suggestion Teamdammage

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:02

I think there's no solution for this problem, only if you took FF off, then, many regulars wouldn't play here anymore in my opinion, i saw this hapening with an other server.
The idea of loosing Xp/Hp when you team damage or team kill would be very annoying as most part of the time it's unintentional.
Now if we have a player that does it intentionaly, i'd report him to an admin, and he will know what to do with him.(oubviously)

Official Member

Postby xochi » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:35

Toup is right at this point, but also it is very annoying if you have people that run to your airstrike and then they get splat.
Then i think what are you doing mate. Also same with panzer most people dont look at it and then get surprised that they get hit by panzer because they run infront of it.
And with mortar, most of the time he shoots on the same place or 10 feet of it so you have to wait when mortar hits ground and then move forward, or backward. Most of the teamdamage is not on prupose , so it would be stupid to do xp off. Just play and have fun and watch also your own friendly fire and watch your teammates.

greetz xochi

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Sat Jan 22, 2011 13:43

xochi wrote: And with mortar, most of the time he shoots on the same place or 10 feet of it so you have to wait when mortar hits ground and then move forward, or backward. Most of the teamdamage is not on prupose , so it would be stupid to do xp off. Just play and have fun and watch also your own friendly fire and watch your teammates.

What if you are attacking on a map, and a mortar is blocking your (only) path. What would be the solution for this problem?

Server High Admin

Postby Zielobjekt » Sat Jan 22, 2011 13:46

just time the mortar
Cry and you will cry alone, but laugh and the whole world will laugh with you!!!

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Sat Jan 22, 2011 14:06

A bit hard when there is an enemy team on the other side shooting you but I guess it will do.

Official Member

Postby xochi » Sat Jan 22, 2011 14:45

If the outher team is shooting you well lure them into the mortar area so that they are dead and you can run further.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sat Jan 22, 2011 14:47

Yea, it's pretty simple... in theory.

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Sat Jan 22, 2011 14:58

xochi wrote:If the outher team is shooting you well lure them into the mortar area so that they are dead and you can run further.

I guess that would work very well.. against people who are braindead.

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Sat Jan 22, 2011 15:46

(the mortar topic)Just break thru enemy offence with a stronger one (thats what ill do)
anyways td shud be on cuz its beter for healing ur mates(i wont throw 5 packes on someone when i can give him 1 or 2 shots and heal with needle)
and if idea when i shoot someone i lose xp i wont even waste my time on healing at all....

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Jan 22, 2011 17:33

Fefe thats true, if some medics barely heal/revive now (sometimes i wonder if they disable minimap...) i imagine what would happen if we lose Xp each time we Tb .(not that XP is very important.)

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Sat Jan 22, 2011 19:44

Well i said it once already..

- FF half of the real damage

It really is different with it.. in a positive way (imo).
FF on Gameplay feeling is still there, but its not annoying.
In a bigger Server it's really more fun with it.

FF off will change PS1 heavily.. won't be added, 100 percent sure :)

In newer NQ mods there is an option to reduce friendly damage Anyhow, such solutions suck in my opinion, teamkills and teambleed are part off 20 vs 20 games. So be it.

Possible in 1.2.3 also.
About sucking..
I would say minimum 80 percent (of the players who prefer FF on gaming ofc) will like this more.

About complaining system.. if it's set bit higher, it's definately worth a shot.

But in the end i don't think something like that will be changed.
Here are regulars which play here longer already, there is a huge playerbase.
Server is successful with current settings.. so why change?

Standard, but valid and strong argument.
ET is an old game, gaining new players in is difficult.

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Sat Jan 22, 2011 21:54

Toup wrote:Fefe thats true, if some medics barely heal/revive now (sometimes i wonder if they disable minimap...) i imagine what would happen if we lose Xp each time we Tb .(not that XP is very important.)

But think if u got 1000 medic xp each map u lose 100 xp for tb and gain maybe 20 (medic xp) eventually ull go down to lvl 2 or 0 medic and it would be annoying to get all this xp back when so much harder now . dont u think ?

Veteran

solution

Postby boemerang » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:37

Best solution in my opinion is.....

Make teamdammage given half the normal dammage or turn it off, played a lot lately on servers where td is turned off i liked it a lot, only problem i meet there is reviving as medic you cant shoot your teammate for reheal, half the dammage solves that problem.
But ofcourse iam nuts and will always follow the opinion of the majority.

t HERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG,
t HERE IS ONLY AN OPINION !
watch out 2011 is gonna be a crazy year

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011