TJmod secure?

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Silver Star

TJmod secure?

Postby chimera » Wed Jan 19, 2011 21:07

Hi, i checked PS7 for 2 days and today Deep was also here.

I was talking about why the server isn't running on TJMOD

He told me it was something about security reasons. I know the makers of TJmod are pretty much hackers themselves. But is there also a security problem for the FTP/root?

And Deep also said TJMOD can not run etadminmod. Which i think is not true.

My reasons why TJMOD should be on the server are:

-Nofatigue can be enabled (im tired of pressing adrenaline all the time)
    -U can use all classes but instead u can disable all weapons exept i.e. engineer can't use his primary weapon or mines.
    -The save and load function is improved so you can't cheat out of jumps (for some people this might be a disadvantage)
    -Etadminmod does run on TJMOD (trickjump.me)

and many other interesting features.

Cheers,

Chim

Silver Star

Postby chimera » Tue Jan 25, 2011 22:09

Hey i wan't to hear some reasons.

Like 'Why Not"

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 16:38

I tried TJmod couple of times myself but I think it's not good for PS7.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 20:09

Saukko wrote:I tried TJmod couple of times myself but I think it's not good for PS7.

-*S

Why wouldn't it be good for a "TJ" server?

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Jan 26, 2011 21:35

If ps7 will not be used for playing matches, a tj mod doesn;t sound bad in my opinion. Since I don't have much experience with mods like these, I donnot really know or it will actually be better than the actual settings.. Someone has a more usefull reply on this question :)?
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam King

Postby Scary » Wed Jan 26, 2011 21:49

TJmod is easier for user with all those cgaz, movement pad (where u see what button you are pressing atm) and so on. Less experienced users can tweak all their necessary settings from TJmod menu under ESC such as maxfps and so on. And also stuff Chimera pointed out. So I as player dont really see any negative side of replacing etpro tj cfg with tjmod.

jez, me likes cookies.

Silver Star

Postby chimera » Thu Jan 27, 2011 0:07

Apart from the security reasons, this is from what ive heard only referee access (some made bug by makers so they can kick players) but this issue has been fixed in the TJmod 1.7.0a version. So its good to go

Here's the proof

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:25

And of course one other reason is that somebody said that PS7 should stay ETPro and I really support that idea even TJMod would be easy to configurate but I like ETPro style more myself, somehow much easier than this TJMod.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby deep » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:51

Saukko wrote:And of course one other reason is that somebody said that PS7 should stay ETPro and I really support that idea even TJMod would be easy to configurate but I like ETPro style more myself, somehow much easier than this TJMod.

-*S

Define easier, I don't get what you mean.

For people who don't know what TJMod is:
It's a mod with ETPro physics that includes cgaz (shows you the proper angles when doing gamma) + keys on screen (so when you spec to learn, you can see what keys are being pressed) + many /tj_ client and server commands.

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Fri Jan 28, 2011 22:10

Saukko wrote:And of course one other reason is that somebody said that PS7 should stay ETPro and I really support that idea even TJMod would be easy to configurate but I like ETPro style more myself, somehow much easier than this TJMod.

-*S

Hilarious.

Go actually try TJMod, it's ETPro with help for TJ noobs and infinite stamina.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011