond and Darky (nice to see you!!!) for your support at Shoutbox... for me is IMPORTANT.

Ok, will try to answer you point by point :

1. No matter how long you play ET at the moment , you are a PS servers regular and the map is well known, you are used to know our rules so i wont accept any excuses when you break them but just give more or less rude punishement depending on a player, circumstance, his behaviour etc ....

2. Did you spawn killed or not? that's the most importnat part. Now, no matter if you killed one or two etc ...I can be wrong about the number of the kills but certainly not about you entering with a nade and also killing at least one enemy, it's how i found your name on the mainchat. I don t need to LIE for something you personaly admit : the spawn kill.

3. Yes, it s exactly the problem. Personaly if i do wrong, mistake or not, and i recieve a lil punishement (yes, a 2 mn kick is a fair punishement for a spawn kill) , i wont certainly not blame the punisher since i m the guilty one and not the contrary... breaking the game rules is serious and that's why we have admins around, same goes with mine since they are the same than our server rules :wink:

4. Calling somebody you don t realy know "kid" in a discussion is indeed not an inuslt but its full of other meanings : sarcasme, arrogance etc ... not the best way if you want a "mature" discussion. You did wrong, you was punished, and you argues about something already fixed on a way i judge unrespectful, call me capricious or not but i have no obligation to stand this.

5. Well, what can i say except "congratulations" :D

6. No one is indeed perfect and we all do mistakes , now you can also assume your mistakes instead of never ending discussions, another sign of maturity in my eyes, but seems that we don t have the same point of view about it :wink: .

I will unban you tomorrow , try to be more watchful in future and not only about the server rules.

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:48

phobos
reading your post i maybe can get your points what you expect or what you miss in this case.
its not the first time someone missed a warn or expects a "talk" for little mistakes, bullshits or whatever on the servers happend or here in forum.
from your point of view it seems unfair to get kicked for a mistake and banned for a little complaint about it. But im pretty sure you will understand it more if you see it from our point of view (in this case bowdowns): every day this server is crowded with 30 players +
every day shit happens: newbies pass by, cheaters visit us and the normal "usual" little missteps that can happen to everybody.
regarding this you cant expect that admins handle every case that personal as you would like to see it. more than ever this is not possible if only one single admin around, as bow explained in his first answer.
we admins would not need to play this "god-style" every day if there is more backup from regular players.
More sad is it then if you see those who you expect to "help" you break the rules themselves.

this little explanation since i know you as an exemplary regular and i dont want to see you fall here into endless discussion.
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:16

Thank you seby for your words for both of us (me and Fobos). I know that some players think that we admins love to acting like god or having a kind of pleasure to punish people, show them who is the boss etc ... but it's a wrong idea. I would love to have a quite and calm server, no bad behaviour, no rule breaking, no insults or provocation, only fun and good moments of relaxed game but we all know that its only possible in an utopian world. So , we unfortunatly have to manage all kind of shits you can see and hear in a public crowded place, full of people with different sensiblity, opinions and intelligence :wink: , and believe me it s not that easy. I don t want people to have compassion for us since thats the duty we accepted when we joind this community but just more understanding. We all do mistakes and admins are not an exception, i try to assume it when i realy feel that i was wrong but i also want same from players, that s all. From what i can see, Fobos is pretty an apprciated player so it s just sad that we have to end it here in forum and goes for interminable talks. The ban itself was n realy a perm one but the way i usualy use to have a reaction from the player on forum when a calm discussion is not realy possible on server. So, as i said above i will remove it right now and Fobos feel free to catch me in server if you still want talk about it, if not, just have fun there and hope we wont have any troubles in future :wink: .

Official Member

Postby PhoboS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 19:06

Thanks you for your reply, Sebbel, your opinion is greatly appreciated by me.
I know it's not easy being admin because it's very easy to go wrong with your decisions. Being a player is more simple but also one can make mistakes and that does not mean to do it on purpose.
Isn't my intention to fall into endless discussion here.
Thanks BowDown for your invitation to talk about it on server, but my english is very very poor, and i need often to use a translator.
Thanks for unban and for servers.
Regards.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Feb 09, 2011 19:39

Well, think we both have nothing more to add about so indeed no need to waste our time talking about on server, the case is closed from my side :wink: . Have fun on PS1 and i m sure we wont have no troubles again now that we know each others a bit more :wink: .

cya

/locked

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011